New cost of the attributes (spoiler!!!)

SittingDuck

It means MP can specialize better than ever before, and a dedicated intelligence and a dedicated strength (gatherer) person will be invaluable for any MP team. Its effect on MP will be fantastic, and let people play specialized roles better than ever before, while still making low level dipping into other stuff easy and relatively painless.

It's effect on SP will be pretty severe. You won't be FORCED into a jack-of-all trades style, but you'll be giving up some SERIOUS QoL perks (like better loot, running/jumping, better vehicles/tools, carrying capacity, efficient self-healing, efficient gathering, and more) if you want to specialize. The ALMOST-required jack-of-all-trades means the top levels of ANY perk will be out of reach until the absolute extreme levels.

It's a concerning trend towards ignoring, or at least discounting SP concerns in favor of MP...similar to how Gazz's go-to answer for complaints about block damage and hordes tearing thru bases was to comment on how he watched youtube TEAMS of players successfully defending on top difficulty levels...which really had no bearing on the SP complaints that were being made.

Word, I'm curious why they have not put in an old diablo 2-style difficulty where they get stronger or weaker based on the number of players in the game.

I normally play solo and sometimes 2-player co-op. if they removed the level cap, then it shouldn't matter about points, though

I do appreciate a progression that has more milestones than capable —> very capable —> Superman.

I love that kind of progression, in games, books and movies.

But like explained in other threads, that doesnt apply to QoL things, like carrying stuff, beeing able to craft things, beeing stamina starved all the time, needing to eat each 5 min....

To combat? Sure.

I love that kind of progression, in games, books and movies.

But like explained in other threads, that doesnt apply to QoL things, like carrying stuff, beeing able to craft things, beeing stamina starved all the time, needing to eat each 5 min....

To combat? Sure.

TBH I think the game as it is now strikes a pretty decent balance at limiting QoL stuff without being too much of a burden. There is a fine balance in those things, limit too much and it's a chore, give too much, and one's a Supermen, but the biggest problem is that the border is different for everyone.

I do admit I have been away from the game for a while, but coming back just a few days ago I cannot say I find the balance way off. Sure I have to choose what I carry back to my base from looting trips, I have to scrape most stuff and maybe suffer a bit of a penalty in the gains, I have to be careful with stamina management in fights and can't just do everything I want. But on the other hand, even on day 8 (~ level 14, SP), I can craft forged iron to repair my looted tools, have enough guns and ammo for sporadic use, can do decent length activities with relatively short pauses, and with bacon and eggs I really don't find the eating frequency needing any improvement. And I see a way forward to progressing past the things I find most limiting. Sure I wont be superman by end of week 2 by focusing on a single tree, but I will eliminate most I find as a bottleneck.

Bottom line is, while I do see how SP is gimped and would love to see ways to progress a bit faster (not getting xp from spike kills would be my first objection) and I'd love to see implemented some of the suggestions that would help the crafter/builder progress easier in SP, I can say that overall I am enjoying the changes.

I do appreciate a progression that has more milestones than capable —> very capable —> Superman.

If I’m the only one then I’m fine with making the starter quest give 20 points so you guys can start out at nonboring nongrindy capable level and I’ll mod it back to 4 points so I can experience the whole progression since it isn’t boring for me. I’m a giver like that. :)

Why are the fun pimps an all or nothing kind of group. 20 skills points starter quest is crazy lol. Just 1 point extra every 2 or 3 lvls would be good. Or add skill point books, ya know to encourage exploration. Or skill points to certain quest rewards, ya know to make quests useful.

Archived