POI Light Enabler - Real Time

FastBurst

On 9/17/2020 at 7:34 AM, Outsida92 said:

Thanks! What do you use to edit and compile?

dnSpy with netcore is what I used. It is finicky though, took me a few tries to get it to compile and I initially gave up on it, but after some time to cool off, I was able to get it to work.

4 hours ago, rohan. said:

dnSpy with netcore is what I used. It is finicky though, took me a few tries to get it to compile and I initially gave up on it, but after some time to cool off, I was able to get it to work.

Appreciate the info. I may play around and see how quick I go from "I got this!" to "I fkn hate life and everything in it!" lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 8:19 PM, FastBurst said:

Sorry guys, I been fighting Covid-19 and has taken a lot out of me. I will try to get it updated very soon.

Thanks so much for continuing to work on this, one of my favourite little tools. Hope you feel better soon too, covid is a B@$%&£*!

• 2 weeks later...

I gave the 19.2 stable version a try, and I'm able to load into a server with this .dll "installed," but the log menu can't close, as it continuously spits out the following message:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

What can I do to fix this?

Anyway, thank you for this neat mod. I've been having fun just building and recreating places I like. Being able to use the POI lights would add so much to it!

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose I should post this here for everyone that's interested. Heard the author was under the weather, and went ahead and made this mod using Harmony instead of by directly editing the game DLL. I've tested on 19.3 stable, but it should work the same with the past several game versions.

7D2D.Mods.A19/POI Light Enabler at master · InnocuousChaos/7D2D.Mods.A19 (github.com)

On 12/24/2020 at 3:42 PM, InnocuousChaos said:

I suppose I should post this here for everyone that's interested. Heard the author was under the weather, and went ahead and made this mod using Harmony instead of by directly editing the game DLL. I've tested on 19.3 stable, but it should work the same with the past several game versions.

7D2D.Mods.A19/POI Light Enabler at master · InnocuousChaos/7D2D.Mods.A19 (github.com)

I couldn't get this to work. Any ideas why? It produces these errors in the log:

ERR Failed parsing C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/../Mods\POI Light Enabler/ModInfo.xml:
2021-01-02T04:34:16 6.616 EXC For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.
XmlException: For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.

On 1/2/2021 at 3:38 AM, DezDuzGaming said:

I couldn't get this to work. Any ideas why? It produces these errors in the log:

ERR Failed parsing C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/../Mods\POI Light Enabler/ModInfo.xml:
2021-01-02T04:34:16 6.616 EXC For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.
XmlException: For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.

Just seeing this. Should work if you just remove the first line of the ModInfo.xml, forgot to commit that change awhile back. I updated the repo, but you could also easily make that change to the version you already downloaded.

Thanks for letting me know.

On 1/5/2021 at 1:39 PM, InnocuousChaos said:

Just seeing this. Should work if you just remove the first line of the ModInfo.xml, forgot to commit that change awhile back. I updated the repo, but you could also easily make that change to the version you already downloaded.

Thanks for letting me know.

I'm new to this, so I'm not quite sure how to make this work.  I copied the files, and put them in a folder named POI Light Enabler, in the mods folder with the rest in a Harmony folder inside the POI folder like this: \Game Folder\Mods\POI Light Enabler\Harmony

It's in the mods folder... but for whatever reason... no functionality.

So obviously I'm missing something... anyone able to help?

I would prefer to enable this server-side if possible

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 6:06 PM, Joker9799 said:

I'm new to this, so I'm not quite sure how to make this work.  I copied the files, and put them in a folder named POI Light Enabler, in the mods folder with the rest in a Harmony folder inside the POI folder like this: \Game Folder\Mods\POI Light Enabler\Harmony

It's in the mods folder... but for whatever reason... no functionality.

So obviously I'm missing something... anyone able to help?

I would prefer to enable this server-side if possible

By googling "harmony", I guess it using DMT

now I still try it, hope this work

gambar.thumb.png.567860f587df3a16db37f2bff72dd302.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Guys I hope this will be updated.

I found another way which isn't the best but it makes it possible to have POI lights on. 

All you need is to use a tool found in creative menu  called block replacement tool. copy a working POI light and replace any block in your base with the copied light.

and hope you recover fast from covid.

17 hours ago, PianistQ8 said:

I found another way which isn't the best but it makes it possible to have POI lights on. 

All you need is to use a tool found in creative menu  called block replacement tool. copy a working POI light and replace any block in your base with the copied light.

Thank you for this information. At least I can have lights now without running wires everywhere. Glad you found this. It took me a few try's to figure out how to get it to work, but now it's working great.

Thanks again!