Can we fix wandering hordes?

Feycat

They're so lame now. I miss big chunks of wandering zombies.

I'm happy that I haven't run into rads and ferals in my first week this time, but our wandering hordes are in like... groups of 2-5?

So what you've got now is a wandering group? Most definitely not a horde, horde should be 50+ zoms wanting that sweet red meat.

Agree, it says in patch notes reduced WH counts. Really noticed a lack of action outdoors now, ever less vultures, dogs n wolves. Not sure why they're nerfing the difficulty so hard with zombie lower hp, reduced death debuff. Might even be working on an option to switch off zombie digging.

Pls TFP leave higher settings difficult, some of us like pain.

Agree, it says in patch notes reduced WH counts. Really noticed a lack of action outdoors now, ever less vultures, dogs n wolves. Not sure why they're nerfing the difficulty so hard with zombie lower hp, reduced death debuff. Might even be working on an option to switch off zombie digging.

Pls TFP leave higher settings difficult, some of us like pain.

We noticed this as well so I made this

Increased Wilderness Spawning

Also a modlet and plays very nicely with the WH one :)

Why the heck were wandering hordes neutered? This a huge step backwards. People were only complaining about their composition (12 dogs on day 2) and NOT their frequency or size (both of which needed an INCREASE imo).

The world is empty and boring enough without this change.

Anyone play State of Decay? That game got it right. The zombies are absolutely everywhere and the sound mechanics mean they are homing in on you from afar at all times, meaning, no matter what you do in the game there are always a ton of zombies working their way to you. Makes it very very tense, at all times.

I have a suggestion for OP, if you want to get mobbed. At least it seemed to work for me.

Take a wrench and start harvesting a chemistry station at one of those tent encampments....

So, I was minding my business one day doing this (probably lots of noise and heat too),

And, 5 running football players came charging at me, with a huge regular horde behind them.

I killed a couple, but on reload, the choas and such, I died.

Plus, it absolutely scared the damn crap out of me as it all happened so fast. Sheesh!!

I also wonder if they reduced them due to the XP players where farming from them.

Probably this plus the complaints of massive dog and wolf hordes. Tangentially, I haven't seen a dog or wolf horde in b221 yet.

In b208, we had this fantastic horde of soldiers and hazmat zombies. Like 20+ zeds... so much XP that just walked right up to us while we were building our defenses for horde night. Haven't seen anything like that in b221 either.

Wandering horde size should be level dependent.

[Or horde-stage since we already have that mechanic in place.]

Early hordes are small.

Late hordes are crazy!

I think this should be a toggle you can set in the options. you want wandering hordes that are 50 zombies on day 2 go for it. Avoid or engage. This makes them a threat and a choice you get to make. You want a measly group of 3-5 sure, your choice. ;)

I'm not a fan of gamestage at all. It makes it all so simple to start out with then can just go off the rails later on.

In alpha 13, I think it was, I remember kiting in a huge circle 20-30 or more zombies on day one shooting them with arrows, my friend struggled as it was her first time playing, but she just ran around while I killed them all. good fun that.

had to keep diverting to bird nest to get more feathers. oh the memories.

I think this should be a toggle you can set in the options. you want wandering hordes that are 50 zombies on day 2 go for it. Avoid or engage. This makes them a threat and a choice you get to make. You want a measly group of 3-5 sure, your choice. ;)

I'm not a fan of gamestage at all. It makes it all so simple to start out with then can just go off the rails later on.

In alpha 13, I think it was, I remember kiting in a huge circle 20-30 or more zombies on day one shooting them with arrows, my friend struggled as it was her first time playing, but she just ran around while I killed them all. good fun that.

had to keep diverting to bird nest to get more feathers. oh the memories.

While I get where you're coming from, and in fact that idea would work....

... Gazz mentioned that they could only make so many things select-able as the list in the menu would be too cumbersome.

I've seen some games have an "Advanced" menu that allowed choices like that and though is seems like a good idea, it had the negative effect of being intimidating to new players.

I guess TFP have to draw the line somewhere.

While I get where you're coming from, and in fact that idea would work....

... Gazz mentioned that they could only make so many things select-able as the list in the menu would be too cumbersome.

I've seen some games have an "Advanced" menu that allowed choices like that and though is seems like a good idea, it had the negative effect of being intimidating to new players.

I guess TFP have to draw the line somewhere.

Aw yes, that makes sense. Conan Exiles is like that. You kind of just want to start playing then you realize how poorly the initial settings are and go tackle that monster list.

Although, there could be an advanced tab for people who want more challenge. The general populous would just run on recommended settings.

And Thanks Jax, going to give your horde mod a try.

Aw yes, that makes sense. Conan Exiles is like that. You kind of just want to start playing then you realize how poorly the initial settings are and go tackle that monster list.

Although, there could be an advanced tab for people who want more challenge. The general populous would just run on recommended settings.

And Thanks Jax, going to give your horde mod a try.

Hahaha Conan Exiles is a perfect example.

Also, see what Jax did there?

He offered a solution.

It's not for everyone but it's a step in the right direction.

I think a lot of these issues were having will be addressed by the Modding Community.

After years of playing this game and coming to the forums I can honestly say I am impressed by how involved the Modders are and how passionate they are about giving the game replayability through mods.

Probably this plus the complaints of massive dog and wolf hordes. Tangentially, I haven't seen a dog or wolf horde in b221 yet.

In b208, we had this fantastic horde of soldiers and hazmat zombies. Like 20+ zeds... so much XP that just walked right up to us while we were building our defenses for horde night. Haven't seen anything like that in b221 either.

Oh, have I. I was getting back to my base after farming and saw a sprinting zombie bear + dog horde running past my base.

Biggest "nope" I've had in a long while. I went back the other way to farm some more.

Oh, have I. I was getting back to my base after farming and saw a sprinting zombie bear + dog horde running past my base.

Biggest "nope" I've had in a long while. I went back the other way to farm some more.

Hahahah! Made me laugh.

Yup!

Zombie Bear horde.

It's like:

"Yeah f*** you I'm not going anywhere near you.... haha!."

BOwlOL9.gif

I know, rare of me to complain about zombies

BUT

STOP THE PRESSES!

tumblr_m91g0tyGhF1qew6kmo1_500.gif

Please please pretty please can wandering hordes STOP forming outside my base at EXACTLY 2330 every single night. I expect them now and wait for them. Like clockwork, by 000 there I am opening my door to a bunch of wanderers.

Surely we can RANDOMIZE them eh?

200.gif

Archived