Xajar's Mod Collection

Xajar

After playing with xpath the past few weeks, I thought I would share some of the changes I've been making to my game. Most of this is geared towards mining, building, world spawns, damage control. But you could easily edit them to your needs.

All mods work with A17.1 B9.

xCrossHair

This is an extrenal app I made that draws a crosshair on the screen with options for size, thickness, color and a hotkey to toggle the display. This runs outside the game and does not alter any game files. Here is a link to the forum post with screen shots.

xCrossHair Forum Post

Xajar_Allow4thDigitCraftingQuantity v1.0

Allows a 4th digit to be entered into the crafting quantity input box.

Xajar_ArrowRecipes v1.05

Converts arrows/bolts.

Use polymer instead of feathers.

Xajar_BeakersFromMedicalPiles v1.1

Have a 5% chance to get a beaker from breaking the glass Medical Piles.

Xajar_BiggerStorage v1.0

Increases box storage from 72 slots to 100.

Increases 4x4 truck storage from to 90.

Xajar_BloodmoonToggle_CC v1.03

An easily configurable xml that can toggle Bloodmoon Horde on/off. When enabled, It uses Guppycur's Trickle Fix.

Xajar_BrassKnobFromDoors v1.0

The 2 doors with brass-looking knobs drop a brass knob.

Xajar_DamageControl v1.03

An easily configurable modlet to set all damage done to blocks and entities.

Xajar_DeathDebuffTimer v1.02

An easily configurable modlet to set the length of the death debuff timer to 10 minutes.

Xajar_EncumberedSpeedCap v1.03

Reduces the encumbered speed debuff by 50%.

Xajar_FasterNailgunAndHammer v1.03

A faster hammer/nailgun.

Xajar_FasterVehicleSpeed v1.03

An easily configurable modlet for setting all vehicle speeds. Currently set to double all vehicle speeds.

Xajar_FlagstoneFrames v1.02

A complete set of frames that upgrade to flagstone blocks (like the old cobblestone frames).

Xajar_GetBoxesBack v1.03

Get boxes back when breaking them.

Xajar_HaybaleFallDamage v1.01

Increases the safe falling distance of haybales.

Xajar_ItemTiers v1.01

Creates a tiered system making higher level tools, weapons, and armor better then lower tiers.

I credit Elucidus for this idea, I justed need some changes to better fit with my modlets.

Xajar_KillRewards v1.05

An easily configurable modlet for setting all quest/kill xp, animal/loot durations, and zombie loot percentage.

Xajar_MagazineSize v1.02

An easily configurable modlet for setting how much ammo each gun holds.

Xajar_MobilityTweaks v1.04

Creates 5 tiers of armor weight, instead of 2.

Xajar_ModTweaks v1.02

Increases the effectiveness of mining tool modifications Grave Digger, Bunker Buster, Wood Splitter, and Iron Breaker.

Xajar_MultiTool v1.05

Adds iron and steel multi-tools that can harvest wood, dirt, stone, metal, and meat.

Uses a built in tiered system that matches the ItemTiers modlet.

Xajar_NoLevelGatesAndOnePointPerks v1.01

Removes level gates and makes all skills cost 1 point.

Xajar_NoPowerSwingGrunts_CC v1.02

Removes those annoying power swing grunts.

Xajar_PerkTweaks v1.04

Increases the perk effects for melee/ranged headshots and harvesting (Boom! Headshot!, Skullcrusher, and Motherlode).

Xajar_ReducedStaminaLoss v1.04

Reduce run, jump, and swim stamina costs by 50%.

Xajar_RemoveChristmasContent_CC v1.02

Removes the Christmas holiday content.

Xajar_TraderDailyRestock v1.0

Makes the traders restock their items daily.

Xajar_VehicleSelling v1.02

An easily configurable modlet for enabling vehicle sales and optional prices.

Xajar_WanderingHordeSize v1.03

An easily configurable modlet for setting the size of wandering hordes.

Xajar_WaterRefill v1.03

Refill jars, cans, and buckets from sinks, bath tub, fridge with ice maker, water coolers, and toilets.

Xajar_WorkingOvenAndGrills v1.03

Adds an oven and 2 grills that function like campfires.

Xajar_WorldSpawning_CC v1.03

An easily configurable modlet for setting how many zombies spawn outside POIs. Also able to set the size of screamer hordes.

Xajar_ZombieSightRange v1.0

Limits the distant zombie see you from to 30 blocks.

Modlets that end with "_CC" stands for compatibility caution. These modlets remove or alter some xml nodes that may or may not interfere with other 3rd party modlets. All other modlets check for default values before changing data.

All modlets

Thanks, I'm enjoying myself playing around with xpath lately.

The headshot mod increases ranged headshot damage from "0.2, 1" to "0.50, 3" and the chance to burst heads from "0.05, 0.15" to "0.10, 0.30". If you open it in a text editor, you could easily enter whatever range you like. I could add optional melee headshot damage if that is what your looking for.

When you unzip the folder, all the folders that start with "Xajar_" get dropped into

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods.

If your new to XML take a look at https://www.w3schools.com/.

This sticky post explains how to use xpath to change the xml files.

Get yourself a good text editor like Notepad++, and take a look at xml files in the mods to see how things are done.

I had my doubts about that one myself, its a WIP as I try to strip those out. Thanks for the feed back, will look into it more.

I messed around with different codes trying to get that to work, including uisng the "set xpath" command to set the spawn percentage of the rubble buildings to 0, but was not able to make anything happen. It should absolutely be possible, but I was not able to get it working with my limited experience with xpath.. I do think that with the current rwgmixer layout, that you have to target each of the sections containing those buildings, like prefab_rule[@name=industrial_MpWasteBldgs] before inserting the contains(@name,'waste_').

I messed with it more tonight, and I'm just unable to remove prefab nodes, i can remove nodes in other xmls. This throws no errors but doesn't remove any nodes.

<remove xpath='/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name=residentialOldGroup]/prefab[@rule=oldResidential_abandoned_Burnt_Homes]'/>

<remove xpath='/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name=downtownGroup]/prefab[@name=mp_waste_bldg_governer_08]'/>

<remove xpath='/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name=industrialGroup]/prefab[@rule=industrial_MpWasteBldgs]'/>

<remove xpath='/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name=industrialGroup]/prefab[@rule=industrial_RubbleBldgs]'/>

<remove xpath='/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name=industrial_RubbleBldgs]'/>

<remove xpath='/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name=industrial_JunkyardsLots]'/>

Xajar_PerkTweaks v1.01

Doubles Headshot, SkullCrusher and Motherlode values.

Is the double headshot damage on by default or do you need to put points into skull crusher for that? Confused there since the descriptions of mother lode and skull crusher are the same?

You need to put points into the perks, and it doubles the default values of each level of the perk you buy.

What's double headshot then? Is it seperate than skullcrusher or is that the same thing since that's what the perk does?

Headshots is the name of the perk that increases ranged head damage.

SkullCrusher is the name of the perk that increases melee head damage.

I was thinking that your Arrow/Bolt Conversion modlet might need one wood added to the recipe. That way it feels right because the only thing you are changing is the shaft of the arrow. Plus people might think twice if they are low on wood.

EDIT - Spelling, I seem to have a problem whenever I type your, I forget to press the R key. :crushed:

I was thinking that your Arrow/Bolt Conversion modlet might need one wood added to the recipe. That way it feels right because the only thing you are changing is the shaft of the arrow. Plus people might think twice if they are low on wood.

EDIT - Spelling, I seem to have a problem whenever I type your, I forget to press the R key. :crushed:

Thanks for the feedback, I like that idea.

Archived