Price limits and other vending machine issues

Druuna

I know that this has not a high priority, but because devs afaik currently working at this, I try it.

In A16 I had a lot of fun with selling stuff to other players, in the best weekend I made a million dukes.

But ... price limits? Really? Isn't that communistic? And this from Texans?

I sold some wheels but because of the price limit the max price was about 6200, I would demand 10,000 if I could.

And no auto-repeat on the increase price button, so I had to spawn the button 50 times (ok, I can solve this with autohotkey).

And really bad readability because prices are in dark-red font, maybe change to more orange?

Currently I have the impression that we sellers will have a hard time against npc-traders, they sell too much too cheap, I hope the devs will not kill player trading with the new prices and offers.

I know that this has not a high priority, but because devs afaik currently working at this, I try it.

In A16 I had a lot of fun with selling stuff to other players, in the best weekend I made a million dukes.

But ... price limits? Really? Isn't that communistic? And this from Texans?

I sold some wheels but because of the price limit the max price was about 6200, I would demand 10,000 if I could.

And no auto-repeat on the increase price button, so I had to spawn the button 50 times (ok, I can solve this with autohotkey).

And really bad readability because prices are in dark-red font, maybe change to more orange?

Currently I have the impression that we sellers will have a hard time against npc-traders, they sell too much too cheap, I hope the devs will not kill player trading with the new prices and offers.

I agree with this. I'm not sure why they would put price caps on anything. An economy is based on supply and demand. Wheels seem to be harder to find? They fetch a higher price. There was seemingly a large dump truck filled with 9mm ammo that turned over in the middle of town? 9mm ammo will be harder to sell and likely very low price. That's the name of the game. Some people base their entire game around finding and selling items to other players so they can get what they need. I love being that guy that would roll through a town and cherry pick POIs looking for specific items that fetch a high price, hawk them at the vending machines, buy what I wanted either from the trader or another player. A person who knows what sells well and where to find it could build an empire on a server. I once built a base almost entirely off of trade profits to protect my hoard. Semi-underground Rconcrete walls defended by 24 auto turrets pointing out, and 24 shotgun turrets pointing down toward the walls with 3 layers of electric fencing to further repel would-be attackers. Only way to penetrate was multiple shots from a rocket launcher and then run like hell for the gap, BUT WAIT, my base was built over a dead drop pit and unless you knew exactly where to step you would fall through and drop about 40 blocks, breaking your legs and ultimately dying on the spikes below. Assumiming you made it that far, then you would have to break the vault door down into my underground area that was guarded by multiple dart traps that would likely bleed you out before you even knocked off the rust. If you made it past that you'd enter a small hallway with 2 autoturrets at the opposite end lighting you up as soon as the door came down. If...IF you somehow survived all that and made it into my workshop/warehouse, everything of any value was kept in locked gunsafes instead of boxes, so now you had to crack those to get to the good stuff, and just to be a wise ass, I had about 40 safes in there and usually only about 10 were used. I did all this with minimal farming at relatively low levels through trading. Imagine what we could do in A17 if there weren't price caps.

Archived