EAC Sandbox Not Active (Dummy Client)

MikeRavo

Hi everyone

Out of nowhere I am unable to connect to any servers and get the message EAC Sandbox Not Active (Dummy Client). So far I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and both repaired and reinstalled EAC in the game folder. Any help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Settings !!!

Hi everyone

Out of nowhere I am unable to connect to any servers and get the message EAC Sandbox Not Active (Dummy Client). So far I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and both repaired and reinstalled EAC in the game folder. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Mike this generally happens when you have changed a setting while the steamclients still running and instead of restarting steam you've clicked cancel.

Another reason this happens is that you haven't fully allowed through firewall. example its ticked for private but yet your running through public or when you have received a firewall notification you've clicked cancel. this only ever happens if you've reset your firewall to default policy after installing the game. Change it to match you network status or tick access to both private and public.

ONLY if your aware of this risks and you know your home network is secure.

Finally If your account is a standard account and your running steam in admin mode e.g asking for password on run, you will also need to goto C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyAntiCheat and allow that through the firewall too (GENERALLY THE MAIN REASON IN WINDOWS 10 and A17. and takes you out of sandbox mode

Hope this helps, Ari :smile-new:

- - - Updated - - -

Id just go with disable EAC via 7d2d start menu and disable EAC on any server. xD

EAC has been a bane for this games existence since ive been playing.

Indeed its been a nightmare but I wouldn't advise disabling it. unless your playing single player. much has been done to EAC in 17 and its been long awaited. If people do disable EAC remember you'll need to re-enable to play on EAC servers

- - - Updated - - -

Common solutions are...

Allowing EAC through the firewall and excluding it from security software.

Restarting Steam.

Restarting your PC.

Un-installing and re-installing EAC.

1st Method used. Found here for quickest method C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\EasyAntiCheat

And as Sylen wrote, come out of everything and restart PC one of the biggest things people miss is this. when you change anything settings wise a PC restart always ensures a SnapShot of your last and freash action. this doesnt just apply to EAC or 7DTD but anything conflicting where settings and program changes have been made.

xD

You do not need to restart to enable or disable EAC. Well, so long as you're not running Windows 3.11 on top of DOS 6.22. EAC does not normally run all the time, only when a game requests it to start. In other words, if you start 7 Days without EAC enabled, it does not start. If you start 7 Days with EAC support, the service starts up in the background and it runs.

My personal preference is to leave EAC uninstalled and disabled because, much like BattlEye, it has been caught running when games are NOT active and sending desktop screenshots out. Also, an anti-cheat does NOT need the same level of access to my system that a driver does. The last time I checked I cannot go to Best Buy and purchase a PCI-E card which does aimbot/wallhack/whatever in every game known to man. Most cheats are executeable files which the user runs. This means it runs in their context, not as a driver. I have yet to see a cheat that runs as a driver.

Archived