Help with rwgmixer.xml - Adding a trader.

Grinch843

I'am playing around with the rwgmixer.xml and trying to add a trader to the Commercial and Industrial areas, but I can't seem to get it to work, here are the edit's I'am adding. They appear to be loading with no errors and they show up in the rwgmixer.xml when I do an exportcurrentconfigs command, but I never get the trader in either area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<append xpath="/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name='commercialGroup']">
<prefab rule="traderGroup" min_count="1" max_count="2" prob="1"/>
</append>

<append xpath="/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name='industrialGroup']">
</append>

Thanks.

I'am playing around with the rwgmixer.xml and trying to add a trader to the Commercial and Industrial areas, but I can't seem to get it to work, here are the edit's I'am adding. They appear to be loading with no errors and they show up in the rwgmixer.xml when I do an exportcurrentconfigs command, but I never get the trader in either area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<append xpath="/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name='commercialGroup']">
</append>

<append xpath="/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name='industrialGroup']">
</append>

Thanks.

Game Seed Name plays a large factor in RWG - also check the xml files for the prefabs for the traders, check the zoning property they should be set to any for zoning

You'll also need to adjust the prefabs in the prefab folder, so it can be allowed in the hubs.

Look for the:

<property name="Zoning" value="any" />

so:

<property name="Zoning" value="any,Commercial,industrial" />

I've always found the "any" value doesn't work, like you would think it should. So, I always make it specific to what zones I want prefabs in.

I don't know if they fixed it or not but you might need to change:

<property name="TraderArea" value="True" />

<property name="TraderAreaProtect" value="20,0,20" />

<property name="TraderAreaTeleportSize" value="36, 20, 36" />

<property name="TraderAreaTeleportCenter" value="1, 1, 1" />

and just comment those lines out, but at the cost of the traders not having a protected zone. I would try it first without commenting those out, because it may have been fixed.

The prefabs in question that'll you'll need to look for is :Settlement_trader_01, _02,_03, etc,.

Archived