Thoughts on the balancing and changes in b221

InSanity

Maybe try run for day time?

It has nothing to do with distances. They are all adjustments to a zombie's speed when they are aggroed.

All zombies now have a min and max aggro speed. The five settings use these blend values to determine what speed between min and max is used.

0, .35, .65, 1, 1.2

Walk (0) is using the min aggro speed.

Sprint (1) is using the max aggro speed.

Nightmare (1.2) is using the max aggro speed times 1.2.

rwg is looking much better, still some issues with poi placements but in general seems much better. Seems quite a bit smoother too with less lag. Running seems to have had a fix too, faster and less stamina usage. lots more big buildings appearing, only other things noted are burnt/wasteland biomes appearing too often( maybe just seeds i tried) and zs jumping underwater. All pretty positive so far!

They increased the "passive" xp and reduced the zombie kill xp by 27% to encourage a broader range of playstyles versus just kill zombies and level up.

Where does it say they increased the "passive" XP? There's nothing in the notes whatsoever concerning XP gain changes, except for the fact that zombie kills have been nerfed. All they have done is slow down player leveling as a whole (which was probably needed).

No one asked to nerf XP from killing, everyone wanted more XP from other activities

Actually, quite a few people asked for the XP for zombie killing to be reduced. I know because I was one of them.

It's probably irrelevant anyway, though. The changes that the devs are making to balance the game are based on their feeling of what is balanced - it's not a popularity contest with the side that gets the most people asking (or demanding!) getting their way.

The kill xp reduction was needed. It was just too efficient to just kill zombies. Now gathering and building xp needs to be raised ofc (if it hasnte been raised yet, notes dont say it tho).

I think they are buffing gathering/building XP only by association. i.e. the zombie kill XP has been nerfed, so in theory every other type of XP gain has been buffed, in comparison. lol. Net result: slower leveling, slower progress, no forge before day 7 (probably), basically more time spent in the earliest part of the game that most players no longer enjoy because it can be tedious.

Edit: I am for the nerf to zombie kill experience, (though they really should have nerfed it hard in co-op as it is ridiculous there). However I don't think this change should have been made without a buff in other XP sources. Just a little buff.

Every skill does just this "Looting is faster. Narrow down buried treasure locations to x meters". Nothing about better loot at level 3 , 4 and 5

That's because it never did anything meaningful? I mean what exactly does "better loot" mean in A17 when you can craft every item in the game guaranteed?

For me this would mean I loot some Glue, Gunpowder or Bones. Looting a level 3 Shotgun instead of a level 2 Shotgun means nothing whatsoever.

No idea why devs doing this, I mean nerfing fun and increasing tediousness?

B208 :

Killers are happy because of good xp from killing

Crafters not happy because of bad xp from crafting

what devs do? nerf xp for killing. what we get?

B221:

Killers not happy because slow leveling

Crafters not happy because slow leveling

Have a good day :)

That's because it never did anything meaningful? I mean what exactly does "better loot" mean in A17 when you can craft every item in the game guaranteed?

For me this would mean I loot some Glue, Gunpowder or Bones. Looting a level 3 Shotgun instead of a level 2 Shotgun means nothing whatsoever.

Better loot means you get higher quality item from loot instead of crafting. Higher quality means you can add more mods. Also, you could find better items long before you could craft them. Seems like a huge advantage. Remove this and looting becomes even more pointless because you can craft/buy everything instead of loot. Exploration destroyed...

B208 :

B221:

Yeah, but they have addressed my complaint that I was OP and had every item in the game by day 30 (level 100) meaning I never have to loot again. Now it'll take me till day 40 to become that OP and never have to loot again. Think of it as a ton of new content - but in the form of more time spent in the early game when you can't do anything due to having no stamina, and fighting enemies is tedious in the extreme.

To be honest:

Looting and exporation was already destroyed with the 0-600 to 0-6 Quality nerf, and the removal of books for learning. Currently you can only hope that some of the big mods (starvation, undead legacy, ....) come out and safe whats left from the good experience of this game.

Where does it say they increased the "passive" XP? There's nothing in the notes whatsoever concerning XP gain changes, except for the fact that zombie kills have been nerfed. All they have done is slow down player leveling as a whole (which was probably needed).

I asked him in another topic and he was only saying it bc they said they were going to do it, before the patch. So no, it seems it hasnt been raised. Yet (I hope)

Better loot means you get higher quality item from loot instead of crafting. Higher quality means you can add more mods. Also, you could find better items long before you could craft them. Seems like a huge advantage. Remove this and looting becomes even more pointless because you can craft/buy everything instead of loot. Exploration destroyed...

I guarantee you will never have enough mods for the slot count to matter. By the time you do have enough mods to fill 5 slots, you will be able to craft tier 6 items.

Even if a single point in Lucky Looter immediately made everything you looted tier 6, it would still be an absolutely useless skill. Why would you spend points in any skill that will soon be rendered completely useless just by leveling Int??

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest:

Looting and exporation was already destroyed with the 0-600 to 0-6 Quality nerf, and the removal of books for learning.

Exactly my point. Looting as a pass-time is already dead in A17 due to perks allowing you have everything in the game by a certain level, guaranteed. THIS was the key problem that needed addressed here.

To be honest:

Looting and exporation was already destroyed with the 0-600 to 0-6 Quality nerf, and the removal of books for learning. Currently you can only hope that some of the big mods (starvation, undead legacy, ....) come out and safe whats left from the good experience of this game.

Yes. As a builder Im mostly always talking about the nerfing of building changes. But this bothers me a lot too. Not needing to go out and find recipes, and item quality beeing much less useful, makes finding new towns and buildings to loot more useless/uninteresting

B208 :

B221:

You are wrong sir.

Madmole has stated persistant XP has been increased.

So you will gain more XP from farming, mining, trading etc.

So not nerfed, but balanced.

#Hatersgonnahate

Yeah, but they have addressed my complaint that I was OP and had every item in the game by day 30 (level 100) meaning I never have to loot again. Now it'll take me till day 40 to become that OP and never have to loot again. Think of it as a ton of new content - but in the form of more time spent in the early game when you can't do anything due to having no stamina, and fighting enemies is tedious in the extreme.

But its easy not to become OP by day 30. You have so many options for that, no need for any nerfing :) 1. Reduce day light time, so you can achieve less per day 2. Increase dificulty level to slow down xp from zombie killing 3. Reduce loot % and so on

The patch notes say nothing about this. What's your actual source?

Are we saying they suck at patch notes too?

Madmole mentioned this in a post to a troller in the Bug Report for EXP 221 about 6-7 hours ago.

However the troll-post and MM response has been removed to keep the post/topic clean.

They don't suck at patch notes, but they could have forgotten a line.

Making a human mistake is not sucking.

Unless you mistake your girlfriend for her brother.

Then you start sucking.

#hatersgonnahate

Here we go again.

as you wish

Lucky looter not so lucky anymore, the luck removed from the skill.

Hmm, now i am courious where the better loot is bound to. Can be bad but can be good too. One obligatory skill less

Stamina usage so high that cant even destroy 1/3 of rock without a rest.

Yes, and no more coffee in 90% of the Vending machines, annoys the hell out of me too.

XP reduced by 30% per kill.

On easy 120 min days, day 2 level 20+

314B3BAF3BB5A609C0741D63EFA793CE60C425CB

(you see the bike ? ^^)

Sad ...

Sorry no stamina to answer that

Archived