The game is still salvageable.

R0bb0b

No. What was asked for was that zombie XP be reduced and all other XP sources buffed, so the player was not impelled to kill zombies over all other activities. They only did the first part.

Well, yes I meant that. Zombie xp needed nerfing, and theyve done it. Gather/building xp needs still buffing ofc. But there was a post of madmole saying they were going to about doubling it, so Im only thinking they havent done it yet, not that they wont.

Well, yes I meant that. Zombie xp needed nerfing, and theyve done it. Gather/building xp needs still buffing ofc. But there was a post of madmole saying they were going to about doubling it, so Im only thinking they havent done it yet, not that they wont.

And they just didn;t realise that doing one without the other was going to have a huge negative impact on the game. I mean, it HAS to be trolling us, either way. No other explanation fits.

I know that the biggest gripe against learning while doing is spam crafting.

Make better crafting a perk like it is now and spam crafting is no longer an issue. All other skills can't really be spammed. For example, getting better at archery would require using the bow/crossbow. Getting better at melee would mean using club/machete. Getting better at mining would mean breaking blocks with mining tools. Getting better at building would mean placing blocks. Etc., etc., etc. Can't spam those things, you just do them.

I'm generally ok with the perk system, I think the level gating thing is BS. The stamina damage thing is bull, though using with sickness status effects is a nice mechanic. I'm even OK with needing a certain intelligence level to build a particular thing, but I'm not ok with buying the recipes. The books, and the rarity of them was a big draw for exploration. I'm probably one of a very few that thinks this, but on the whole the perk/leveling system of A16.4 was fine. All I was looking for out of this release was more content (jeeps, motorcycles), the graphics optimizations that I thought were coming with the Unity update, and some zombie pathing bug fixes. They delivered on everything but the performance thing, but it's still early yet, the perk and leveling stuff didn't need to be messed with. The mod system is nice, but I was fine with gun parts etc. As far as making this playable/enjoyable, lose the stamina damage thing. The stamina thing was annoying in a16.4, but now it's almost single handedly making me not want to play the game anymore. It's just not worth the time sink to deal with this hurry up and wait stamina system.

Archived