B231: Block damages and stamina cost rebalanced

Baycee

If anyone is curios to know what this change is, i will tell you:

Nerfed Block dmg perk by 10% (down to 20% from 30% per level). I am not sure if there is an additional nerf somewhere but i was droing 46 dmg with my stone axe and now i'm doing 32.

Stamina refresh is also down 30-35%. It used to tick by 5 per second or so and now it goes 434343.

Wait for stable before when some of the core balancing and changes have been firmed up.

They are testing stuff and looking for feedback, taking one small thing you dislike and inflating it into wanting to quit the game is over dramatic when you compare it to the absolutely massive improvement of under the hood features and possibilities alone. Add on all the new content and the game is in a good spot, just needs some trimming on the rough edges.

Let me clarify. I'm not threatening to quit or anything. But i'm a builder and that's what i enjoyed most in A15 and A16, to build. This approach got sort of nuked with the current aspect of specialization on a certain tree (which is kind of bad for my SP experience) and the focus on zombie fighting (which i understand, but my fun was from building bases and defending them).

Right now the game is tedious for me to play on that side, even when i smartly invest in stamina perks and miner69 to grind materials. That's my gripe. I don't want Fun Pimps to change a thing if they don't want to. I'm just giving them feedback because tonight i wanted to grind a couple thousand stone and dirt to finish the upper floor of my base in cobblestone but i gave up after 15 minutes because something was off. Then i ran the numbers and paid attention to stamina regen and damage, and hence my conclusions.

Let me clarify. I'm not threatening to quit or anything. But i'm a builder and that's what i enjoyed most in A15 and A16, to build. This approach got sort of nuked with the current aspect of specialization on a certain tree (which is kind of bad for my SP experience) and the focus on zombie fighting (which i understand, but my fun was from building bases and defending them).

Right now the game is tedious for me to play on that side, even when i smartly invest in stamina perks and miner69 to grind materials. That's my gripe. I don't want Fun Pimps to change a thing if they don't want to. I'm just giving them feedback because tonight i wanted to grind a couple thousand stone and dirt to finish the upper floor of my base in cobblestone but i gave up after 15 minutes because something was off. Then i ran the numbers and paid attention to stamina regen and damage, and hence my conclusions.

Agree b225 rebalancing was right on spot regarding tools and block damage and should be kept especially with new skill points system with many more points needed for basic skills.

Never liked that grindy w8ing for stamina regen and sitting around. Not fun and TFP should switch back to previous version - there was no need for balancing in the first place since the last version.

Wait for stable before when some of the core balancing and changes have been firmed up.

Since day 1 and the very first build i say that stamina is a issue.

For what shall we wait, they want this painfull startgame, so screw it.

For our luck we can mod it, if this version ever come to console they will burn the forum down

For me it means only that i need to make a own server or play something else

Since day 1 and the very first build i say that stamina is a issue.

For what shall we wait, they want this painfull startgame, so screw it.

For our luck we can mod it, if this version ever come to console they will burn the forum down

For me it means only that i need to make a own server or play something else

In the current build if you use regular attacks and not power attacks you will never run out of stamina while collecting resources now.

The running is annoying and I can understand that, but from a leveling / progression point of view, everyone sucks pretty hard at cardio if you haven't been actively training it, and the longer you train the better you get at it... so working as intended?

EDIT: I've also seen you make several posts about how much you hate a17 and that you are going to quit... back already?

Considering the day 1 experience I just had with b231, I will respectfully disagree on the validity of this statement.

Post some context then and the cases in which it isn't accurate, I haven't tested the costs this patch yet since I'm still screwing around at the office right now, but as of last night on the old patch I have 0 issues with farming resources at an early level with basic attacks.

I'm liking this really difficult start!

Reminds me a little of "The Forest".

Tough to get going.... but eventually you get there.

Sorry I know that's not what a lot of people like but I'm a bit older than most and I don't mind earning my stuff the hard way.

In fact I sometimes find it fun.

That's not to say I support the current harvesting/mining system.

It "plays" slow. I don't care how many resources I get, I just want the perception that I'm doing something.

Right now that's gotten pretty bad and it's getting worse.

Other than that..... I'm good with what they've done.

EDIT: I've also seen you make several posts about how much you hate a17 and that you are going to quit... back already?

Not one, have fun to find one to quote it.

Only post in that direction said "No more unmodded feedback"

And this moment guess what i do. A small hint it has someting to do with Notepad++

- - - Updated - - -

I'm liking this really difficult start!....

Difficulty = Still Zero

Annoyance = 101%

Doing things in slow motion with forced breaks make them not a greater challenge

Post some context then and the cases in which it isn't accurate, I haven't tested the costs this patch yet since I'm still screwing around at the office right now, but as of last night on the old patch I have 0 issues with farming resources at an early level with basic attacks.

Please, get home and play first, then comment. In the current iteration, with 2 points in Sex Rex, you can't mine/cut trees/shove forever. You will run out of stamina in about 10 hits.

Edit: i didn't want to be patronizing. Indeed, yesterday i was able to farm with iron tools just fine. Not today, hence my post.

They are testing stuff and looking for feedback, taking one small thing you dislike and inflating it into wanting to quit the game is over dramatic when you compare it to the absolutely massive improvement of under the hood features and possibilities alone. Add on all the new content and the game is in a good spot, just needs some trimming on the rough edges.

I feel people forget this is still in Alpha because so much time has passed and they see it released for consoles quite some time ago now... Basically, people forget that things are not even really fine tuned right now.

People are posting their most current experience with the patch. You're arguing against them based off your experience from the previous patch.

Does that even gel?

There's been changes with the most recent patch concerning stamina and food consumption, might wanna try it out and get a more relevant experience before trying to talk them down from their opinions.

I'm kinda neutral on this matter, but would rather see fruitful perspectives from these threads.

For b231, that I updated to a few hours ago, I was running out of stamina repeatedly (while suffering drastic stamina reduction due to food) while doing basic attack harvesting on boulders, dirt, and trees with no perks spent on stamina reduction or increased block damage. This was on a brand new character in a new game. No mods, no perks, no upgraded tools. Just a stone ax.

Now, your statement was true for me in b221 with perks and mods that normal harvesting was a sum zero with regeneration.

If you restarted your game and had no issues after spending perks, then that should have been included in your statement as relevant information instead of calling me out for my respectful disagreement.

Also, context was in my orginal post...

Context Clue #1: Day 1

Context Clue #2: B231

Context Clue #3: Posting in a thread about B231 block damage and stamina costs

Oh, also: Fun Pimps, it's your game. I payed 10 Euro for it and i have almost 2k hours on it. I had my fun. You don't owe me anything. But you're making this game so tedious that i am seriously not having fun anymore.

I have to agree with everything in the comment above.

Add another usually quiet player with only about 1350 hours in the game to the OP in agreement. Time for me to step away from experimental and just see how things play out. Lately each game update makes me cringe at the possible nerfs implemented. Use to be extremely excited for each and every patch in previous versions. The changes in skill points is a major jump backwards adding too much grinding. My biggest complaint is all this nerfing to the player progression trying to prolong the players experience, while at the same time no changes to the crazy leveling of game stage. Honestly from a game play perspective I think B221 was getting closer to just right with terms of balance of tools, skills, etc.

But at last, as the OP mentioned I also am in no position to demand changes. You owe me nothing either. I have more than gotten my money's worth and more out of 7D2D. This is FP's game design and I respect their choice of implementation.

Add another usually quiet player with only about 1350 hours in the game to the OP in agreement. Time for me to step away from experimental and just see how things play out. Lately each game update makes me cringe at the possible nerfs implemented. Use to be extremely excited for each and every patch in previous versions. The changes in skill points is a major jump backwards adding too much grinding. My biggest complaint is all this nerfing to the player progression trying to prolong the players experience, while at the same time no changes to the crazy leveling of game stage. Honestly from a game play perspective I think B221 was getting closer to just right with terms of balance of tools, skills, etc.

But at last, as the OP mentioned I also am in no position to demand changes. You owe me nothing either. I have more than gotten my money's worth and more out of 7D2D. This is FP's game design and I respect their choice of implementation.

Im with you on this all the way. Many more hours than you, and loved every minute of it, will wait and see where it ends but.....

Seems like every patch they just screw the stamina over, really not enjoying the latest update at all. Can't even make it till noon first day and already big ding to stamina due to food and water. And no I was not running and mining or chopping wood like a fiend just walking and picking up stuff like rocks on the way to trader not burdened. The fp need to really thing about these changes rather than just throwing out something new to appease the masses. Which doesn't seem to work just makes the game less and less enjoyable. Oh and just lay off you cheerleaders, you know who you all are. Seriously read the forums and there are those that don't realize we all are entitled to state how we find the changes in game are affecting game play and not just go kiss, kiss for every change.

I tested it last night with a pick, axe, and stone axe at level 1 and never ran out of stamina using basic attacks to mine resources... so I can confirm that I have never run out of endo farming for resources even at level 1 with 0 perks spent.

I'm not even gonna bother with the respectful disagreement at this point. When me and my buddy play for 3 hours on b233 last night and constantly joke about being out of stamina while gathering... how do you think this makes me perceive your comment?

So, here is my "context"

Level 7, STR 2, 1 rank of miner69'er, no T-rex, 69% water.

Time to out of Stamina from 99/100 vs. boulder with stone axe: 29 swings or 493 of the boulder's 1200 cumulative HP.

Level 7, STR 2, 1 rank of miner69'er, no T-rex, 100% water (with 9% overflow)

Time to out of Stamina from 99/100 vs. boulder with stone axe: 31 swings or 527 of the boulder's 1200 cumulative HP.

Archived