Question : Scrapping

willcheat

Hi everyone, quick question :

In what file is the scrapping result of an item declared? I'd like to make so scrapping bolts/arrows gives the arrow heads (for iron and steel). So far I guess that scrapping returns the item's material, but that would make it annoying, since there isn't an arrowhead material.

Also if that's the case, how does the game know how much material to give back? I don't see any scrapping value in the items.xml

Thanks in advance!

@willcheat-

If thats all you want to do it would be way way easier to just add a recipe that crafts the arrows/bolts into the desired head. Problem solved no big xml changes. To set it up properly would take a good bit of work, its completely doable but is much more involved than just a simple edit or recipe addition

To make a new scrapable material-

You would need to make a material for it, a scraping recipe, the base item that everything would scrap to and set up how much everything weighs. Also correcting any material calls on arrows, bolts and heads and adjusting their weights.

Note if no weight is listed it pulls its weight from the first item in its recipe list

@willcheat-

If thats all you want to do it would be way way easier to just add a recipe that crafts the arrows/bolts into the desired head. Problem solved no big xml changes. To set it up properly would take a good bit of work, its completely doable but is much more involved than just a simple edit or recipe addition

To make a new scrapable material-

You would need to make a material for it, a scraping recipe, the base item that everything would scrap to and set up how much everything weighs. Also correcting any material calls on arrows, bolts and heads and adjusting their weights.

Note if no weight is listed it pulls its weight from the first item in its recipe list

First, thank you a lot for answering my question :). That said, I've checked in recipes.xml and, while I do see crafting recipes, I do not see any scrapping recipes. Are those elsewhere?

Or is scrapping only returning the item's material. In which case, let's say I make a new MironArrowHead material, how can I connect that material in materials.xml to the actual ressourceArrowHeadIron in items.xml? Because right now I have no clue how the game knows that material X translates to item Y.

I'm not sure if we are misunderstanding your end goal. What I understood is that your wanting to scrap arrows and get in return 1 iron or steel arrow head. If that is the goal then simply create a dismantle recipe that will result if you want 1 iron/steel arrow head. Then you can simply scrap the arrow head in your backpack or stick it in the forge which should give you more iron back. If I am missing the point here, then my apologies.

I'm not sure if we are misunderstanding your end goal. What I understood is that your wanting to scrap arrows and get in return 1 iron or steel arrow head. If that is the goal then simply create a dismantle recipe that will result if you want 1 iron/steel arrow head.

My question is "how do you create a dismantle recipe?". All recipes in recipes.xml are for crafting something, I don't see any dismantling examples in it. Are they in another xml file?

First forget off, forget the term dismantle, that's just a term i used that isn't part of the game persay . Create a recipe that requires a steel or iron arrow as the ingredient and have it give you the iron arrow head as the result. Something like this, although i probably did wrong...

<recipe name="resourceArrowHeadIron" count="1">

<ingredient name="ammoArrowIron" count="1">

</recipe>

First, thank you a lot for answering my question :). That said, I've checked in recipes.xml and, while I do see crafting recipes, I do not see any scrapping recipes. Are those elsewhere?

Or is scrapping only returning the item's material. In which case, let's say I make a new MironArrowHead material, how can I connect that material in materials.xml to the actual ressourceArrowHeadIron in items.xml? Because right now I have no clue how the game knows that material X translates to item Y.

the beginning entries of recipes.xml are the scrapable items "scrap and forge-emptying recipes". You will also need to add a new entry in materials.xml and finally you need to assign your new material to the arrows in items.xml. You may also need to alter the arrowheads :-)

the beginning entries of recipes.xml are the scrapable items "scrap and forge-emptying recipes". You will also need to add a new entry in materials.xml and finally you need to assign your new material to the arrows in items.xml. You may also need to alter the arrowheads :-)

Hooooly molly, how'd I miss that? Thank you so much :D!

Archived