Porting World folder to Upgraded Server

MonkyD

Technical question, I run a dedicated server and whilst I warned my group that best practice is to start fresh each update. I've got more than a few upset players who would like to continue with the current world until stable is released (when I've told them we will be switching from Navzgane to a fresh Random Gen.

Simply copying the old world folder over and using the same game name in the settings doesn't seem to have worked. Whilst I could connect, I died immediately and spawned as a level one with a fresh map (albeit halfway through the starter quests!).

Does anyone know best practice for porting worlds? I have explained that they may likely be incompatible or missing new features but I have offered to do my best for the guys. Even just keeping their character details would be nice although the patch notes do say perks have changed so again I assume there will be compatibility issues.

Cheers.

Also check your serverconfig file to make sure your set persistent player. There were changes to the serverconfig file and a number of new settings. If you copied back your old serverconfig file it won't work. Good to copy/backup the save files before upgrading to the latest experimental build. But as said before, some changes just break a save no matter what you do.

Archived