Bonus resources gone again

Slingblade2040

They said in the bug thread this is intended. That the bonus was actually the bug.

Nah, you still get the bonus. Its a bug that you dont get it if you exactly destroy the HPs instead of having 1HP+ overkill from the last strike I believe. So it you are whacking away at intervals of 10 with a stone axe, u usually exactly destroy the HPs instead of getting an overkill shot.

Workaround would be to punch the boulder/tree once before you start whacking away at it. Then you would get the bonus. (if you just started fresh with no perks and are doing 10 damage with a stone axe)

I think.. not sure.. that they plan to remove the bonus and adjust the normal yields higher, thats what the "bonus is the bug" comment was referring to.

It makes sense for you to get a huge bonus when the tree comes down though, to signify you are getting the whole remainder of the trees wood. I mean, who cuts down a tree and only takes the scraps from the part they cut that flew off as they cut?

Ya, still getting the bonus. Ive perked stuff now tho, it much less likely to happen once you are doing more damage to the blocks because you arent doing damage 10 at a time anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

It makes sense for you to get a huge bonus when the tree comes down though, to signify you are getting the whole remainder of the trees wood. I mean, who cuts down a tree and only takes the scraps from the part they cut that flew off as they cut?

Honestly I was just speculating from context clues in a couple different post from a couple different people about that, dont take it to heart yet, idk what they are planning at all.

I seem to recall that the "bonus" was a selling-point when we transitioned from the old all-the-resources-at-the-end of chopping a tree down, to the little-bit-per-chop system we have today. I like the "bonus" for finishing the job for lots of reasons.

-Morloc

I seem to recall that the "bonus" was a selling-point when we transitioned from the old all-the-resources-at-the-end of chopping a tree down, to the little-bit-per-chop system we have today. I like the "bonus" for finishing the job for lots of reasons.

-Morloc

Yeah removing it is a mistake!

I'm flat out saying it.

There are entire games build on the premise that our brains give tiny little dopamine rushes when exited.

Candy Crush and all those like it come to mind.

Having a little bonus at the end of chopping a tree triggers that same reaction.

Furthermore, not having it makes the last hit on a tree less efficient.

Players SHOULD get more for taking on a larger tree. It just makes sense.

I think TFP really need to bring in some outside influence to their meetings.

A game developer removing the mechanics that trigger dopamine is ridiculous.

People WANT that rush.

This is absurd!

I'm a supporter of A17 and of TFP but this is a mistake!

I'll be modding it back in.

Shaking my head at the ignorance of whomever thought this was a good idea at TFP.

I'm flat out saying it.

There are entire games build on the premise that our brains give tiny little dopamine rushes when exited.

Having a little bonus at the end of chopping a tree triggers that same reaction.

People WANT that rush.

This is absurd!

Shaking my head at the ignorance of whomever thought this was a good idea at TFP.

Hopefully they can elaborate on the change. I do agree with you though. It was a nice incentive. I have many memories of...."its almost night time.....just one more hit, just one more hit....." ahh dopamine rush. :)

No it really isn't, the coding is a mess, after a year and a half of development in this apha, it should be better, stop excusing it.

Name 1 game that is anything nearly as good as 7 days- with voxel tech? Nothing I can find! Empyrion might be number 2- and it isn't as good a game imo- and also has bugs and odd design choices.

Fun Pimps make some choices I don't agree with... but ultimately it's THEIR game to make, and the fact remains...

They are the world leaders at making this kind of game- by having shoddy programming eh? With such a high standard do you like ANY voxel sandbox dev team out there?

What you should say is "this part" of the game has shoddy programming. That would be more acceptable. And when you have a game that does as much as 7 days does-(that all the other games NINTENDON'T!) yes, yes you should expect bugs like this to be typical. Name 1 huge sandbox game that doesn't?

Now to the rest of you...

I AM THE MUTHER FRICKIN INTERNET POLICE! AND THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER TALK ABOUT DOPE!

If I catch anyone getting high of the street drug known as 7-2-harvest, I will lock your asses up for a very long time in the internet prison! DO YOU HEAR ME!?

Getting high off of cutting a tree down- what has this world come to.

Now if you'll scuse me, I got glue to go sniff... What? I just like the smell. It's important internet police work!

Name 1 game that is anything nearly as good as 7 days- with voxel tech? Nothing I can find! Empyrion might be number 2- and it isn't as good a game imo- and also has bugs and odd design choices.

Fun Pimps make some choices I don't agree with... but ultimately it's THEIR game to make, and the fact remains...

They are the world leaders at making this kind of game- by having shoddy programming eh? With such a high standard do you like ANY voxel sandbox dev team out there?

What you should say is "this part" of the game has shoddy programming. That would be more acceptable. And when you have a game that does as much as 7 days does-(that all the other games NINTENDON'T!) yes, yes you should expect bugs like this to be typical. Name 1 huge sandbox game that doesn't?

Now to the rest of you...

I AM THE MUTHER FRICKIN INTERNET POLICE! AND THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER TALK ABOUT DOPE!

If I catch anyone getting high of the street drug known as 7-2-harvest, I will lock your asses up for a very long time in the internet prison! DO YOU HEAR ME!?

Getting high off of cutting a tree down- what has this world come to.

Now if you'll scuse me, I got glue to go sniff... What? I just like the smell. It's important internet police work!

*Tree falls down* what was that? I was recovering from chopping a tree down and didnt hear you.....:p

O.O

PUT THE AXE DOWN! PUT IT DOWN!

Your next bloodmoon is going to be nothing but zombie police! We are coming with a WARRANT- to your base- to forcefully arrest you! And you better expect a legion of our K9 squad too!

Filthy filthy dope addicts! HOW DARE YOU GET HIGH ON WOOD!

I'm flat out saying it.

People WANT that rush.

This is absurd!

Woah...Mountain Dew on your Super Sugar Crisp was NOT a good idea. Put the spoon down. Back away from the breakfast table.

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

-Morloc (lol)

Woah...Mountain Dew on your Super Sugar Crisp was NOT a good idea. Put the spoon down. Back away from the breakfast table.

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

-Morloc (lol)

Lol I know I was a bit "energetic with that post.

Thing is, Morloc, I have difficulty watching companies that should know better, should be doing better, make stupid mistakes simply because they aren't adopting even the simplest techniques that have been market tested over and over.

Corporations make these mistakes too and there's just no excuse.

Humans sit in meetings and discuss what should be done and [in these cases] no one has the common sense to check the Market research.

- WHY do mobile games draw three times more money than all other games combined?

- Do we have some of those elements?

- Can we incorporate some and maintain integrity?

Questions like these just aren't being asked.

Here's a perfect situation where TFP is making a rookie error and they have been around long enough to know better.

I'm just not letting it slide.

Like I said, I support TFP and I like A17 but this mistake highlights some REAL ignorance issues within the development staff.

Did any of these guys even go to University to study Business? Like.... even one?

Archived