Vehicles speed

Ttocs

Yep, the vehicle speeds are a bit disappointment.

Also the sound compared to current speed make it funny.

I ask Devs to make Motorbike and 4x4 more faster in next update

Especially the car, sounds like trying to drive 80km/h in first gear.

You freakin geniuses just saved my pinky. NO MORE HOLDING SHIFT! YAY!

And maybe now vehicles can go fast enough to actually jump instead of always hugging the terrain because they move soo slow.

With the defaults in my mod you will get air all the time. And a lot of it. The cars have awesome physics and quite often will flip around insanely. Very very funny

Also- after I changed the speeds of the vehicles, I also changed the HOPforce value so I could do big jumps with the hop key- on all vehicles! Really easy to do, I recommend you players do that. It really helps to stop vehicles from getting stuck and then sinking into glitch hell.

Stasis- what is the name of your mod?

Also- after I changed the speeds of the vehicles, I also changed the HOPforce value so I could do big jumps with the hop key- on all vehicles! Really easy to do, I recommend you players do that. It really helps to stop vehicles from getting stuck and then sinking into glitch hell.

Oh this sounds like it's got potential for some serious fun!!

Time to mess around!

RYCXziB.gif

At least the minibike doesnt go so fast you cant load the chunks quick enough anymore :p you used to have to slow down because you'd outpace the chunk loading xD

the 4x4 may not be as fast as some want it to be but look at that storage :p the mini bike and motorcylce are great for storage when you get them as well. Lets you loot extra stuff before heading back home from your 2k+ away looting/questing time.

I keep nothing in vehicle storage, nothing. I have had 4 motorcycles, 2 minibikes, 1 bicycle, and a partridge and pear tree disappear on me. No thanks lol.

I do it a bit differently, I build minibike -> motorbike. No need for anything else. Bicycle to me is pointless. I would rather wait a couple more levels and use the minibike for a back to my motorbike.

You, sir, are insane. But I am curious as to why you'd do this!! The mini-bike and the cycle have the same max speed but only the mini-bike uses Gas. So, apart from 1 extra row of storage, the mini-bike has no advantages over the cycle and comes 10 levels later. So why do you do this??

You, sir, are insane. But I am curious as to why you'd do this!! The mini-bike and the cycle have the same max speed but only the mini-bike uses Gas. So, apart from 1 extra row of storage, the mini-bike has no advantages over the cycle and comes 10 levels later. So why do you do this??

I do it this way because I don't find the bicycle enjoyable tbh. I know I'm in the minority with that statement, however I like having the minibike as a back up incase someone dies in my server and needs to go get their stuff, or bike ect... I actually made a community box and call it the Minibike of Shame box lmao. I like the Motorcycle best and think the 4x4 is too slow and a waste of resources. the Gyrocopter was fun to just open up some wasteland map, but I think that is waste of resources as well and verrrrrry rarely used. 2 people on my server have them and they are maybe used 1-2 times every 14 in game days lmao.

Stasis- what is the name of your mod?

ZoomyCarsMod :)

Don't ever build the minibike, it's a waste of resources.

Go for Bicycle -> Motorbike -> 4x4

Motorbike is quickest vehicle and 4v4 has the most space.

Yea, this, I don't understand why its essentially the same speed as the bicycle and requires fuel.

Hi All

Dont know if you noticed but the new vehicles and the minibike itself seem quite slow

My dissapointment when i finally got the motorbike hoping for it to be quicker but not. Feels like the minibike in a16 was faster =(

Not tried the 4x4 yet so maybe it will be better.

I know its intensive on systems when you have a fast one but wasn't performance going to get better so i was hoping speeds would be higher too.

Would it be an easy thing to mod?

Does anyone feel the same? Not seen this really spoke about from what i've read.

cheers

Hey, without a modlet you can alter the speed and gas consumption of all vehicles, but after tweaking everything the motorbike is my new favorite. Go into the vehicle xml file and under <vehicle name="vehicleMotorcycle"> I changed this line with these values <property name="velocityMax" value="10, 35"/> then I changed this line with this value <property name="fuelKmPerL" value="45"/> just changing those two made a big difference, making the velocity higher than 35 was pushing it and harder to stay on the road, I have to take my finger of the excellerate key allot. Goodluck

Modlets do the same thing as manual xml edits. The main difference being if the said xml is changed, as happens with steam updates to the game, then your xml changes are reapplied. So unless pimps completely change xml structure, which is unlikely at this point, your edits are retained through version updates to the game.

And if they do completely change the xml, then you have an easier time updating your xml edits ;)

Modlets do the same thing as manual xml edits. The main difference being if the said xml is changed, as happens with steam updates to the game, then your xml changes are reapplied. So unless pimps completely change xml structure, which is unlikely at this point, your edits are retained through version updates to the game.

And if they do completely change the xml, then you have an easier time updating your xml edits ;)

correct. I am new to modlets, they seem simple enough but I have yet to make any. That is my next goal. First is knowing what I want to change and how it works in the game. But it's a good reminder for those that don't have modlets on their radar

Even if there was difference in speed my PC just can't load the world fast enough so I get mini-freezes if I go faster. But other than that I love the new vehicles, one of the things making A17 actually good. Especially love the bike, as it's what I've always wanted in this game, a silent vehicle faster than walking. And it just feels so much like San Andreas lol, amazing.

The motorbike was so underwhelming we boosted speed up to 25max, to make it faster than the 4x4 so giving it a purpose.

We also added passenger seat on the Bike and 3rd & 4th seats on the back of the 4x4 - but not sure if this is gamebreaking yet as we did get a car bug sometime later but I think this was related to something else I was fiddling with.

2nd seat on the motorbike:

<property class="seat1">

<property name="position" value="0, 0.15, -.401"/>

<property name="rotation" value="-10, 0, 0"/>

<property name="exit" value="-.9,0,0 ~ .9,0,0 ~ 0,0,-1.5 ~ 0,0,1.6 ~ 0,1.5,0"/>

</property>

3/4th seats on 4x4:

<property class="seat2">

<property name="position" value=".6, 1, -1.66"/>

<property name="rotation" value="-5, -90, 0"/>

<property name="exit" value="1.6,0,0 ~ -1.6,0,-1 ~ .4,0,-2.8 ~ .4,0,2.6 ~ .4,2.1,0"/>

</property>

<property class="seat3">

<property name="position" value="-.6, 1, -1.66"/>

<property name="rotation" value="-5, 90, 0"/>

<property name="exit" value="1.6,0,0 ~ -1.6,0,-1 ~ .4,0,-2.8 ~ .4,0,2.6 ~ .4,2.1,0"/>

</property>

• 10 months later...

May someone give me a little help here?

I´m playing with a little modlet from this site, to increase the overall vehicle speed.

The main part works just fine;

but no matter how I edit the modlet xml, the only vehicle that uses a sprint is the bicycle.

As far as I´m reading here, all vehicles should have a turbo mode, right?

Mine doesn´t seem to work.

What might be wrong with that?

(Oh, and by the way, is there already any use for the ingame "modification" menu for vehicles?)

Thanks

I regularly (since A17) mod the speeds (vehicles.xml -> velocityMax) to

• bicycle slower than vanilla (4,8)
  • minibike faster than vanilla bicycle (7,14)
  • motorbike and truck the same, fastest ones (10,20)
  • gyro unchanged

Thus, the bicycle is just fast enough to outrun the zombies, while the motorbike and the truck both actually make FUN to ride fly. (P.S.: I can well imagine stompbox108's fun while setting the upper limit to 35 - you see who is riding motorcycles with enthusiasm in real life...)

I never felt that being unbalanced in any way, but perfectly fitting the progression line and giving a good real reason to desperately try to get a truck.

I would thoroughly recommend making the climb limit much higher: The truck actually is unable to accelerate on wedge blocks (30° incline). It should be able to do things you can do with every off-road truck in real life, thus able to overcome slopes at least 45 degree inclined. I just don't know how to modify it.

And it should get enough clearance to not destroy every inclination starting block, be it building blocks or terrain blocks, when driving over it with normal (not the fastest) speed!

May someone give me a little help here?

I´m playing with a little modlet from this site, to increase the overall vehicle speed.

The main part works just fine;

but no matter how I edit the modlet xml, the only vehicle that uses a sprint is the bicycle.

Maybe link the modlet you are talking about?

Do they have two different velocity values?

Archived