I collected bedrock

xMrGreeneJeansx

Without cheat mode. I found one piece in my inventory after the Day 35 horde. Admittedly I've played this game for probably thousands of hours total, but I've never seen this happen. I dont see any bedrock missing anywhere in the places I've dug down to it, so idk what the hell is going on lol. If I get some more, I'm going to make an above-ground impenetrable base.

So I think I know how it happened, roughly speaking. I'm trying to replicate it and will update if I am successful.

Anyway, my base is basically a giant pit for zombies to fall all the way from the surface to the bedrock, which knocks their legs off and kills/wounds special zombies. On horde nights I use a spiked club to kill the survivors, then a bone shiv to cut their remains up for the animal fat to use for gas. I believe when i got the bedrock, was when I went to cut up a corpse, but missed, which made me do that sideways slicing animation which hit the bedrock. I believe I essentially "butchered" bedrock somehow.

I'd love for this to be a thing, as I want to make a base above ground that is actually invulnerable to zombies.

First of all, Merry Christmas everyone!

Ok, so last night I couldn't sleep and was toying around with the bedrock glitch. Turns out it's definitely a thing. I managed to collect 8-9 more bedrock during the Day 42 horde. I haven't figured out a consistent way of doing it, but here's what I know so far.

The zombie has to be standing on bedrock. When you kill a zombie, you need to use a spiked club and hit their "corpse" until it turns into "zombie remains." For some reason, the transition between corpse and remains gives you 1 bedrock. This isnt consistent however, and seems to be random. One thing that does seem to increase your chances is if you can smack the corpse while it is still collapsing to the ground, turning it into remains mid animation.

I'm sure there's some consistent and easier way to exploit all of this. I'll keep trying and update accordingly. The exciting potential of all this is that you can build an invincible base out of bedrock, rather than having to resort to cheesy tactics to deal with hordes.

First of all, Merry Christmas everyone!

Ok, so last night I couldn't sleep and was toying around with the bedrock glitch. Turns out it's definitely a thing. I managed to collect 8-9 more bedrock during the Day 42 horde. I haven't figured out a consistent way of doing it, but here's what I know so far.

The zombie has to be standing on bedrock. When you kill a zombie, you need to use a spiked club and hit their "corpse" until it turns into "zombie remains." For some reason, the transition between corpse and remains gives you 1 bedrock. This isnt consistent however, and seems to be random. One thing that does seem to increase your chances is if you can smack the corpse while it is still collapsing to the ground, turning it into remains mid animation.

I'm sure there's some consistent and easier way to exploit all of this. I'll keep trying and update accordingly. The exciting potential of all this is that you can build an invincible base out of bedrock, rather than having to resort to cheesy tactics to deal with hordes.

Well I’ll fessup seeing as we won’t be getting an update for awhile. You’re very close to getting it consistently. We’ve been doing this for awhile and like you had a fall trap down to bedrock. One time we were killing zombies with chain saws and low and behold we got a piece of bedrock. So we played with it and got more. It’s been a little while but basically chain saw the zombie (or shoot them or whatever) and then don’t loot and right after they are a corpse hit the bedrock first with the chain saw and then cut up the body. Pretty much get one every time. We even made a bedrock mining pit and attracted screamer hordes as well lol. We tried other items like augers and spikes clubs, etc but the chain saw was consistent. Happy mining.

Well I’ll fessup seeing as we won’t be getting an update for awhile. You’re very close to getting it consistently. We’ve been doing this for awhile and like you had a fall trap down to bedrock. One time we were killing zombies with chain saws and low and behold we got a piece of bedrock. So we played with it and got more. It’s been a little while but basically chain saw the zombie (or shoot them or whatever) and then don’t loot and right after they are a corpse hit the bedrock first with the chain saw and then cut up the body. Pretty much get one every time. We even made a bedrock mining pit and attracted screamer hordes as well lol. We tried other items like augers and spikes clubs, etc but the chain saw was consistent. Happy mining.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip! I have a good chainsaw and a decent amount of spare parts so I'll try that.

Archived