How to reduce temperature / sunny effects

Trixtah

Hello im playing alpha 17 generally at desert biom i got base , exploring desert . Im wearing nothing on me just some cowboy hat that reduce temperature , but still all the time im getting more temperature getting warming need to drink water etc . I know that i can go to hide in buildings , but still its the biggest hard problem . Game telling me to wear something to reduce temperature.

Well i noticed something else!

If you type in "weathersurvival off" in the console command window, and you get out to the desert- or the snow biome you still get overheated or undercooled! This wasn't the case in A16! When you turned it off in A16 it stayed off! Now you if turn it off, it stays effective, seemingly the command doesn't work properly anymore.

I think the weather survival feature is a bit broken.

Well i noticed something else!

If you type in "weathersurvival off" in the console command window, and you get out to the desert- or the snow biome you still get overheated or undercooled! This wasn't the case in A16! When you turned it off in A16 it stayed off! Now you if turn it off, it stays effective, seemingly the command doesn't work properly anymore.

I think the weather survival feature is a bit broken.

in a16 it only stayed off in the region you were in. If you went to another region, it did not stick.

in a16 it only stayed off in the region you were in. If you went to another region, it did not stick.

I couldn't get it to work at all last night. Standing in the snow and typed "weathersurvival off" and temp stayed at 49. Additionally still had the starting jacket icon buff active (2hrs left) Step in poi and I'm no longer cold. Them moment my feet hit snow - Cold. Go into house we were using as base and cold buff would not go away, even using console command.

The last build I never used the console command but yet temp never changed from 70. So yes weather survival still seems broken.

Archived