Did Screamer spawn get buffed?

PoppaTot

Just started B221 last night on my dedicated server. Nomad, RWG, all vanilla options aside from 16 BM count, air drop marker, and 15 day loot respawn. It's day 4, we have no forges, we setup shop on the top floor of an apartment building. On days 3 and 4 we have had 2-3 screamers per day. We do have torches and campfires, but nothing else. It has not been a problem, this is not a gripe, just curious if others have encountered this yet?

Easy way to check is to look at the heat map percentange. DM and then hit F8 2 or 3 times until the heat map percentage is displayed. You can exit dm and that percentage will remain up.

Torches and campfires will draw screamers if there are enough of them. Gunfire and power tools will draw them as well.

Screamers are spawned when the Heat Map % hits 100 (the number then resets to zero and starts over). Each forge, campfire, and anything else burning wood (chem station) adds 1.5% immediately, then gradually adds 1.5% per fire per minute. Auger and chainsaw didn't raise the percentage at all, despite holding it and running it against various blocks (exception, hitting the chem station with the auger added 0.5% total, for some reason). Shooting, punching, burning barrels, and torches...nothing else seemed to. Odd, since in b197 running the auger at bedrock for even a minute or two would draw screamers in.

In the past we have been told that tools, gunfire, and ever farting from the chili would raise it (brief: in A12 when smell still worked, I was carrying 55 meat, alot at the time, and drew screamers just standing around doing nothing). Conclusion, the fires are predictable, everything else seems to be either random, not measured properly, or broken.

Screamers need a health boost. When I hear them, by the time I get to my shooting battlements they are dead on the first Iron Spike they hit. No scream, no fun, no EXP.

Haha this reminds me of something. After having no zombie activity for over an hour in game we walked out of our base and saw a screamer. My wife went to shoot it and I yelled at her to leave it be, and we watched her walk around. Took almost a minute before she screamed. Wife one shotted her with Bow (Compound). She called 5 zombies.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Good to know guys, thanks for the feedback. Could just be random, it was only a 3-4 sample group :)

Yeah keep us updated.

This sounds interesting.

Perhaps there's something in that part of the map that's creating heat?

It doesn't sound right.

Unless you've got 50 torches around they really shouldn't be doing much.

Yeah keep us updated.

This sounds interesting.

Perhaps there's something in that part of the map that's creating heat?

It doesn't sound right.

Unless you've got 50 torches around they really shouldn't be doing much.

So, after another few in games days (pre-forges) we were still getting to 3-4 screamers throughout the day/night cycle. It's all good because they can't get to us. Still odd though. Now we have about 12-15 forges going at any given time so they come around the clock lol. I will say we do have about 25-30 torches up within a 20x60 block area. Still didn't think that would warrant constant screamers lol.

Archived