Bicycle shoud they even suppose to be craftable? among other things

Bhaaltazar

OK not a rant just an idea. Should bicycles even be a thing to craft? There are 100 million bicycles produced every year in real world, so basically they are lying around in pretty much every basement or garage. So in post apocalyptic world they would just disappear?

I mean cmon? Make bicycles as a loot or just randomly lying on the ground in some shed or garage ( either as an item in a box or as a bike like a sleeper zombie ( don't know if that is a thing to randomly spawn a vehicle in a garage)).

Especially when you get spawned on a map like 2 km away from nearest trader, not to mention every quest is few kilometers away?

I mean game at the moment makes my character the biggest clumsy, out of shape elephant who cant swing an axe more than 5 times, walk slower than 5km/h ( real life human walking speed ) and cant step over half a block obstacle silently without waking up every ferral in the building :))

So please can at least the bicycles be part of a loot or randomly found item in the world ( like it would super realisticaly be possible ).

I like the idea.

I also think that tools should be more common. If you loot a house in this game you get a lot of guns.

The people before the apocalypse had crates with guns, a gun safe in almost every bigger house and bags with guns. But it seems no one had a toolbox. Why ?

I like the idea.

I also think that tools should be more common. If you loot a house in this game you get a lot of guns.

The people before the apocalypse had crates with guns, a gun safe in almost every bigger house and bags with guns. But it seems no one had a toolbox. Why ?

Movies tell you how to use guns, they don't tell you how to use tools.

That is why.

Movies tell you how to use guns, they don't tell you how to use tools.

That is why.

I just don't see anybody being confused about how to use a hammer or a shovel. It's also hard to imagine a garage in rural America without some basic tools.

Don't go too balls deep into realism. In a sense, a bicycle is a progression in mobility. So naturally certain elements might bar access to one.

Do not tempt the devs into making a riding skill perk, since you aren't born with the ability to ride one, but instead require practice. Otherwise your avatar would be seated on the saddle and pushing off with 2 legs rather than peddling and stumbling along the way with a chance for a sprained ankle or broken leg.

You know.. realism...

Realism and the definition of zombies should be more of a sentiment and not the basis of any argument.

imo

OK not a rant just an idea. Should bicycles even be a thing to craft? There are 100 million bicycles produced every year in real world, so basically they are lying around in pretty much every basement or garage. So in post apocalyptic world they would just disappear?

I mean cmon? Make bicycles as a loot or just randomly lying on the ground in some shed or garage ( either as an item in a box or as a bike like a sleeper zombie ( don't know if that is a thing to randomly spawn a vehicle in a garage)).

Especially when you get spawned on a map like 2 km away from nearest trader, not to mention every quest is few kilometers away?

I mean game at the moment makes my character the biggest clumsy, out of shape elephant who cant swing an axe more than 5 times, walk slower than 5km/h ( real life human walking speed ) and cant step over half a block obstacle silently without waking up every ferral in the building :))

So please can at least the bicycles be part of a loot or randomly found item in the world ( like it would super realisticaly be possible ).

They aren't in the walking dead but somehow they have motorcycles and horses. I'd definitely get a mountain bike in an apocalypse. I'm working towards getting vehicles into the loot and trader system.

They aren't in the walking dead but somehow they have motorcycles and horses. I'd definitely get a mountain bike in an apocalypse. I'm working towards getting vehicles into the loot and trader system.

Great to hear that thumbs up!

Don't make them too common but more like a lucky find even early on - I miss some RNG of lucky finds in current builds something that makes it a great find every once in a while when you play through so I will always check the nearby shed or garage when passing by.

If I found a bicycle in half the garages I search, I wouldn't think that was unusual or overpowered. Maybe some would need new tires, but I'd think that'd be the exception, not the norm. I use my own bike as an example. I bought it from Walmart in 1999 and I think I changed a tire on it once. I still ride it occasionally. 10 mile rides, on and off-road. It's in the garage now, like most bikes. It's not unusual.

Archived