[Suggestion] Take all Quest u want at the same time

Yisiscreise

Hello there guys!

Since the game is very focused now on leveling and earn new skill points, I've been thinking about ... why not give us the possibility of taking all the misiones we want at the same time from the same trader?

It's a thing that is usually done in games that works with quest, World of Warcraft for example, u take all the missions from an npc, and u go to a place and complete like ... 4 of them, and u save time

For example the missions can be focused on the same town but in different POIs, so u have to complete The House, The Garage The Mortuary ...

And when u go back to the trader or can earn more xp and rewards in a single travel

What do u think? This maybe can help with the problem that people find in level until reach lvl 20!

I actually like that you can only take one per trader.

Trust me. I had 3 traders very close to each other in one playthrough, took 3 quests from them and was horrendously overwhelmed, which to do first. And since they were more or less opposite each other, I ended up doing one, giving it back, doing the next, again back and the last one and didn't take new quests because it was just too much.

One quest at a time is fine. This isn't skyrim or fallout(well... not yet :D) with 1000 sidequests.

You should be able to focus on your mission and get the next one.

I do like it the way it is now.

Sharing the quest with your friends would be nice though :) even though I see the compatibility problems that might cause.

The one thing I dislike is: make the radius around the questobjective bigger! And don't fail it, if I go outside of it/die. It feels highly unrewarding and dying and having to backtrack is punishment enough... not beeing able to do the quest 3km away from home is sooooo demotivating.

I actually like that you can only take one per trader.

Trust me. I had 3 traders very close to each other in one playthrough, took 3 quests from them and was horrendously overwhelmed, which to do first. And since they were more or less opposite each other, I ended up doing one, giving it back, doing the next, again back and the last one and didn't take new quests because it was just too much.

One quest at a time is fine. This isn't skyrim or fallout(well... not yet :D) with 1000 sidequests.

You should be able to focus on your mission and get the next one.

I do like it the way it is now.

Sharing the quest with your friends would be nice though :) even though I see the compatibility problems that might cause.

The one thing I dislike is: make the radius around the questobjective bigger! And don't fail it, if I go outside of it/die. It feels highly unrewarding and dying and having to backtrack is punishment enough... not beeing able to do the quest 3km away from home is sooooo demotivating.

The point is that even if they give us the possibility of take more than one quest at the same time from the same trader, u can choose always take one or more.

For you is hard deal with more than one? No problem, take just one, but if i preffer make all the quest i can before return to the trader, i should be able to do it too Dont u think? I always think that is better give the option and everyone make what they want than force people to do just one thing Dont u think? =)

Yes and no.

This is a common problem in games these days. Games give you 1000 quests, so you never focus on one, so completing one doesn't feel as rewarding. Its complicated but basically, the more focused you are, the more you can take from it.

watch it a bit (maybe even from the start if you like it... I looked up the relevant point for you so you dont have to watch 8min of boring stuff :p) until he switches topics, and maybe you get what I mean.

Since the game is very focused now on leveling and earn new skill points, I've been thinking about ... why not give us the possibility of taking all the misiones we want at the same time from the same trader?

It's a thing that is usually done in games that works with quest, World of Warcraft for example, u take all the missions from an npc, and u go to a place and complete like ... 4 of them, and u save time

Then you end up with 100 open quests that you don't even look at any more.

I've played these games, too...

Then you end up with 100 open quests that you don't even look at any more.

I've played these games, too...

If u dont want do quest u will not do one or ten

- - - Updated - - -

Yes and no.

This is a common problem in games these days. Games give you 1000 quests, so you never focus on one, so completing one doesn't feel as rewarding. Its complicated but basically, the more focused you are, the more you can take from it.

watch it a bit (maybe even from the start if you like it... I looked up the relevant point for you so you dont have to watch 8min of boring stuff :p) until he switches topics, and maybe you get what I mean.

I see what do u mean, and i understand your point, but I think it's a question of the player's maturity managing his gaming experience better instead of forcing him to play alone in a way

I see what do u mean, and i understand your point, but I think it's a question of the player's maturity managing his gaming experience better instead of forcing him to play alone in a way

I am a huge advocate of freedom of choice.

But in this case, I disagree.

I have not yet seen anyone that declines quests in games like Skyrim to focus on one quest, since this is not what we are taught.

We think the more the better.

And you can have multiple quests running at the same time (random notes like chickkiller; treasure chests; quests from multiple traders)

Just think of the trader sending multiple people to do the jobs.

Why would he send you on two jobs? You might die, you may never return, you may fail...

Why place so much trust in you, when there are 10s of other survivors out there who want to do them as well?

My solution:

Give an additional voiceline. Instead of a textbox saying "i don't have something for you right now" (which is obviously a lie, since he had 4 just now) give him the line: "Why do you want another contract? I already gave you one. Come back to me when you finished that!"

And the desire to do multiple quests from one trader is logically dispelled.

I am a huge advocate of freedom of choice.

But in this case, I disagree.

I have not yet seen anyone that declines quests in games like Skyrim to focus on one quest, since this is not what we are taught.

We think the more the better.

And you can have multiple quests running at the same time (random notes like chickkiller; treasure chests; quests from multiple traders)

Just think of the trader sending multiple people to do the jobs.

Why would he send you on two jobs? You might die, you may never return, you may fail...

Why place so much trust in you, when there are 10s of other survivors out there who want to do them as well?

My solution:

Give an additional voiceline. Instead of a textbox saying "i don't have something for you right now" (which is obviously a lie, since he had 4 just now) give him the line: "Why do you want another contract? I already gave you one. Come back to me when you finished that!"

And the desire to do multiple quests from one trader is logically dispelled.

But the question is save time, maybe the quest are far, but maybe some are near, and u can save time especially when u dont have lvl 20 and dont have a vehicle, when u have a bike the game changes, so i dont see bad the possibility of take more than 1 missions at the same time, even more qhen if u die in a mission, u lose the quest and u have to go back and take another one again, with low stamina, without vehicles...

Yup. they should not remove the quest when you die. Agreed.

But a quest should be a main task, you should have a clear goal, a clear path and end it in one swoop. If you have multiple quests, it becomes a journey of dungeoncrawlers, which feels less like fun and more like work. They should increase some rewards (especially xp) but not multiple quests from one trader... because if you DON'T accept multiple quests, you lose time and efficiency, so most players will do it, even if they aren'T ready to. As I have so often said: "The devs have to protect the player from himself." Or "If given the chance, the player will optimize the fun out of the game". Sorry thats my opinion ^^ feel free to argue for it though :)

Yup. they should not remove the quest when you die. Agreed.

But a quest should be a main task, you should have a clear goal, a clear path and end it in one swoop. If you have multiple quests, it becomes a journey of dungeoncrawlers, which feels less like fun and more like work. They should increase some rewards (especially xp) but not multiple quests from one trader... because if you DON'T accept multiple quests, you lose time and efficiency, so most players will do it, even if they aren'T ready to. As I have so often said: "The devs have to protect the player from himself." Or "If given the chance, the player will optimize the fun out of the game". Sorry thats my opinion ^^ feel free to argue for it though :)

I think u are right, the problem may be solved giving more xp or rewards for one quest, in that way u dont lose the inmersion of the quest, but u take more eficiency of your time.

Archived