Need help with bugged trees please.

Goncrazzy

So we're on a fresh server for A17 b221, been playing with 3 days on the new server start and had no issuses with the tress till today. They are there but not there, you can't hit them you can't do anything to them. There was no trees around my new base at all when I started it, now I have like 10 of them and they are all up next to my tower. Is there anyway to get rid of these in the console?

Think it's a known issue. They were requesting info on how to reproduce it on the patch notes. It's happened every a17 patch so far for me. Yeah I think you start noticing them after a few days. Also I've noticed rarely some doorways are similar, you can destroy them but they stay there but you can walk though them.

Im hoping there is a way I can remove them, they are in the way lol, but ya we've had them in each new start we had so far. This time me and my wife were inside one of our buildings working and she started having game crashes and glitches with not being able to see some zombies, she rebooted serveral times and I even rebooted the server several times. then I went outside and all these trees were there, that was never there before, I picked this spot cause it had no trees and I didn't want the tree bug having bugged trees near my tower, but not I got like 10 bugged trees all around me. Gotta be a way to get rid of em

I have not experienced this at all. Is it a multiplayer thing?

Me either. I've never seen it in SP or MP with my friend. I think it's something that happens on large servers. Ive literally never seen a bugged tree the entire A17 release... so maybe that's something to narrow it down to an issue caused by large playerbase servers?

Me either. I've never seen it in SP or MP with my friend. I think it's something that happens on large servers. Ive literally never seen a bugged tree the entire A17 release... so maybe that's something to narrow it down to an issue caused by large playerbase servers?

I have it set to 20 players, but only me and my wife play, and sometimes our daughter, so 3 tops

Hmm. Maybe it's more than two? Ive never seen it with 1 or 2, and when I was on a 20+ server I saw them quite often

Well so far its only been me and the wife playing since we restarted a few days ago, wonder if its something to do with the max player of 20 setting? Not sure how that would effect the trees though. Still would like to find a way to debug or remove them through the console, I would have to have to start a new map again already.

Well so far its only been me and the wife playing since we restarted a few days ago, wonder if its something to do with the max player of 20 setting? Not sure how that would effect the trees though. Still would like to find a way to debug or remove them through the console, I would have to have to start a new map again already.

You may have a point there. WHen I play with my friend it's 2 player max. It may be past a certain point, the server I played on had... 30 or 35 max. Uhh, there IS a reset chunk command, but do not do it near your base, it will reset it too.

You may have a point there. WHen I play with my friend it's 2 player max. It may be past a certain point, the server I played on had... 30 or 35 max. Uhh, there IS a reset chunk command, but do not do it near your base, it will reset it too.

lol that won't do me much good then, seeing how the trees I wanna get rid of are right beside my base. Also something that may be of use, till today, I've been chopping down trees, but not replanting them. Today I musta planted over 200 trees plus chopped down and replanted another 100. Like I said earlier, I hadn't had any trouble with these bugged trees till today.

lol that won't do me much good then, seeing how the trees I wanna get rid of are right beside my base. Also something that may be of use, till today, I've been chopping down trees, but not replanting them. Today I musta planted over 200 trees plus chopped down and replanted another 100. Like I said earlier, I hadn't had any trouble with these bugged trees till today.

Hmm. I've planted trees without the bug, but only in the 30 range. interesting lol. Uhh, ya know I heard it doesnt work well in MP, but check out the prefab tool. You could export the base, wipe the chunk, and reload the base.

I have seen people use a work around to get rid of them. What they do is plant a new tree inside where the ghost tree is. Then they restart the server and wait for the new tree to be fully grown and chop it down. That seems to work most of the time.

My latest map with a new start has many bugged trees all over the place. Some you can't walk through but you can't chop it down. Some trees float in the air from some people and others don't see them at all. No idea how to fix this stuff sorta annoying.

For movement it's a physical tree it blocks movement. For anything else it's not there I can even place a wood frame in its spot.

Hmm. I've planted trees without the bug, but only in the 30 range. interesting lol. Uhh, ya know I heard it doesnt work well in MP, but check out the prefab tool. You could export the base, wipe the chunk, and reload the base.

What is the chunk reset command? and the prefab tool?

Im hoping there is a way I can remove them, they are in the way lol, but ya we've had them in each new start we had so far. This time me and my wife were inside one of our buildings working and she started having game crashes and glitches with not being able to see some zombies, she rebooted serveral times and I even rebooted the server several times. then I went outside and all these trees were there, that was never there before, I picked this spot cause it had no trees and I didn't want the tree bug having bugged trees near my tower, but not I got like 10 bugged trees all around me. Gotta be a way to get rid of em

Just dig under the tree, and it should go away. At first I thought it was because I was planting blue spruces in the forest area, but I've seen it with other trees too.

Just dig under the tree, and it should go away. At first I thought it was because I was planting blue spruces in the forest area, but I've seen it with other trees too.

Just tried, dug a big hole under and around one of the NOW 20+ more bugged trees around my base, still there.

This only happens for me as a client on a dedicated server. It only happens when I restart the server. If I never restarted, I'd never get bugged trees.

I have no idea why this works but i found a workaround. Make sure a client is in the chunk and then manually save the game world "sa". Do that just before you need to restart the server, everytime.

It doesn't get rid of any existing trees - but they will never happen if you do that from Day 1 onward.

This only happens for me as a client on a dedicated server. It only happens when I restart the server. If I never restarted, I'd never get bugged trees.

I have no idea why this works but i found a workaround. Make sure a client is in the chunk and then manually save the game world "sa". Do that just before you need to restart the server, everytime.

It doesn't get rid of any existing trees - but they will never happen if you do that from Day 1 onward.

I thought the same thing but it doesn't work I still get bugged trees. It seems to help but it doesn't work every time.

I'm starting to think this might be connected to the map errors that come up when I bring up the map and scroll around on it.

I thought the same thing but it doesn't work I still get bugged trees. It seems to help but it doesn't work every time.

I'm starting to think this might be connected to the map errors that come up when I bring up the map and scroll around on it.

Well *Knock on Wood* - My server is at day 35 on this playthrough and i've restarted the server once every 24 RL hours and it hasn't happened, yet.

Archived