B231: Block damages and stamina cost rebalanced

Baycee

I'm not even gonna bother with the respectful disagreement at this point. When me and my buddy play for 3 hours on b233 last night and constantly joke about being out of stamina while gathering... how do you think this makes me perceive your comment?

So, here is my "context"

Level 7, STR 2, 1 rank of miner69'er, no T-rex, 69% water.

Time to out of Stamina from 99/100 vs. boulder with stone axe: 29 swings or 493 of the boulder's 1200 cumulative HP.

Level 7, STR 2, 1 rank of miner69'er, no T-rex, 100% water (with 9% overflow)

Time to out of Stamina from 99/100 vs. boulder with stone axe: 31 swings or 527 of the boulder's 1200 cumulative HP.

I played last night for several hours as well and never ran out of stamina while I was collecting resources as I stated. Unless you are stride sprinting circles around the object you are collecting from I don't understand how you are out of stamina. The only thing I can see is if you are constantly using power attacks which after 3 swings will usually deplete your stamina completely, or maybe using steel tools (which I haven't tested).

Iron Fire Axe, Iron Pick Axe, and Stone Axe all will not cause you to completely run out of endo if you use basic attacks.

I played last night for several hours as well and never ran out of stamina while I was collecting resources as I stated. Unless you are stride sprinting circles around the object you are collecting from I don't understand how you are out of stamina. The only thing I can see is if you are constantly using power attacks which after 3 swings will usually deplete your stamina completely, or maybe using steel tools (which I haven't tested).

Iron Fire Axe, Iron Pick Axe, and Stone Axe all will not cause you to completely run out of endo if you use basic attacks.

I started from full stamina, stood still, and RAN OUT before I even got through a single boulder using a stone axe which does NOT have a power attack option. This is easily repeatable by anyone starting a new game, making a stone axe, and hitting a boulder.

Latest build is only marginally better for stamina/food than the previous build, to the extent that I had to choose 1 of 3 options.

1. stop playing.

2. go back to A16.4

3. Install a modlet.

I chose to try a modlet which puts stamina/food back to where it was. The last two patches has been absolutely dreadful and I really hope that this is not where it will stay now, because it is zero fun.

This is a pretty important piece of context to leave out.

The food and water degradation seem to be fully implemented on the server so I assumed the stamina draining would be in line with the update as well. I haven't tested a normal game yet since I am a pvp junkie, but the stamina drain on sprinting and resource collection are worse compared to the last update so once again I assumed it is fully implemented. It is very noticeable how much and often I need to eat and drink now, which is fine, it makes slow metabolism a useful perk to consider which is should be.

I will have to test it further but assuming it is true that in a regular game you run out of stamina after a few swings using basic attacks on a stone axe than I can agree that it is a huge nerf and is not good for the game. The stone axe at least should be able to get a few dozen swings in without resting assuming you are 100% water / food.

The stone axe at least should be able to get a few dozen swings in without resting assuming you are 100% water / food.

31 swings actually. However, that's not enough to take down a single boulder as noted in my previous post. I didn't test it on trees which it might be more efficient at.

31 swings actually. However, that's not enough to take down a single boulder as noted in my previous post. I didn't test it on trees which it might be more efficient at.

and keep in mind that if you arent eating lots of yummy food, you're constantly being soft capped on stamina the more you swing that axe!

and keep in mind that if you arent eating lots of yummy food, you're constantly being soft capped on stamina the more you swing that axe!

that was with 99/100 stamina. However, for some reason in this build I can't get to 100/100 even when at 100%+ food and water.

Archived