More trader nerfs in B238

Slingblade2040

It's funny, the trader is something i feel i need to go see just because i have loot that needs selling. Buying goods from a trader is always something further down the line for me, If they took the traders out, I hardly believe it would impact my game very much.

Oh God, absolutely. Do not even think of doing traders without a vehicle, they are not cost-effective at all. I would also suggest that they are not worth it unless you have DA 3. If it wasn't for the mods, I would never touch traders quests, ever. They are pointless and unrewarding. And in general you will not get the mods without DA 3.

Then we agree lol

It's funny, the trader is something i feel i need to go see just because i have loot that needs selling. Buying goods from a trader is always something further down the line for me, If they took the traders out, I hardly believe it would impact my game very much.

On Alpha 16 the trader was most reliable source for an auger and a chainsaw in the early gameplay. Later in the game I sold him all the stuff from the horde and bought ammunition.

Right. Get auger, mine quickly, level up quickly.

Broken.

I never was interested in quick leveling. I mined for resources to build a proper base not for levels.

I love building bases from the ground up instead of modifying some PIO and therefore you need resources.

Combined with the massive loss of stamina, you are forced to spend your 400 dukes on food.

Atm you better spend your time in looting kitchens and food stores and not on quests.

I've never bought food from a trader in A17.

Let's face is, quests are a joke. I don;t know why people would waste there time on them, unless they are really close.

Trader nerf sucks. Early game forget about buying anything but food at this point. I think the higher end stuff is more for mid to late game though. Don't think they want you buying that awesome pick with 3 mods in it on day 3. I think the trader nerf should be addressed with a massive duke buff on quests. They also need a really MASSIVE xp buff.

I guess it's a good thing that quests (like everything else introduced in this alpha) are a WiP...

I guess it's a good thing that quests (like everything else introduced in this alpha) are a WiP...

Only bc posts like his. You make it sound like he shouldnt complain bc its still WiP. It's the other way around, it's a WiP bc players explain their concerns.

Right. Get auger, mine quickly, level up quickly.

Broken.

And that's the thing. As a builder i don't want the xp that came with mining. Mine fast, level fast, GS goes up faster. It was visious circle that got you endgame too fast. Then you are dealing with so many green zombies on blood moon that the lag ends your playability.

There were so many posts about abusing the traders and exploiting the economy and so TFP closed that loophole and now People complain that the traders can’t be abused.

In this very thread there have been posts complaining that there are so many guns and they should be reduced in loot. Wanna guess what the next angry threads will be about if TFP does that....?

There were so many posts about abusing the traders and exploiting the economy and so TFP closed that loophole and now People complain that the traders can’t be abused.

In this very thread there have been posts complaining that there are so many guns and they should be reduced in loot. Wanna guess what the next angry threads will be about if TFP does that....?

I got an idea. TFP should listen to feedback and consider it all. Then pick and chose the ideas they like. Should not just be doing whatever forums say. And that includes my advise lol. I figure this is the way they operate but just wanted to say it anyway.

I thought the traders needed some nerfing. I'd say TFP, in true Fun Pimp form, went overboard lol. But ya know what would fix this. Fix the quests, more money and xp. That would solve the issue for me.

Also if the drop rates on guns gets nerfed will the container be empty? Or would other loot be in there? I'd say leave guns alone. Is they dont sell for a lot what does it matter? I like it, reminds me of alpha 1 😁

yeah but that's just general player reactions, at the end of the day TFP should have some general idea or goal in mind in where they want to take their game. As of now though it seems they still haven't decided on how the early game should play out, let alone any end game or such.

I feel it would be best if they just pick one system and stuck to only it and worked on improving that system rather than scrapping it entirely. For example they could have made leveling by doing work abit better if they say made it so you could only get level 20 tools via making stone tools, and then if you want to get exp for crafting tools past that then you have to craft iron tools which say stop giving exp at lvl 60, and then steel etc.

If anything maybe they should also look at how other games like conan exiles and fallout 4 do their perk/level gate systems and then decide on what this game should be and stick to it, you honestly can't use forum polls to determine where to go as you will always have one side yelling for or against, and even then the number in these forums probably don't represent anywhere close to 1% of the total sales of this game.

Simple:

Don'T go overboard!

If we say "there are too many guns" reduce the guns in steps (slow changes) don'T reduce them to a point where they are barely in their inventory at all! As I wrote in my thread: you need patches specifically to balance stuff! Otherwise you simply always go overboard!

The problem is, that TFPs don't know how to do incremental changes.

Spikes OP: completely gone

Traders give too much money: nearly no money in the first 12 days

Zombies should be more threatening: completely overhauled ai that has gps tracking.

SMALL CHANGES!!! See if the changes have the desired effect, start over!

Don't try to guess what the perfect fix is and do it.

In the case of traders they’ve been too generous and people have been complaining about their economy since A15. I think 2+ years to consider what to do about the feedback is safe to not be called reactionary.

Now....could they have possibly gone too far and overdone it? I think we all know their patterns by now :)

But they are usually good about adjusting extreme changes back as well. My suggestion for you Kage is to go visit Prime in his stream and talk to him since he is the lead designer of quests...;)

Because people who want that dont play on lower droprates.

I as heavy trader abuser are not against some balancing, even if my AK selling was very very nice

In the case of traders they’ve been too generous and people have been complaining about their economy since A15. I think 2+ years to consider what to do about the feedback is safe to not be called reactionary.

Now....could they have possibly gone too far and overdone it? I think we all know their patterns by now :)

But they are usually good about adjusting extreme changes back as well. My suggestion for you Kage is to go visit Prime in his stream and talk to him since he is the lead designer of quests...;)

So a new build (=better traders) before Christmas?

So now I know who to rage at.....um I mean talk to lol

Quests were my number 1 loved thing in alpha 17 day 1. Now? They are basicly a non factor.

“Stop changing systems and pick one”

“Change more slowly!”

“The game is currently unplayable”

Do you know who will never ever complain about this stuff? People who buy the final version. They’ll never know the zigs and zags we saw. I’m not talking about not giving feedback about the game. I’m talking about an intolerance for getting this chance to step behind the curtain.

I have played a lot of early access games that are early access in name only. They aren’t REALLY going through the raw development process in view of their customers. They just have an already pretty much finalized game they are updating and when their game “goes gold” there really is no difference. The updates after 1.0 feel the same as the ones before when the game was supposedly still being designed.

7 Days development is the real deal. They were being honest when they said their game is a work in progress. They also take experimental seriously.

If you want the equivalent of DLC updates to an already finished game then put it away until the notification comes that it’s done. Otherwise buckle up and enjoy the ride for what it is. Every update is amazing to me how the changes affect the overall game. They aren’t all good but the process is definitely interesting to participate in if you have the stomach for it.

Everybody chill and start understanding what they are doing...

This is Stockholm syndrome treatment.

You ask for something, they go with their pendulum the complete opposite way, you pout and moan.

They say, "maybe you're right", change it to where they KNEW and we ALL expected it should have been.

Some, not all, start celebrating the TFP as the new saviors when it's obviously what they wanted since the beginning.

Rinse and repeat...

Level gating - check

Stamina - check

food - check

economy - changes coming soon

guns - next on the list (prepare to find just a handgun in day 4)

Not complaining about that they can't be abused, only that it's at the point they are not worth using, at

least not early game. Maybe when higher up in levels, and can produce something that sells at a decent

price, unless they nerfed every sellable item.

Guns.. I think those who complain about those are the same that prefer feather based weaponry. How it

is possible to stuff AK47's, shotguns and hunting rifle in a small desk safe i do not know, but logic is kinda

weird in 7d2d.

I don't mind guns beeing numerous, since it is basicly free ammo, which in turn makes gun as viable as

feather based weaponry. I do like their current balance too. However, since they are useful, i expect

them to be the target of another nerf.

However, since they are useful, i expect them to be the target of another nerf.

Anything complained about on the forums is getting nerfed hard, then balanced to be worse (my opinion) than it started.

So I propose below lol.

Walking from starting spawn is OP, please nerf. Preferred outcome would be start game with a broken leg, bleeding, and infection. /sarcasm

Walking from starting spawn is OP, please nerf. Preferred outcome would be start game with a broken leg, bleeding, and infection. /sarcasm

They nerfed stamina/food use. True story, no sarcasm needed. BTW, did someone complain about stamina use

before they nerfed it in B231?

Archived