How to level with no zombies

lyssa22

I know, I know, I'm playing a zombie game and have the zombies turned off for one of my games. I wanted to do that so I could just run around, explore, craft, and enjoy the game that way, for once (trust me, I've killed plenty of zombies in this game!). The only problem is: You can't level very much at all. You get lots of XP killing zombies, but hardly any XP for chopping and tearing things apart. Is there any way to level faster? I'd love to see a different "version" for people that just want to explore and craft, which would have to have a different leveling system.

That said, still love this game!!!

Fetch quests should be a snap with no zombies.

But it will be slow going without zombies to kill.

If it is a SP game you could manually do something like every night open the console (f1) and type giveselfxp 5000 as a reward for surviving one more day.

There is also the loot abundance options which would potentially give you tools, weapons, food, etc, thus lessening the need to level up quickly to be able to craft all of that. Although certain "sliders" in the option menu for things like Zs, xp, and loot similar to what ark has would be pretty useful too.

Fetch quests should be a snap with no zombies.

But it will be slow going without zombies to kill.

If it is a SP game you could manually do something like every night open the console (f1) and type giveselfxp 5000 as a reward for surviving one more day.

All very true. Also a good idea in the last sentence.

There is also the loot abundance options which would potentially give you tools, weapons, food, etc, thus lessening the need to level up quickly to be able to craft all of that. Although certain "sliders" in the option menu for things like Zs, xp, and loot similar to what ark has would be pretty useful too.

This is a good suggestion and can make the game less tedious if you are running into a wall on something like duct tape or whatever.

Punching grass might be the fastest way. Costs almost no stamina, no tool degradation, grass is everywhere, 10 xp per punch.

That's actually a good idea.

It really would level someone up.

Others things could be:

- Loot and Run then sell to Traders

- Harvesting anything

That would do it.

A player probably could make it and never kill a single zombie.

What a challenge that would be huh?

You can do it A15 style

Not sure if i should say more or the next nerf is incoming ^^

But you can make arround 6000XP per minute

(well you need 20 forges for that)

Edit after test

Noooooo its nerfed, they halfed the xp

Edit and diminishing XP

27B749DCCBF2E7D4E7F0EEE6430B3759A1D7C944

Why do we have no diminishing XP on zombies ?

You can do it A15 style

Edit after test

It's like someone on the staff is always circling, looking for ways to suck the life out of us!

"Oooooh you have a way to level quickly do you?"

AUAAItU.gif

They are always watching!!

You can do it A15 style

Edit after test

Edit and diminishing XP

Why do we have no diminishing XP on zombies ?

Cause staring at a forge for XP is lame bawlz

Cause staring at a forge for XP is lame bawlz

Punching grass for 100 Hours is not really better

Or chop trees for 100 Hours even if you need no more wood

I allways ask me why people are against things they dont want to use themself.

Are other peoples activities so much more interesting than the own ?

My brother has done some XML modding to reduce the amount of XP needed to level up (essentially multiplying the effect of XP gathering). Something like that would probably be your best bet without zombies, I'm guessing. Make sure to back up the original file before making the changes.

I actually started in A16 with zombies "off". My introduction to the game. Modded so the dangerous animals were present. Had a lot of fun, but at some point the game just needed more challenge. Couldn't progress like that in A17. I'd have put it down after a week.

I tried a super humane game where I killed no zeds at all... seeing that they are my family, friends, workmates etcetera etcetera... heck even the nurse that helped birth my puppies is there... so are my puppies.

Didn't take long before I gave up, the game is just not conducive to that scenario at all atm.

Hopefully TFP will expose these mechanics in the future, doing so can only increase the potential playerbase.

I tried a super humane game where I killed no zeds at all... seeing that they are my family, friends, workmates etcetera etcetera... heck even the nurse that helped birth my puppies is there... so are my puppies.

Didn't take long before I gave up, the game is just not conducive to that scenario at all atm.

Hopefully TFP will expose these mechanics in the future, doing so can only increase the potential playerbase.

That's awesome!

I was hoping someone would at least try it.

Damn!

Now I have to try this.

Let's set something realistic though.

The challenge is to make it to the morning of Day 15.

Pretty sure I'm going to have to go on easiest mode for this one.

I'm not too proud to say that.

The challenge is to make it to the morning of Day 15.

Cool, I'll give that a go.

Pretty sure I'm going to have to go on easiest mode for this one.

I'm not too proud to say that.

Yep, it's a game, there are plenty of other important things in life where you can let your ego spoil a good time.

Start a base/storage house, start with wood frames and upgrade it. Going from wood frames to the last metal stage will yield tons of xp. Also do treasure maps, the diamonds, gold, and silver sell for alot and will yield lots of xp.

If you don't want to play the game as intended, then maybe just don't play at all and play a game that is designed for what you really want.

wow, just wow.

No zombies is an option of the game, what are you talking about. Even if it werent an option, he is not complaining or anything, just nicely asking if we could give him ideas on how he could play how he wants.

Well, I made it to day 8 without killing any zombies, and... I've just turned level 3.

20181214211331_1.thumb.jpg.86fd880ea1a68927aacbf0884ad5e037.jpg

20181214211355_1.thumb.jpg.4bcced063eab657aef47c911b84e8e13.jpg

It appears that clearing a POI doesn't work if you don't kill the zombies.

I placed both sleeping bag and claim block, but they kept spawning.

I spent some nights using the camp fire in the same room as sleepers, it was surreal.

50 minute days, nomad, zombies only walk.

Looks like I am going to be the first to say this....

They have indeed buffed the XP you get from mining, and I think it is now incredibly OP. LOL.

Please note that I have Bunker Buster mod on my Pick, and the Wood equivalent on my Axe, but even knowing that.... right now I get just under 500 XP for chopping down a tree with 1200 HP. That is almost as much as killing a zombie would give. However, I can find and chop trees ALL DAY with no pause. I can't kill zombies with such regularity. So I declare mining is now OP. :/

Archived