Christmas stuff...

mr.devolver

Christmas items: Santa hat, candy cane club and candy cane shiv to loot

Dear developers. Thanks for giving us a chance to wear Santa hat again! I remember when you did it the last time and it was awesome and this time we even got a bonus, I'm currently downloading this new build and candy cane club and candy cane shiv sound like perfect fit for Christmas mood! 😉 Any chance for us to decorate our winter base with Christmas tree? That would be awesome along with Santa hat, candy cane club and candy cane shiv! I love the cold snow biome for this part of a year and I was wondering what would really boost that Christmas mood and I think Christmas tree would make a good addition to our bases!

In Alpha 16.4, there was that mod where the whole map was a giant snow biome and it had Christmas trees! I never played it, but I think those Christmas trees would fit perfectly in Alpha 17 too, but I think the Christmas tree was actually added as a new 3d object by the mod, so I guess there's no way for us to simply get it through cheat menu. 🤔

I'm probably less poetic but I dearly wish for the opposite. Keep nonsensical Christmas junk out of the game. Why would I want a candy cane shiv? I don't mind the Christmas tree (and would probably use it myself if I can find or buy it) but seriously, santa hats? Decorated every single *** tree in snow biome? Not my cup of tea, sorry.

For keeping the Christmas mood and even beyond, why not allow us to wrap anyting in a sheet of paper and some duct tape = wrapped present you have to open. Much nicer than "here, have the pickaxe you were asking for."

I'm probably less poetic but I dearly wish for the opposite. Keep nonsensical Christmas junk out of the game. Why would I want a candy cane shiv? I don't mind the Christmas tree (and would probably use it myself if I can find or buy it) but seriously, santa hats? Decorated every single *** tree in snow biome? Not my cup of tea, sorry.

For keeping the Christmas mood and even beyond, why not allow us to wrap anyting in a sheet of paper and some duct tape = wrapped present you have to open. Much nicer than "here, have the pickaxe you were asking for."

bah humbug, I enjoyed my candy cane club and santa hat yesterday :)

While I do agree that turning all the trees in Snow biome into a Christmas tree would be an overkill simply because sometimes less is more (but I still wish we could turn a tree into a Christmas tree or buy one that's already decorated), and I certainly like the idea of being able to give someone a gift in game, I have to disagree about the rest. I like Christmas stuff like Santa hat, candy cane shiv and club, I still have to find them. Sure I could cheat them in, but that would take the fun away!

The fact that it's a real thing makes me shiver a bit....

candycaneshiv-black-750x750.jpg

-Morloc

You didn't make your candy cane into a shiv and try to stab your siblings with it? I thought that was the whole point of candy canes. :confusion:

Oh, and we forgot stockings to hang over the campfire.

Archived