Repair kits require 5 mech parts instead of 1 forged iron now? Really?

Mephistopheles

Most the time when people knee jerk about things they don't know ALL the details or rare tricks. Heck I'm still learning things because I'm not designing every little thing. I didn't know about gun safes until recently.

No it's not that they don't know all the details. It's just you guys are changing the rules on practically every update :).

I have +100 on day 4 so that is what made me brainchild this. Anyway I nerfed repair kits to use 2 mech parts, from 5 so it should still be a bit easier. Now if I can just find some oil.

I haven't even gotten that far yet to create repair kits but even I know that 5 mech parts was too much. Yeah mech parts are 'plentiful' but iron/clay to create forged iron was heaps more plentiful. Think about how much iron ore you can get when finding an iron lode/deposit. Probably 2-4 stacks of 1000 iron ore. Then smelt that and you get tons of iron. Clay is everywhere so it is not an issue in a17.

Probably need more feedback to see how this change affects MP games.

Most the time when people knee jerk about things they don't know ALL the details or rare tricks. Heck I'm still learning things because I'm not designing every little thing. I didn't know about gun safes until recently.

Wait what?

You didn't know gun safes existed?

Oh really? How are you supposed to spend a whole day wrenching cars if the wrench only lasts for 18 hits before needing repaired...WITH FORGED STEEL? Yes, traders which are now sparse, might have forged steel 10% of the time.

why the hell do you even need so many repair kits early on? If you wanna use alot of guns and vehicles, then go work.I never craft repair kits early game, what i find from loot is more than enough.

why the hell do you even need so many repair kits early on? If you wanna use alot of guns and vehicles, then go work.I never craft repair kits early game, what i find from loot is more than enough.

Thing is, you really don't you can get by with a bow till late game,I can repair that with wood, they made aiming with the bow even better this patch!

my end game load out usually consisted of Sniper/AK and a sledge hammer and 99% of the time I used the sledge. Conserving ammo, prior to end game loadout it was a bow and any melee weapon. There was some adjustments made since melee and stam are very...eh...cumbersome right now till you can farm up delicious corn bread.

You can craft mechanical parts, you could last patch too. The only time I really needed them was for repairing my auger.

Wait what?

You didn't know gun safes existed?

No. He didn’t know they harvested into forged steel. Neither did I until I read this thread.

But nice try for a “dev who doesn’t know his own game” moment...

Lol yeah it didn't reek of desperation ... at ALL.

naI988g.gif

Harvest safes for forged steel. The one you broke into already.

Hey madmole.

I'm unable to replicate those results.

I tried harvesting wall safes and gun safes (after breaking them open first).

I tried with a pickaxe, auger and a wrench, with and without 5/5 salvage operations, and at best I'm getting 1-2 forged iron, 2-3 springs and 4-5 mechanical parts.

Definitely not worth the time to go through 2500hp and i'm not getting forged steel.

Am I missing something here?

Hey madmole.

I'm unable to replicate those results.

I tried harvesting wall safes and gun safes (after breaking them open first).

I tried with a pickaxe, auger and a wrench, with and without 5/5 salvage operations, and at best I'm getting 1-2 forged iron, 2-3 springs and 4-5 mechanical parts.

Definitely not worth the time to go through 2500hp and i'm not getting forged steel.

Am I missing something here?

Well the Steel is there.

<block name="cntMunitionsBox"> <!-- military ammo -->
<property name="Class" value="Loot"/>
<property name="Material" value="Mmetal"/>
<property name="StabilitySupport" value="false"/> <!-- build restriction -->
<property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel"/> <property name="Texture" value="293"/>
<property name="Mesh" value="models"/>
<property name="Model" value="LootContainers/munitions_box01" param1="main_mesh"/>
<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacer"/>
<property name="ImposterExchange" value="imposterHalf" param1="112"/>
<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true"/>
<property name="LootList" value="40"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceForgedIron" count="2,4" prob="1" tag="allHarvest"/>
[color="#FF8C00"]	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceForgedSteel" count="2,4" prob="0.5" tag="allHarvest"/>[/color]
<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceScrapIron" count="30" prob="1" tag="allHarvest"/>
<drop event="Destroy" count="0"/>
<property name="EconomicValue" value="250"/> <!-- disassemble value -->
<property name="FilterTags" value="floot"/>
</block>

Doesn't mean you're wrong, however.

That IS a lot to go through for a chance at forged steel.

Better to try Pole Tops.

[back yard of some Gas Stations or at the top of poles in wasteland.]

Lots of other places too.

Just... not these Ammo boxes.

I'm with you, they aren't worth it.

Wow A17 went from feeling like a well planned, designed and thought out release that just needed some tweaking and bugfixing to complete random ♥♥♥♥ery. I can't wait to see what fun the next build brings </sarcasm>

Maybe...but just watch what happens when it goes stable and all the rest of the players get it for the first time. To them it will feel like a well planned, designed, and thought out release since they will have missed all the drama and since it will probably take a couple weeks for 17.1 (unless a big problem comes up and they need to do a hotfix) there won't be the feeling of quickly shifting changes that are all part and parcel to the whole experimental gig.

And we'll just roll our eyes and SMH as rehashes of the first week threads all repeat themselves from brand new people (including those who are upset that their A16 save got messed up by A17) :)

Maybe...but just watch what happens when it goes stable and all the rest of the players get it for the first time. To them it will feel like a well planned, designed, and thought out release since they will have missed all the drama and since it will probably take a couple weeks for 17.1 (unless a big problem comes up and they need to do a hotfix) there won't be the feeling of quickly shifting changes that are all part and parcel to the whole experimental gig.

And we'll just roll our eyes and SMH as rehashes of the first week threads all repeat themselves from brand new people (including those who are upset that their A16 save got messed up by A17) :)

True enough. I just felt like once I got over the initial shock of how massive a change A17 was, and adjusting to it, that it was all pretty good stuff that just needed some tweaking, balancing and bugfixing. Not being flung from side to side and up and down every other day, which is what it seems like now.

And yes, we don't really need tons of repair kits, all those guns we can't sell anyway turn into mechanical parts (unless that's been changed too :p), so it's not a big deal I guess.

Harvest safes for forged steel. The one you broke into already.

Harvest this, harvest that. On a multiplayer server once you've harvested the world, what's left for the next player?

I know you play Empyrion, and currently the quest system regenerates POIs when activated, but is there a possibility (like in Empyrion) of having a time based mechanic that could reset certain POIs (either set in their xml file or a tag read by a global value in the game). That way we could have a certain POI regenerate itself based on a respawn value. Could help keep a city fresh for multiplayer and availability of harvestable items/blocks.

Well the Steel is there.

<block name="cntMunitionsBox"> <!-- military ammo -->
<property name="Class" value="Loot"/>
<property name="Material" value="Mmetal"/>
<property name="StabilitySupport" value="false"/> <!-- build restriction -->
<property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel"/> <property name="Texture" value="293"/>
<property name="Mesh" value="models"/>
<property name="Model" value="LootContainers/munitions_box01" param1="main_mesh"/>
<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacer"/>
<property name="ImposterExchange" value="imposterHalf" param1="112"/>
<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true"/>
<property name="LootList" value="40"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceForgedIron" count="2,4" prob="1" tag="allHarvest"/>
[color="#FF8C00"]	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceForgedSteel" count="2,4" prob="0.5" tag="allHarvest"/>[/color]
<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceScrapIron" count="30" prob="1" tag="allHarvest"/>
<drop event="Destroy" count="0"/>
<property name="EconomicValue" value="250"/> <!-- disassemble value -->
<property name="FilterTags" value="floot"/>
</block>

Doesn't mean you're wrong, however.

That IS a lot to go through for a chance at forged steel.

Better to try Pole Tops.

[back yard of some Gas Stations or at the top of poles in wasteland.]

Lots of other places too.

Just... not these Ammo boxes.

I'm with you, they aren't worth it.

That is the military ammo box not safes. I haven't tried harvesting safes. I'll have to look in the XML. But yea, the military ammo boxes and the pole tops that are used as axels do also give steel.

You're crying about something that's considerably easier?

Unreal.

Mechanical parts are super easy to get - no crafting required.

The only challenging part to me about repair kits is the tape since you need metric arseloads of glue and/or tape for a lot of crafting. Bones > glue > tape are one of the few precious resources, IMO. You easily drown in everything else if you actually play the game and cry less.

This is Royal deluxe

You get more than enough mech parts by disassembling Grey weapons.

Are you talking about ACTUAL grey weapons? or the Quality Level 1 brown?

Grey weapons/tools are bug items made by logging out while crafting them. You can attack with a grey stone axe forever, but you can't use it to repair. You could also have a grey Steel Pickaxe that you could use forever but no mod slots.

Harvest this, harvest that. On a multiplayer server once you've harvested the world, what's left for the next player?

I know you play Empyrion, and currently the quest system regenerates POIs when activated, but is there a possibility (like in Empyrion) of having a time based mechanic that could reset certain POIs (either set in their xml file or a tag read by a global value in the game). That way we could have a certain POI regenerate itself based on a respawn value. Could help keep a city fresh for multiplayer and availability of harvestable items/blocks.

You'll go take lots of quests. The POI resets and you harvest it all, almost like Empyrion?

Archived