Future Stuff suggestions

Sharky36

I love the fact that you guys added the compound bow back in Alpha 16, but isn't it about time we get an upgrade for the Crossbow? I would really like to see a carbon fiber Crossbow added to the game.

This is what I would like to see added what about you all. Any ideas of new things you would like to see added to the game?

Something that's been annoying me since forever, the reload delay on the cross bow is what makes it worthless. Make it a heavy stamina-cost to reload it and lower that delay. I modded that in 16 and it was nice again lol. But as it stands, your character stops to ponder the meaning of life for half an hour in between each bolt before thinking "Oh I better reload this crossbow I forgot".

Something that's been annoying me since forever, the reload delay on the cross bow is what makes it worthless. Make it a heavy stamina-cost to reload it and lower that delay. I modded that in 16 and it was nice again lol. But as it stands, your character stops to ponder the meaning of life for half an hour in between each bolt before thinking "Oh I better reload this crossbow I forgot".

Made the crossbow once in A17e, shot it 3x, scrapped it and never touched it after that. That was in b208, not sure if it's better now.

Made the crossbow once in A17e, shot it 3x, scrapped it and never touched it after that. That was in b208, not sure if it's better now.

It sucks, I love crossbows =/ I mean, I get you have exploding bolts -- which are like nukes -- but it's simply worthless to use a bolty even if you uise steel bolts. I am sure a wooden bow with stone arrows will out dps a bolty with steel bolts. I thought this would be fixed, the reload delay, but seems to have been forgotten about. I do like the compund, but the bolty would be nice.

Steel bolts are scrapped or sold lol.

insta-scrapped for me lmao

Yup hahaha. You can fix it by changing the reload delay, but that's modding the game and should be in it already. Otherwise it's shoot a bolt and you character's all like,

"Oh man some bacon and eggs sounds nice... Hmm... I wonder what the score of the Naves' football game was, oh, wait that's right they're all zombies. Hmm. Man those zombies look like they want to eat me. Huh, what was I doing just a few minutes ago? Idk, something to do with this empty crossbow I think. Ya know, Rekt seemed a lot nicer today when I visited him - what's up with that? Oh yeah that's right, I'm supposed to be reloading this crossbow!" *reloads and shoots*

"Hmm... I wonder...."

Something I actually agree with Roland on lol:

Ziplines!

But, I fear if the were added it would be too easy to make a zipline BM evasion base. Just keep zipping between 3-4 locations lol

you can already effectively evade an entire BM with any vehicle....or by simply standing on the roof of a fresh POI each horde night.

Even if they improved crossbow reload speed to closer, but still worse than the bow, It still lost it's #1 benefit from A16:

it's highly accurate, high velocity, VERY flat trajectory.

It used to be a weapon of extreme precision, with very low dropoff...it was the ideal LONG RANGE stealth weapon. A17 made 2 serious changes OTHER than the reload speed that seriously gimped the crossbow: It added a significant scatter radius to ranged weapons (made more serious in B221) that makes longer ranged effective sniping very difficult for anything except rifles, and it significantly increased the dropoff of the crossbow's bolts, making the longer ranged sniping even harder, with having to aim a certain amount above the target based on location.

Crossbow was my weapon of choice in A16....The instant i got one, i scrapped my bow and never went back. In A17 though, it's niche was irrevocably erased, and is now a louder (-), slower (--), more damaging (+) bow that doesn't need to be drawn before firing (+), but forces a reload after firing (--). Its benefits over bow no longer outweigh, or even equal its drawbacks

Maybe they could come out with carbon fiber crossbow with a quicker reload time and/or create a mod for the crossbow that shortens the reload time. They could even come out with a mod that makes the crossbow quieter. There are so many things that could be done to it to make it better. I still like using it but it does make it difficult to use in a POI.

Archived