Arrows, Bolts, Feathers.

FranticDan

Well I am fairly hardcore, I destroy every birdnest I loot (no respawn) and that usually gives me an extra 2-3 feathers. I now have over 6000 feathers just sitting in it's own box!

I think for a rebalance, the archery perk could reduce the chances the arrows break by 10%-15% per rank

With being able to retrieve most of your arrows now, I feel it would be more balanced if each arrow and bolt cost 3 feathers to craft. My ammo box is a third full of feathers with 100% loot, day 27.

Not enough data to justify the increase to feathers in making arrows/bolts. You don't mention if you're on SP/MP. You don't mention the difficulty level, what level you are, etc.

MP games will use up more feathers to make ammunition. Higher levels of difficulty will require more arrows/bolts to kill enemies. If you're level 100+ you're more likely to be at end game and have access to higher damage weapons like firearms, turrets, traps, spiked club, etc. At that point you won't need arrows/bolts so you'll accumulate a lot more feathers. Also vultures drop feathers when you harvest them so your count is not an accurate count, unless you do not harvest vulture corpses at all.

Well I am fairly hardcore, I destroy every birdnest I loot (no respawn) and that usually gives me an extra 2-3 feathers. I now have over 6000 feathers just sitting in it's own box!

I think for a rebalance, the archery perk could reduce the chances the arrows break by 10%-15% per rank

The number of feathers you get in birdnests is random so I think it's ok for now. If you always get 15+ for each birdsnest then I see an argument for nerfing feathers but I think birdnests are fine just the way they are.

If you're complaining about finding too many feathers just don't collect them. Or just pick them up and drop them and let them disappear from the world.

Yea, just ditch excess feathers because I go through sometimes 30+ arrows to hit a stupid snake since I always get jump scared by a snake anywhere in any game or in life so my aim is really bad and I never have too many feathers.

I always stay miles away from it and snipe it with a sniper rifle, or in early game, I build a giant tower and shoot it with arrows from atop or if I find a rocket launcher, molotov, or whatever early; I use those instead. I hate snakes...

Yea, just ditch excess feathers because I go through sometimes 30+ arrows to hit a stupid snake since I always get jump scared by a snake anywhere in any game or in life so my aim is really bad and I never have too many feathers.

I always stay miles away from it and snipe it with a sniper rifle, or in early game, I build a giant tower and shoot it with arrows from atop or if I find a rocket launcher, molotov, or whatever early; I use those instead. I hate snakes...

Hahaha. I chuckled verily at the thought of someone building a huge tower firing rockets/throwing molotovs at snakes on the ground. Those bastards are hard to hit though.

I heard that they were going to make the vultures drop snakes on you.

As someone who plays only melee and bow - maybe little bit of rifles on horde night, i don't actually have that many feathers. And for some reason on a dungeon run I always like use 50 of the arrows not getting them back ( doesn't matter if they are steel or iron ) so I go through my fethers quite fast - never have more than 2 stacks of it in storage - even at lvls 100+.

As someone who plays only melee and bow - maybe little bit of rifles on horde night, i don't actually have that many feathers. And for some reason on a dungeon run I always like use 50 of the arrows not getting them back ( doesn't matter if they are steel or iron ) so I go through my fethers quite fast - never have more than 2 stacks of it in storage - even at lvls 100+.

Seems about right to me.

You can end up with a lot of feathers if you don't use arrows that much... and I am sure the real culprit to the overabundance of them is the fact that we have to eat 10 times a day and bacon & eggs is the choice meal -- especially early game.

So, if a bowman needs feathers, and needs a lot of them, then I am sure the number of feathers in game is just fine where it's at. For anyone else with a taste for breakfast 24/7, I think they can be burned for fuel. (not playing right now, can anybody confirm?)

Archived