How do you like A17 experimental NOW?

Roland

How do you like A17 experimental NOW?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like A17 experimental NOW?

• It is the worst version yet. I hate everything about it.
    • In general I hate it. The things I do like are overshadowed by the bad.
    • In general I dislike it. It has good aspects but overall it is worse.
    • In general I'm ambivalent. I have mixed feelings or am still unsure.
    • In general I like it. It has bad aspects but overall it is improved.
    • In general I love it. The things I don't like are overshadowed by the good.
    • It is the best version yet. I love everything about it.

Not exactly 1:1, but this reminds me of EAs: "Accept it or just dont buy it"

Which is not a good sign :D

It’s not even close to that. He said he was moving on. I said there will be adjustments and to check back and if not then enjoy the next game. What part of “this is the first version of AI and there will be adjustments if you want to check back later” means the same as “accept it or just don’t buy it”?

Go ahead. I’m waiting.

Have done that every update so far, now they call it stable.....

Stable simply means it runs for most players. It doesn’t mean “final version”

Thank you. Am doing just that and not looking back.

You’re Welcome. It’s a game and not a life sentence. Only do it if it’s fun and then move on to your next source of entertainment. Happy gaming to you. :)

I'll never understand why you choose to antagonize the base, but hey, whatever keeps you sane. :)

I don't see how this is antagonistic really.

Quite aside from the merits or otherwise of A17, at some point, the games direction is going to go in a way that doesn't tickle some players fancy. That's pretty inevitable. Hopefully it doesn't happen often, or to too large a section of the playerbase, but for those that it does, and specifically for those that it does to such an extent that they no longer play it, what else can be done but to wish them a happy game experience in their next game?

I really love it. Just finished a 10 hour session for today. No bugs. Only the usual glitches sometimes. But nothing game breaking. I get along just fine with the new perk system. I get the forge when I get the forge. Yeah, stamina. Okay. Little slower in the beginning. So what. The road is my goal. And I can see and experience that my skills improve and things get easier, even my stamina. But it is okay for me to walk around and only run, when in danger.

I play on Navesgane. Guess that helps in the beginning. Know about, where to go and where better not.

One thing I don´t like is that noise the bicycle is making. Trash can on wheels. Give me that ol Shimano sound.

It’s not even close to that. He said he was moving on. I said there will be adjustments and to check back and if not then enjoy the next game. What part of “this is the first version of AI and there will be adjustments if you want to check back later” means the same as “accept it or just don’t buy it”?

Go ahead. I’m waiting.

Simple. You aren't simply talking to him.

By saying "well if you don't like it just go away" even if there is more to it, it is basically a statement to the rest of the players that feel like him.

I know you didn't mean "we don'T care if you leave", but it sounded a lot like it, which worried me some.

Yes you can not make everyone happy. But it is quite a big part of the community, I feel.

But you already know how I feel... so lets stop this :D

didnt want to attack you, just saying how it felt.

By saying "well if you don't like it just go away" even if there is more to it, it is basically a statement to the rest of the players that feel like him.

I know you didn't mean "we don'T care if you leave", but it sounded a lot like it, which worried me some.

Yes you can not make everyone happy. But it is quite a big part of the community, I feel.

But you already know how I feel... so lets stop this :D

didnt want to attack you, just saying how it felt.

So what, Viktoriusiii, would you have Roland say alternatively?

No game in the history of games was perfectly fun for 100% of its player base. There will always be people who dislike some mechanic of a game so much that it stops them playing that game. The 7dtd player base wants lots of things in the game, many of which are diametrically opposed (digging zombies yes/no for example), making it impossible to satisfy all those people.

So, if someone says this game is no longer for them, what else can Roland do but say i) hope you enjoy your next game and ii) keep an eye out for updates to this one, cause maybe you'll like more some future version.

I mean, really, what else is there to say to someone in that position?

So what, Viktoriusiii, would you have Roland say alternatively?

No game in the history of games was perfectly fun for 100% of its player base. There will always be people who dislike some mechanic of a game so much that it stops them playing that game. The 7dtd player base wants lots of things in the game, many of which are diametrically opposed (digging zombies yes/no for example), making it impossible to satisfy all those people.

So, if someone says this game is no longer for them, what else can Roland do but say i) hope you enjoy your next game and ii) keep an eye out for updates to this one, cause maybe you'll like more some future version.

I mean, really, what else is there to say to someone in that position?

Yes but when a significant portion of the playing base is effected its just not one person, add the bad reviews and you have an issue. You cant please all the people all the time but when you alienate so many long term supporters of the game theirs issues. You cant just change the game a complete 180 and have people not upset. Its actually bad for business many games that go down this path end up dying EQ2 is a classic example were so many people would say leave and were is your tin foil hat only for the game to end up were it is now. So instead of shooting the messenger they need to understand why a good % of people loved 16a and why A17 is unfun.

Yes but when a significant portion of the playing base is effected its just not one person, add the bad reviews and you have an issue. You cant please all the people all the time but when you alienate so many long term supporters of the game theirs issues. You cant just change the game a complete 180 and have people not upset. Its actually bad for business many games that go down this path end up dying EQ2 is a classic example were so many people would say leave and were is your tin foil hat only for the game to end up were it is now. So instead of shooting the messenger they need to understand why a good % of people loved 16a and why A17 is unfun.

What percentage?

Do you know? Or are you just "supposing", "extrapolating", "interpreting" or even just "guessing" from the limited data Steam makes available to us.

Take a leaf from the Guppy forum whore, in a recent post, complain about what you don't like, and stop claiming (rightly or not) that some percentage, big, small or otherwise, feels the same way.

For me, I don't like the following:

1. 1 LCB per player (looks like that might change).

2. Reduced biome diversity.

3. Nothing to do underground, no reason to ever go there.

4. Non-random, map-omniscient zombie AI.

5. Insufficient incentive to build.

6. Insufficient incentive to explore.

I could name some others, but they're my big hitters, but here's the rub:

I not only don't know, but I also don't care, whether anyone else feels the same way, nor do I pretend otherwise in my posts.

I hope the game sells sooooo many copies that the Pimps feel they just have to keep pumping out DLC's post-Gold cause they're making so much money doing it, so every lost player is a little further away from that, but there will always be some lost players.

To the extent that it is possible, I advocate for player choice, since that is the best way, imho, to reduce that loss, but anyone claiming that their line of thought somehow, without direct evidence, represents some number of other silent players, just isn't being accurate, or honest.

@Oz

Your beating a dead horse...I've spent the last few days trying to get folks to understand basically this. Opinions, preferences, personal exp means no one has the same vision of the game.

It's sad too, because I just got of Guppys' server (server virgin btw) for day 7 and wow, is that not the way I'd set my server up (not even close)......but dang did I have a good time. I wish folks would spend just a little more time trying to find some fun/positives (there are many) instead of spending so much energy kerbitching and complaining about things that can either be easily overcome or altered to suit them. I've said it before, but the modability of this game is what truly sets it apart from others I've played.

I won't say this alpha worst or best. In my opinion some things got better some got worse. I got used to them.

I like the quests and i like the new Dungeon POI's with their z's placements. But they are (almost) everywhere they are not something special.

I like the mods to tools/weapon/armor (though i don't understand why a dye makes me do more damage. still i take it:smile-new:).

The perk system i can live with it but i found the previous mechanics (book/learning by doing) more to my liking.

I dislike the gamestage progression at the moment. The starting difficulty is fine for me but ramps up to way to fast in default settings. A fast gamestage progression should be part of the difficulty setting. I generally don't see a logical reason why it is liked to my lvl/survial rate.

The trader i think need balancing too. Him having up to lvl 6 stuff from day 1 (even though i could not buy it) is a little off. Having him evolving (by buying/selling/quests) would make more sense.

Having the mindless zombies calculating the weak points of bases and getting buffed for group attacking a block seems for me off as well.

Group attacks work well because the victim gets no chance to flee/retalitate, but makes no sense for 1 cubic meter of stone/wood.

RWG needs fixing. Roads are horrible. Too much wasteland/desert/snow. They seem to make up about 90% of the maps so far (maybe i was just unlucky).

At last a personal request. Don't make the game in a way that i have to play it in multiplayer. I won't play it anymore since then i am no longer free to choose when and how long i play.

I also like the new zombie loot system. I had never a drop during a horde night so i can't say if it despawns to fast as some say.

But I didn’t say that Vic. I said the opposite of that. I encouraged him to please check back because his number one complaint of AI would be getting some changes.

And if what I say to one magically applies to all then I’d just like to tell you about this GoFundMe I just started....

But I didn’t say that Vic. I said the opposite of that. I encouraged him to please check back because his number one complaint of AI would be getting some changes.

And if what I say to one magically applies to all then I’d just like to tell you about this GoFundMe I just started....

How dare you tell him to check back because the AI is getting an update... AND …. *GASP* tell him to enjoy the next game he plays! So mean!!!!!! I think it was a statement to EVERYONE .. including ME... IM OFFENDED!!!

LOL, some of you guys need to grow a pair and stop hugging trees.

Archived