a forgotten civilization in 7days

Simmens

Way worse when you're playing at two am as well.

All the weird crap I've experienced at that time of night playing one thing or another.... yeeeesh!

The worst, to this day was .... Black and White... I think it's called???

You were a god and had to train your animal/demi-god thingie and build up your people.

Anyway.... one night I'm playing waaaay too late and I keep hearing a voice whispering.

At first I thought I was imagining it.

Then I heard it again...

"Deeeeeath."

Seriously chills went up my spine and I was so glad no one saw the look on my face.

That scared the crap out of me.

And then again...

"Deeeeath."

Hahaha turns out it was the game!

Apparently when one of the population dies it says that.

HOOOOOOLY smokes was I relieved!

aklVbmJ.gif

As good of a thread as any to propose my personal mixing of D&D and 7d2d, which considering i only play in single player games was only in my head until i shared it now.

When i pretend my survivor is a hobbit, i use pistols and traps and build my base to have an outward appearance of cobblestone with sod on the roof/sides. Hobbits have incredible gardens and i focus on food, cleverly hiding and sneaking whenever I can. It's a very slow and deliberate play style.

When i pretend to be a dwarf, i use shotguns and clubs and dig a very deep stone fortress with a lot of doors. I also try to build a "great forge" which consists of about 8 forges plased back to back on cental brick hearth and chimney. Very heavy armor and i usually rush my foes (as dwarfs are very good sprinters- doncha know?).

Elf = sniper rifles, bows, and blades with a tree top bungalow. (Never let those filthy zombies touch you). My fort has gotta be as pretty as you can make something in 7d2d. As such, i always try to mix some snowy white tree seeds into either a desert or boreal forest to make it look magical. Also choosing a mountain site with a nice view of a lake is totally worth it.

Orcs = any type of weapon but absolutely no farming. I lead a nomadic life trying to utilize other people's forges and work benches so I'm not tied down.

Most forts are simply digging back into a hillside for the night wherever i am and blocking the hole behind me. And digging my way out in the morning. It's invigorating! I also know it's dumb, but i eat rotten meat and raw eggs - and a lot of antibiotics!

Each has it's own play style and i had it down to a tee in 16.4. Now we are on A17, and I'm just trying to get a toon to day 2 without dying once, but I'm sure I'll get back soon enough.

Hope you enjoyed my rambling and it might spark some ideas or interest for you.

Happy hunting!

When I used to mod for a server I'd find the perpetually mining players and stand in the wall they're mining on. Start mouth breathing, you see them pause and look around. They keep digging after finding nothing. When they break the rock, they'd see me there and piss their pants when I play a scream from a soundboard lol...

When I used to mod for a server I'd find the perpetually mining players and stand in the wall they're mining on. Start mouth breathing, you see them pause and look around. They keep digging after finding nothing. When they break the rock, they'd see me there and piss their pants when I play a scream from a soundboard lol...

I probably would have shrieked too lol

Archived