Do you take strength only for pack mule?

Limdood

Do you take strength only for pack mule?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take strength only for pack mule?

• For packmule but I wouldn't if encumbrance went away
    • For packmule but other perks as well. If encumbrance went away I'd still take strength.
    • Not for packmule. I perk into other benefits instead.
    • I don't put any points into strength.

I have points in in specifically for pack mule. I don't like to melee unless absolutely necessary.

I get strength for the pack mule and other mining / resource gathering perks.

They broke melee in this game a long time ago (years).

At one point the sledgehammer (old model) was arguably the most satisfying way to dispatch zombies in the game.

It was seriously fun and I would love taking on hordes with it.

But then they re-did all of the melee animations and the sledgehammer model itself.

Now there is no fun at all in melee.

Play a game like Vermintide 2, then try melee in 7DTD to understand why this games melee is so bad.

It is the worst aspect of this game by far.

I only kill zombies with range now.

Range is the most entertaining way to kill them now.

Especially the bows. They did a really good job with bow.

I say,

--- Do Away with Attributes ---

Rather than having "Strength" as a master category, w all those perks 'underneath' it, just have individual Perks.

Higher levels of a Perk are simply gated by their own lower lvl. Nothing else.

Sure it's 'intuitive' that if you're 'stronger' you can carry more stuff. But the whole 6000 Stone, etc. kinda puts paid to the realism bit.

Have Strength be a basic 'melee' gain. Helps w Light, Medium, Heavy melee weapons.

Intellect just Tier (quality) & crafting speed improvement.

Set the Forge Perk to be 4 points. Sure, buyable 10 minutes into game. Have fun :)

That would certainly open up 'specialization' right?

Embrace the Madness! I say :D

I can't really answer this fully.

I think you are asking if pack mule were separated from strength would you be spending points in strength still?

Thinking about it, I realized that the extra damage from strength sounds nice and pack mule is a must get for me so STR points are a no-brainer in my mind.

I haven't played without those extra strength points to know if my damage will decrease to where it makes me uncomfortable. If it did not and and fighting still felt the same way, I'd probably only spend points on Pack Mule and allocate the STR points elsewhere.

Resource gathering is a core part of the game. How can you not go into strength for increased block damage, improved stamina, and increased resources? I would bet that people perking strength just for pack mule are the exception and not the rule.

Because if this would be not "7 Days without Stamina" i would like to skill my Weapons.

Very sensefull if you want to level

Sadly i feel forced to spend my points in Movement and transportation

I do strength as I am mainly using my machete all the time and need the stuff for gathering as well.Personally I plan not to max out pack mule as just farming the trader/book stores/high lv POIs for triple pocket mods is my idea to max out storage.

I usually only hit Pack Mule once while under level 20 if playing solo. There are other things that are more important. I tend to establish regular paths, so along those paths, I keep little tower "beacons" with chests. If I return along these paths and I have extra room, I'll gradually move items closer to home. Most things I know I will need, so I do wish to keep them... but I do not need them immediately, so it doesn't really matter if I have them at home. Food, drink, ammo, and all of the lowest level resources I tend to bring right home.

I suppose I could mark them on the map if needed, but I typically don't. It really isn't necessary once you know your surrounding areas.

Here's an idea a lot of people will hate - do away with Pack Mule, and instead unlock one additional inventory slot every 5 player levels. You'd eventually be maxed out at level 135, but after about level 75 you'd hardly care because encumbrance would affect you less and less.

Oh, that's OK. I once gave myself 80 points for the starter quest!

My reasoning was:

1) I'm naked, but still alive in a zombie apocalypse... I must be a badass, I just don't remember.

2) I'm the star of the show, so I can do whatever I want. :D

What 80 points gave me was tier 3 on quite a few perks and tier 4 on some intelligence stuff. Strong but not too... OK! You kick some butt, but with no equipment you are not invincible.

Here's an idea a lot of people will hate - do away with Pack Mule, and instead unlock one additional inventory slot every 5 player levels. You'd eventually be maxed out at level 135, but after about level 75 you'd hardly care because encumbrance would affect you less and less.

I still like how Mist Survival does it, finding additional backpacks in the world to unlock storage space. I would want it RNG based though instead of the static locations like Mist does.

I always go with option 3. I don't bother getting pack mule.

I always go heavy on melle and things to help melle like sexy rex, skull crusher so I tend to invest alot on strength.

The encumbrance isn't horrible and I'm good at inventory management. Drop off chests help alot and I only take back to base ammo or better quality armor, tools, weapons or health items. Other things I take back are resources that can actually be used according to what perks I have unlocked. I can see pack mule being more a MP thing but for solo i find it useless.

I always go with option 3. I don't bother getting pack mule.

I always go heavy on melle and things to help melle like sexy rex, skull crusher so I tend to invest alot on strength.

The encumbrance isn't horrible and I'm good at inventory management. Drop off chests help alot and I only take back to base ammo or better quality armor, tools, weapons or health items. Other things I take back are resources that can actually be used according to what perks I have unlocked. I can see pack mule being more a MP thing but for solo i find it useless.

Its mandatory for multiplayer, you need to be able to make your scavenging runs efficient and worthwhile.

I still find myself in need of it for single player also but that's probably because I absolutely hate the encumbrance system the way it is right now as well as running for 4 seconds and I already need to rest.

(No im not running while encumbered)

I take it for Pack Mule and Salvage Operations.

Because somehow, even though I'm the Int member in my group and therefore the science/trap girl, I still have to dip into strength to know how to get the most components out of stuff I'm taking apart...? For reasons?

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't make any sense. You're strong enough to make a car, instead of smart enough? You're strong enough to make a chem station instead of smart?

So someone with super IQ and no strength is going to build a forge? No, a strong person of normal intelligence can do that. Other RPGs figured that out long ago and put crafting such as blacksmithing under STR. I work with really high IQ people that can't change a battery. Chem station? Yeah maybe, but still takes strength to saw the wood, move the barrel. Many not so smart people have made a moonshine distiller. High STR and average INT can do a lot, a really smart weakling, not so much.

So someone with super IQ and no strength is going to build a forge? No, a strong person of normal intelligence can do that. Other RPGs figured that out long ago and put crafting such as blacksmithing under STR. I work with really high IQ people that can't change a battery. Chem station? Yeah maybe, but still takes strength to saw the wood, move the barrel. Many not so smart people have made a moonshine distiller. High STR and average INT can do a lot, a really smart weakling, not so much.

This sounds like the plot of a Reality TV Show doesn't it?

I'd love to watch that.

SURVIVOR - Special Edition:

Geeks vs Meat Heads

Nah, I like miner 69'er and mother lode as well - it makes breaking stuff/mining much quicker and rewarding.

Agil is the attribute for me where I only go for one skill, at least early, and that's hidden strike. Some of the others are more "nice to have" for me like parkour and other stealth skills.

Archived