Primary/secondary attack changes and harvesting...

Deceptive Pastry

At least i can still play (atm strictly better) a16.4 modedd i guess, ...

Other than a fifteen day challenge I'm doing atm, I'm the same.

I'll be playing A16.4 for awhile longer.

That's fine right?

We're still having fun.

So many Mods for A16 too so it's extra fun.

If I hit a rock five times and get say 100 stone....

.... then it's changed....

... and now I hit a rock ten times and get the same amount of stone....

...that's BORING!

You forgot to list the time it takes to hit the rock five and ten times.

We are comparing power attack(old) to normal attack(now) here, right? Power attack(old) was slow and you needed stamina regen pauses. Normal attack(new) takes more hits but is faster and practically needs nearly no regen pause.

I didn't time it, so your point may still stand, but for me the time to get those 100 rocks would be the interesting metric.

You forgot to list the time it takes to hit the rock five and ten times.

We are comparing power attack(old) to normal attack(now) here, right? Power attack(old) was slow and you needed stamina regen pauses. Normal attack(new) takes more hits but is faster and practically needs nearly no regen pause.

I didn't time it, so your point may still stand, but for me the time to get those 100 rocks would be the interesting metric.

Yeah I think at some point I need to just time it.

Right now I am perceiving a longer, slower process.

In the end that's the most important thing.

Stamina usage certainly makes it slower but that's another variable.

[Coffee and Beer used to mitigate this.... not so much anymore.]

Well, fireaxes and steel pickaxe had a secondary attack speed modifier of -0.3, so essentially 70% as fast. But did 3x block damage. So the old way of spamming secondaries was no doubt faster for the first 2-3 blocks until stamina use caught up with you. The iron pickaxe on the other hand oddly had no secondary speed modifier (still doesn't), it's just as fast as primary and did 3x damage to blocks. They also slowed down the iron pickaxe by 5 attacks per minute this update.

Not factoring any perks:

Old iron pickaxe power attacking: 54 block dmg (stone), 60 atks per min = 3240 dmg per min

New iron pickaxe primary attacking: 43 block dmg (stone), 55 atks per min = 2365 dmg per min

Stamina usage on the power attacks was a limiting factor though early game, didn't have issues mid-game.

Factoring in only lvl 5 miner69r and the lvl 10 strength needed:

Old iron pickaxe: 90 block dmg (stone), 5400 dmg per min

New iron pickaxe primary attacking: 130 block dmg (stone), 7150 dmg per min

So yea, thanks to the buff to base damage and the way the +45% stone damage modifier applies after all of the percent adds from perks, at end-game they should end up faster than before if I did that right. Don't care to find out exactly where the breakpoint is.

Archived