221 patchnotes

Kalarro

I am reading the new patch notes and I got some questions:

• AI destroy area to check more often and last 2 seconds longer
    What does that mean?

• Removed AstarPath calling GC Collect, which causes lag spikes when new path grids made
    Sounds like this is the lag happening when zombies spawn. It will be awesome if it's fixed. A question tho. If I understand this correctly, the lag is caused by the path to you beeing calculated on a new zombie. How can this happen only when he spawns? You are constantly moving after all, why did we have a lagspike when calculating when a zombie spawned, but not after that. Shouldnt it be calculating all the time? Just courious about it.

• Reduced zombie kill XP
    Great, but they said they were pairing this change with an increase on building/gathering. I dont see that.

• All mining ores have unique textures again
    Is a world restart needed for this?

• Item quality
    I dont see any fix or known issue about the bug where quality items dont have the corresponding mod slots.

1. Not sure

2. Also not sure

3. They reduced zombie xp by 27% and upped "passive" xp, which I believe is things such as farming resources and building/upgrading so overall the xp gain/progression is relatively similar but supports playstyles other than the fighter a little more.

4. Pretty sure that is a yes.

5. I believe there might have been a workaround in game for that, otherwise you can simply melt the tool down into the forge and remake to hopefully get the correct number of mod slots. The workaround was possibly staying in your inventory/workbench as the tool crafted instead of closing it although that might have been the fix for the craft timer bonus not working correctly.

3. They reduced zombie xp by 27% and upped "passive" xp, which I believe is things such as farming resources and building/upgrading so overall the xp gain/progression is relatively similar but supports playstyles other than the fighter a little more.

I dont see anything about that passive xp increase in the patchnotes. Have you read it somewhere or just noticed it ingame?

I dont see anything about that passive xp increase in the patchnotes. Have you read it somewhere or just noticed it ingame?

I believe Madmole said something along those lines but I cannot find the post currently. Although I did think it was weird that I didn't see that in the patch notes

I believe Madmole said something along those lines but I cannot find the post currently. Although I did think it was weird that I didn't see that in the patch notes

But that is what I was refering with my comment. That madmole said they were going to do it, but it is not in the patchnotes. Making me think they finally didnt do it.

1. that (as far as I can tell) means that they will prefer destroying other blocks, even when there is an "obvious" path, making them a bit less hyperintelligent.

That would be awesome. But what have those 2 seconds longer they mention have to do with this?

AI destroy area to check more often and last 2 seconds longer

What does that mean?

When the player is unreachable the zombies start to destroy the surrounding blocks. It seems the change is that the AI checks more often if the player is unreachable and the zombies stops the destruction with a bit of delay if the player becomes reachable.

Removed AstarPath calling GC Collect, which causes lag spikes when new path grids made

Sounds like this is the lag happening when zombies spawn. It will be awesome if it's fixed. A question tho. If I understand this correctly, the lag is caused by the path to you beeing calculated on a new zombie. How can this happen only when he spawns? You are constantly moving after all, why did we have a lagspike when calculating when a zombie spawned, but not after that. Shouldnt it be calculating all the time? Just courious about it.

Re-Calculating the pathing all the time would cost way to much on CPU Time. It seems that the pathing is only recalculated every few seconds or when a new zombies spawns in. And it seems the zombies shares the pathing information which leads to the conga lines on horde night.

When the player is unreachable the zombies start to destroy the surrounding blocks. It seems the change is that the AI checks more often if the player is unreachable and the zombies stops the destruction with a bit of delay if the player becomes reachable.

ah this makes sense

Re-Calculating the pathing all the time would cost way to much on CPU Time. It seems that the pathing is only recalculated every few seconds or when a new zombies spawns in. And it seems the zombies shares the pathing information which leads to the conga lines on horde night.

Oh damn. I hate that conga line, but if it's bc of optimization instead of just a design choice, I see less probabilities of it beeing changed :/

Archived