Day seven with A17.

Vulgarius

I have to say that it was more challenging. The Zeds dug their way into my "High Hide" tunnel.

I usually go to ground for the first 3 weeks by building an underground base. It's a simple 10X10 shelter in the first 10 M of bedrock. with an entrance under a house and the beginnings of a couple of exit tunnels. This seems to have fooled them in all previous versions. Once my resources are better I will choose a more advantageous location to tunnel up and build a reinforced concrete blockhouse near the most resources.

It too the Zeds until 3 AM to find a way in. I will investigate further to locate on the map just what the damage is.

Looks like no depth is too deep for the Z's. Day 14 my new workshop is at 0 Elevation also AKA Max depth. They dug down to it by 0355 through 60 meters of rock but could not get in as I had literally just reinforced it with scrap blocks I was waiting at my doorway and opened it and coincidentally encountered the bug where you are stuck at the top of the doorway. it looked like eight or nine zombies in the same square clawing away within about 1 meter from me. I dispatched all of them with my shotgun within a few seconds.

I am going to experiment with the subterranean fortress. For now I am replacing my scrap and wood walls with brick and will upgrade to concrete ASAP.

I've been thinking....

_________ ground

------------- blade traps

__________ bunker

Have not tried it yet though....

EDIT... not for horde night.... and don't want to keep filling in with boxes when they dig....

I'm testing a sort of kill floor, maze style above where I'm mining.

I've got something working but I did in creative.

Trying to get something like that working legit.... eh.... I dunno.

It's a lot of resources and probably a lot of time.

I wonder if it would be worth it.

I'll update after the new year.

Christmas almost here and lots to do before then.

Well, Day 21 was a success. No breach although I heard them I never found the bottom end of their bore hole. I did plug the top with several layers of brick. I tried to exploit the absurd "Pathfinding" abilities of the Zombies by using one of my tunnels as to move back and forth so that they would keep changing direction and lose time. I kept close to the citadel but kept up the moving target routine. I thought back to the second encounter and realized that there were about 15 zombies packed onto a 1 meter square. This is absurd.

Archived