let me get this right

Bandicoot

so TFP changed the perks so that they wouldnt require any level to be bought, then they changed their mind.

now we have the hammer and forge talents gated behind levels as it was at the beginning, the very reason people complained about it and made the change happen.

im confused

So basically, we now have gated forge and more expensive levels. :) It was actually easier to level in the Intelect tree in the first experimental.

yeh that, it looks a bit retarded now if i may say so. the first iteration of a17 perks was fine to me, maybe forge at lvl 10 would be nice yes but then the rest was alright as it was. plus at the end u can get every perk at level cap even with new more expensive atributes. so its just slower to the point that is not fun =(

They cut the level gates in general because they wanted people to have the freedom to specialize but they also want spacers between the tech levels. When they very first switched to a point economy gate from level gate they said that they would be looking at doing some surgical level gates to certain perks in order to give each tech level its era.

What's to be confused about?

A15 (mostly passive leveling) --> A16 (less passive leveling and more point spending and level gating) --> A17 (all point spending and level gating) --> (all point spending and no level gating) --> (all point spending and limited level gating)

Throughout all of this the concept of starting gimped and progressing to super has been the same. This seems like standard development of concept and experimentation that would go on before the final release. If development is confusing and disorienting and unpleasant then wait for the full release. Not one single person who purchases this game after it releases will go through the process illustrated above and will never have played the game with those different settings. They will just know the one where it finally settled after trial and error and experimentation.

What do these guys have against the forge! I feel like they balance the entire attribute and perk system around that one item. They made it so expensive in points that it's basically level-capped already. And if you rush the forge by dropping all your points in it you suffer in other ways like having no stamina/health, cant farm, duck at combat, cant gather resources. And that's fine. Thats how it's supposed to work. That's punishment enough for rushing it, no need to add the punishment AND level gates.

Removing level gates was praised by almost everybody, why would you bring back the most hated feature in the game?? You guys are supposed to be the FUN pimps, not actual pimps!

Us: "Hey big daddy, can I have a forge?"

TFP: *SLAP* "you want a forge b****!?, go get out on that corner and grind me some levels!!

But seriously guys, please get rid of these level gates, they are unnecessary. Your just destroying a certain kind of playstyle with nothing good being added by it.

Removing level gates was praised by almost everybody, why would you bring back the most hated feature in the game?? You guys are supposed to be the FUN pimps, not actual pimps!

TFP: *SLAP* "you want a forge b****!?, go get out on that corner and grind me some levels!!

This is awesome!

7 Days to Die: the MMO/FPS/SURV/TRADE_SIM/FARM_SIM/CRAFTING/BUILDING/HORROR/TOWER_DEFENSE/AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

TY Kattla

See? Making up metaphorical dialogues is fun! :)

So many people want their hand held tightly. Remember that time you had to go out and LOOT and LOOT until you found the skill book to make the forge?

Yes. That was the good time, now we just FIGHT and FIGHT until we are high enough a level or

have enough points. I think i fought a lot back then too, so not much have changed.

So many people want their hand held tightly. Remember that time you had to go out and LOOT and LOOT until you found the skill book to make the forge?

I would much prefer book rng instead of, here's your forge/minibike/auger/ect. just because you spent a point here.

RNG and searching/looting everything made for such unique playthroughs imo.

I would much prefer book rng instead of, here's your forge/minibike/auger/ect. just because you spent a point here.

Personally I prefer not having the forge locked by RNG but I get that others prefer it. I'm fine with minibike, auger, etc. being RNG but not the forge. Just personal preference I guess.

Yes, i'm with you, the risk and reward of looting isn't so fun as it was, that feeling of YES! I can finally craft such n such, or that feeling of finally finding that WRENCH!

AMAZING TIMES!!!!!

This is what to strive for! Make the 4X4 a lootable book for all I care. At least there's a real reason to go out and loot after a certain point.

Whether I agree or disagree, I'm very encouraged when there are updates week to week with tweaks to the system.

Some games... introduce a newer system and leave it to bake for months before changes, when certain instances are screaming at you for changes.

*points at World of Warcraft/Blizzard*

Numerical data doesn't always equate to enjoyment. A fix based on data to serve the dev's objectives can be disconnected from the higher purpose of enjoyment.

So despite that single thread today where someone some complained plox patch only on a week to week basis, I wish I could slap him across the back of his head.

Keep those patches coming!

On the subject itself, a gated forge doesn't affect my specialization path or choice, so I'm okay with it.

So basically, we now have gated forge and more expensive levels. :) It was actually easier to level in the Intelect tree in the first experimental.

All we got was increased prices across the board. None of this is easier to obtain now. This is hamfisted knee jerk systems design at its finest. Not that they have a systems designer on staff...

Only thing I have to say about this:

They also pushed iron tools back...

TFP:

- (A17) we're going to gate the forge so players can't reliably get iron before level 20

- (B221) actually players are getting to 20 really fast...lets slow down levelling to stall off that benchmark level

- (B231) well lets remove level gate so players can get forge early if they want

- (still B231) not THAT early! whoa! we're pushing forge back to INT 5 and making stamina tougher so they have a harder time getting forge early

- (sneaky B231) also, lets sneak in nails and duct tape to the forge recipe! hah! now they need to find a forge, to MAKE a forge (reliably). hilarious!

- (B233) ok ok fine, you can get your forge back at INT 4...but we're adding a new rank of the forge perk to restrict iron tools, and THAT'S still at INT 5...so you can get your forge earlier right? even though making effective use of it is now 1 point FURTHER away...

its so flip-floppy....level gate...double down on level gate...remove level gate...start making the soft gate harder...make the soft gate easier, but make use of it harder...

The worst thing has to be the stealth changes all over..."here's your forge, but we changed the recipe to require something EVERYONE scrapped before and can't be crafted without said forge"....then "here's your forge" *tries to craft iron item* "WHOA THERE DUDE! you can't use the forge like that anymore...yet."

And people honestly thought it was ME who was petty when I said I didnt like it, because it was obvious that they only want ppl to have the forge later in the game... and there is no reason for it, as there are still forge pois and traders with forges!

Its just a quality of life upgrade, and an important one to the fun of the game as well! And they WILL NOT BEND!!! This is why I'm saying they don't care for the fun of the player... but naaah I'm just ignorant.

Archived