Idea for a super helpful Trader mission

Skeeter63082

I think I have a way to kill two complaints I've been hearing at one time. The first complaint is that Trader missions aren't that beneficial, especially later in the game and the second is that Traders themselves are difficult to find nowadays with the new beautiful distant trees rendering. So, my idea is to create a mission that can randomly appear at any trader that would essentially be a courier mission. It would require you to carry a package from the mission giving trader to another. The higher the tier of the mission, the farther away the objective trader will be. This would add some value to trader missions since unlocking new tiers will unlock more potential traders to find, as well as assisting with locating some of those locations. Just a thought. I'm open to suggestions and improvements.

When bandits are in- look for these to be vastly improved.

Quests to rob from them (stealth)

kill them

sabotage (plant explosives or virus bombs- or lure zombie hordes to)

Then with far more items coming later on (hopefully new tiers of armor and weapons) the rewards might feel more important. We'll see. The worst thing they can do is make dukes worthless with a player able to easily craft anything, or find it easily. Good stuff needs to be very expensive to add longevity- even though many will complain about grind (let them).

My 2 cents- now have a good un!

kill them

Then with far more items coming later on (hopefully new tiers of armor and weapons) the rewards might feel more important. We'll see. The worst thing they can do is make dukes worthless with a player able to easily craft anything, or find it easily. Good stuff needs to be very expensive to add longevity- even though many will complain about grind (let them).

Agreed, should be interesting to see how they go about that.

kill them

I agree 100%. The questing system is in its infancy but shows a lot of promise. I also agree that keeping the traders there to offer the more rare or otherwise unobtainable stuff in the game is essential to long term gameplay. The quests can play a crucial part in that to offer certain items more predominantly. Right now they do decent for obtaining decent medical supplies early on and maybe getting some better tools if your scavenging luck hasn't been great. But why not have the quests offer items you would typically have to level crafting to obtain? Don't want to spend the points to get to making a motorcycle? No problem, just remove the level gate for crafting the motorcycle itself, and the higher tier quests can occasionally offer those parts as a quest reward. This could also work for electrical items higher grade armors, weapon mods, etc and would provide an alternate route to obtaining these. This coupled with some new helpful quests would add a few very viable playstyles to the game that can revolve around next to no crafting or building whatsoever.

I think I have a way to kill two complaints I've been hearing at one time. The first complaint is that Trader missions aren't that beneficial, especially later in the game and the second is that Traders themselves are difficult to find nowadays with the new beautiful distant trees rendering. So, my idea is to create a mission that can randomly appear at any trader that would essentially be a courier mission. It would require you to carry a package from the mission giving trader to another. The higher the tier of the mission, the farther away the objective trader will be. This would add some value to trader missions since unlocking new tiers will unlock more potential traders to find, as well as assisting with locating some of those locations. Just a thought. I'm open to suggestions and improvements.

YES!

i4CJl18.gif

Excellent idea!

Archived