What happens to the zombie?

calebelt

It's annoying that zombies turn into emptiness. Perhaps there are people who will support me in contacting the developers? Developers can make the zombies turn into biomass, which occupies one block and slows down movement. It's probably possible to make a separate option for players who appreciate realism.

7d2d-1.jpg

It's annoying that zombies turn into emptiness. Perhaps there are people who will support me in contacting the developers? Developers can make the zombies turn into biomass, which occupies one block and slows down movement. It's probably possible to make a separate option for players who appreciate realism.

yA4fUUZ.gif

Another "realism" person.

- Fine with carrying Tons of weight [literally].

- Craft items in seconds

- Instantly build blocks [like magic]

- Oh yeah.... and ZOMBIES

All fine yep. No problem with realism there.

But missing gore blocks?? NO WAY!!

bzQ9atI.gif

"Sheerishly TFP? How can you Eshxpect ush to buy into that nonshensh??

Pffft! Asssh if! [sniff] Like.... there'sh shum magic forsh making bodies disshapear!

Hahaha..."

Gore blocks were nothing but a nuisance, good riddance!

They did nothing but make a mess for the player to clean up. It's not fun, I don't want to play apocalyptic janitor.

Mean, the gore blocks before a17 were fine, they gave glue and fertilizer resources, some exp for cleaning them and worked as a prolonged container (now the loot bags vanish much faster so if one drops during horde night prepare to get nothing). However the old old goreblocks that stacked into a wall, those were bad.

Gore blocks were nothing but a nuisance, good riddance!

They did nothing but make a mess for the player to clean up. It's not fun, I don't want to play apocalyptic janitor.

Unless you're playing Viscera Cleanup Detail, which is actually way more fun than you'd think it is!

The graphics of the gore blocks always seemed weird to me... like the graphics were older and not as good. They were also inaccurate. You would chop a head off, but the gore block still had a head. I'd settle for a pile of rotten flesh and bones. If they can be broken down into one bone and one flesh, even better... even if that means making the recipes that use them require more to meet the same demand. They should also break down easily for cleanup (I'm talking like 50 Hp). They should have 0 structural integrity, always falling if no support. I don't think they should be containers as they are probably exhaustive on memory. I imagine that to be the main problem and the reason for the change to begin with.

-another realism thread

-in a ZOMBIE game

-no one complains you can have a CAR in your pocket and put it on your belt, then put it on the road, drive with it a bit and put it back in your pocket, disappearing ZOMBIE corpses are not realistic enough, but that is

-another realism thread

-in a ZOMBIE game

-no one complains you can have a CAR in your pocket and put it on your belt, then put it on the road, drive with it a bit and put it back in your pocket, disappearing ZOMBIE corpses are not realistic enough, but that is

Yes, there have been complaints.

I don't agree with ultra-realism... but a zombie apoc is a feasible event that could happen in our reality, so I don't use that as an argument for not adding more realism in this game.

-another realism thread

-in a ZOMBIE game

Right?

Every time I hear "Realism" in a fantasy game.

970fWdY.gif

I will just never relate to this.

Well, carrying 10 cars, 300~ metric tons of concrete and stone, 10 guns, 1,000 rounds of ammo, bowls of meat stew, 15-20 trees, outfits, jars of water, 5 deer's meat, loose gunpowder, rebar frames, and a motorcycle in your backpack is rather realistic. Same as drinking a bandage to stop bleeding, as well as drinking a med kit made of blood, cloth and some rubbing alcohol which transforms into a drinkable defibrillator. Completely realistic.

I think its hilarious all you people make fun of his suggestion like its SO outside the realm of possibility that maybe, just MAYBE some people out there enjoy realism and DID like the gore blocks.

Stop being so damn elitist in outright condemning others views. I would love to see this return somehow in the form of a mod perhaps. Nothing wrong with enjoying what you enjoy right? Isn't that what so many of you PREACH until of course it's about something YOU do not approve of.

- - - Updated - - -

-another realism thread

-in a ZOMBIE game

Speak for yourself, i always have and still find it ridiculous that things like that and 30,000 wood are allowed in backpacks.

I dont think anyone was making fun of him, rather saying it's been tried in the past but it just doesn't work/isn't actually fun. It sounds cool and fun, but when you get down into it it just turns into a memory-hogging mess which you're forced to spend half an hour cleaning up after every wandering horde/horde nights. And I'm sure everyone finds that ridiculous, but nobody wants to spend 1-5 actual years harvesting wood and stone for a single base.

I think its hilarious all you people make fun of his suggestion like its SO outside the realm of possibility that maybe, just MAYBE some people out there enjoy realism and DID like the gore blocks.

Stop being so damn elitist in outright condemning others views. I would love to see this return somehow in the form of a mod perhaps. Nothing wrong with enjoying what you enjoy right? Isn't that what so many of you PREACH until of course it's about something YOU do not approve of.

There's a time and a place for realism.

WWII simulators are a good example.

Naval battle simulators.

Flight simulators.

7DTD does not fit into that category.

I get that some people like realism but that's not really my issue with the post.

Realism is being used as an excuse to bolster a weak argument.

If someone wants to present an idea and they think it's going to improve game play, fine!

If they don't have a leg to stand on and all they have is "but.. but... my realism!" it's going to annoy people.

That's not Elitism.

Pretending you're better than others BECAUSE you like realism is an example elitism.

[Just in case you needed some calrification.]

I quite enjoyed the gore clean up in A16, I'm one of those people who doesn't enjoy running zombies (be a shame that they break their own rotting legs right?) and every horde night was on the road. I was able to manage killing, looting, scrapping unwanted items and cutting up gore blocks. It kept me focused and immersed in the game, any wrong move could be fatal, leaving too many gore blocks could lead me to being killed by a feral. Great times!

I'm sorry if I offended one of my grandmother's grandchildren. I am very sorry to suggest something complicating the game.

I don't like that you can put the car in your pocket. I wrote about it on the forum. I liked how it was done at 16.

And I propose to return the blood blocks optionally. This means that those who want a complex game, he will include this option, along with the options always running zombies (so I play).

Here on the forum many requests: "How to disable the Horde?" It's a zombie game, not strawberry yogurt.

I do not think there is a problem to make two modes: "Mama's sons and survivalists". :smile-new:

but a zombie apoc is a feasible event that could happen in our reality

It really isn't. Zombies would have to have a fully functioning cardiovascular and respiratory system just to make sure that oxygen is getting to the muscles, otherwise they'd break down.

Rotting also kills the zombie formula. You need properly working muscles to move the human body, a complex moving machine. The elements (heat, cold, rain, dry) would tear away at dead flesh quickly.

Their bodies also cannot metabolize food, which cannot convert calories to energy. All the meat they eat? Nothing happens and energy can't be made.

Eyes rot, ear drums don't work, they can't smell because of how foul their own stench is (also nose is rotting). Literally zombies would be hands out, trying to touch their way through prey with no sound, taste, sight or smells to help them.

Zombies can't exist, and these are just a tiny piece of all the evidence proving against it.

Infected like Left4Dead and 28 Days Later? Maybe. Depends on how much their bodies are being fed (remember that in 28 Days they all starved to death) and if they can keep up energy levels without "dying" and rotting away.

Zombies as we know and love? Completely fictional and unrealistic with zero chance of happening.

I think the OP used the wrong word, and thats what getting those close minded people a little upset..

He said "realism", when actually he meant "immersion". So yes, forget realism in this game, but a little bit of immersion would be cool. For me, Bodies that go "poof" in such a short time are a no go, in any game. I would have liked a compromise of a16 and a17, which would have also gotten rid of the duplication bug:

Keep the gore blocks of a16, but don't make them (or the corpses) into containers. They should be harvestable for glue and bones, but not lootable. For loot i think the new loot bags are good, because they got rid of the duplication problem. (although, i have to say: in a game that is merely a single-player and pve, and not a pvp game, the loot - duplication thing was not a real problem, just a minor annoyance)

Yeah classic zombies no, the closest thing possible is a hijacking of the brain/nervous system to do zombie things. Heh, I am a history nerd and I can't exactly remember where this was really bad, but way back when there was some sickness from somethign in some food (im seriously drawing blanks on the detail lol) that was causing a lot of people to go into comas. Nobody knew what comas were, and didn't thin kto check for a minute-long pulse so presumed them dead. Two things came out of it, they discovered claw markings on some of the caskets, so the zombie thing started to drive people scared. 'For whom the bell tolls' actually came from this (not the exact way, but same sense), they started putting strings in caskets attached to a bell above ground, just in case someone buried was just in a coma; they'd ring it if they woke up buried, and the 'graveyard watch' (another thing that derived from it) would be listening for bells ringing and dig them back up.

Weird times, them were.

Archived