REV6:7-8's ADMIN SKILL POINTS

rev678

pleasedont.jpg.0cd4b59bac740a3836101b2e67d484f5.jpg

If you need modlet support for any of my modlets, please contact me in the forums only.

I do have a life outside of modding for 7DTD, so prefer to limit my non-7DTD communications to people I know personally.

Thanks!

REV6:7-8

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

FOR THE RECORD...

I really don't like the new forum/board layout. So apologies in advance if you post here and I'm not as quick to respond.

Please rest assured that I'm still involved with 7DTD and actively supporting my modlet packages.

I just don't find the notification controls as straightforward for me, as a content creator, to quickly monitor the threads about my products (like this one) for new activity.

Hope this clarifies,

Something changed/broke with inline attachments, so please download this modlet package by using the URL located at the bottom of the original post, in the Attached Files section.

Hope this helps, and cheers!

• 3 months later...
On 6/30/2020 at 9:04 AM, rev678 said:

FYI...

I'm having issues getting the experimental release to even launch on my Mac, so I'll only be updating this modlet after the first Stable release of Alpha 19.

Hope this clarifies,

Hi just a heads up I tried the admin skill points mod for a119 b157 and it worked with no errors.  :)

17 minutes ago, Zyamaia said:

Hi just a heads up I tried the admin skill points mod for a119 b157 and it worked with no errors.  :)

Thanks @Zyamaia for the update.

I've managed to get Alpha 19 working on my Mac again (bypassing the Launcher), so will be releasing an  update to the AMIN SKILL POINTS modlet when Alpha 19 Stable is released.

- TFP revamped  the Skills/Perks system, so 279 skill points are all that are needed to fully "max out" all of the various perks.

- I'll be removing the unnecessary Admin Skill Points 500 item and its corresponding quest.

- I'll be renaming the Admin Skill Points 304 item to 279,  and adjusting its corresponding quest to give 279 skill points.

Hope this helps,

The latest version of this modlet is fully compatible with and has successfully passed testing for the latest STABLE version of 7DTD, Alpha 19.0 b180 Stable.

1. Per my previous message, Admin Skill Points 279 is now the highest item and corresponding quest.

2. Updated the extended version number within the modlet (which is visible in the console output as the modlet loads), to help users know at a glance which version(s) they have installed.

3. Updated the System Requirements/Fine Print section of the original post.

4. Renamed the attached zip file in the original post, corresponding to the version of 7DTD this modlet requires.

The latest version of this modlet is fully compatible with and has successfully passed testing for the latest STABLE version of 7DTD, Alpha 19.1 b8 Stable.

1. Admin Skill Points 279 is now the highest item and corresponding quest.

2. Updated the extended version number within the modlet (which is visible in the console output as the modlet loads), to help users know at a glance which version(s) they have installed.

4. Renamed the attached zip file in the original post, corresponding to the version of 7DTD this modlet requires.

The latest version of this modlet is fully compatible with and has successfully passed testing for the latest STABLE version of 7DTD, Alpha 19.3 b6 Stable.

1. Per my previous messages, Admin Skill Points 279 is now the highest item and corresponding quest.

The latest version of this modlet is fully compatible with and has successfully passed testing for the latest STABLE version of 7DTD, Alpha 19.4 B7 Stable.

1. Per my previous messages, Admin Skill Points 279 is currently the highest item and corresponding quest.

4. Updated the target of the Download this zip file hyperlink under the Installation section of the original post.

Edited by rev678
HYPERLINKED DOWNLOAD LINK IN THIS POST FOR CONVENIENCE (see edit history)

The latest version of this modlet is fully compatible with and has successfully passed testing for the latest STABLE version of 7DTD, Alpha 19.5 (b60) Stable.

1. Updated the extended version number within the modlet (which is visible in the console output as the modlet loads), to help users know at a glance which version(s) they have installed.

2. Updated the System Requirements/Fine Print section of the original post.

3.Updated the link to the  zip file in the original post.

The latest version of this modlet is fully compatible with and has successfully passed testing for the latest STABLE version of 7DTD, Alpha 19.6 (b8) Stable.

1. Updated the extended version number within the modlet (which is visible in the console output as the modlet loads), to help users know at a glance which version(s) they have installed.

2. Updated the System Requirements/Fine Print section of the original post.

3.Updated the link to the  zip file in the original post.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there. Testing out the mod & it does not appear to work for me. Tried restarting and re-installing. Also, removed all other mods from the mods folder. Tried with new and existing game. I'm guessing the issue is still on my end and will keep investigating. Keep up the good work!

spacer.png

On 8/24/2021 at 10:07 PM, 7DaySonney said:

I figured it out - all good!

That's why I learned early in my IT career not to call users back right after they leave a message. Most end users are capable of figuring it out, if they put in the effort. And I was confident in both my release testing and the accompanying installation instructions I provided.

Glad it's working for you now.

Cheers!

On 8/25/2021 at 11:01 PM, rev678 said:

Indeed! In my case, it was simply Steam not respecting where I wanted the game installed, and so it ended up being on a completely different drive. Took a minute to realize that I was installing the mod to a place that would never matter! Again, keep up the good work - love your QOL mods.

On 8/25/2021 at 11:01 PM, rev678 said:

@7DaySonney,

Thanks for your comments, and for being willing to do some troubleshooting of your specific setup.

I try to make things work for the lowest common denominator, which generally works on the premise that many (most?) people tend to install in default locations.

Given that, it's not always possible to predict and instruct  for other scenarios.

Cheers!

REV 6:7-8