Vehicles speed

Ttocs

Hi All

Dont know if you noticed but the new vehicles and the minibike itself seem quite slow

My dissapointment when i finally got the motorbike hoping for it to be quicker but not. Feels like the minibike in a16 was faster =(

Not tried the 4x4 yet so maybe it will be better.

I know its intensive on systems when you have a fast one but wasn't performance going to get better so i was hoping speeds would be higher too.

Would it be an easy thing to mod?

Does anyone feel the same? Not seen this really spoke about from what i've read.

cheers

I haven't made one, but I got the bicycle, and while it's better than walking everywhere, it's underwhelming. There's no way to coast after "sprinting" on the bike. You have to hold shift just like when on foot. Unless there's a coaster brake mod... I haven't seen one at any rate.

I haven't made one, but I got the bicycle, and while it's better than walking everywhere, it's underwhelming. There's no way to coast after "sprinting" on the bike. You have to hold shift just like when on foot. Unless there's a coaster brake mod... I haven't seen one at any rate.

I don't know about underwhelming.

I avoided the day 7 horde with it just fine.

[Just to see if I could.]

Went into the xml marked vehicles

<property name="velocityMax" value="7, 10"/>

Which number do i change? want it about 50% faster

Those values are normal speed and "sprint".

If you want to save your finger make both numbers the same and ignore sprint [like tons of Modders did in the first week] and make the value 15.

So:

<property name="velocityMax" value="15, 15"/>

Sorted thanks alot, they feel soo much better now god i wish id done that ages ago. Kept normal speed abit lower but restored them to 16 and 18 max for all three ^.^. If i could give rep i would but alas I am of the red square tribe lol.

I so much prefer the bike to the old minibike. In fact, my group hasn't made anything but bicycles when we go out questing, except that we keep one minibike at the base in case someone dies and needs to quickly return to the group. I only wish we could increase the storage capacity.

I can't imagine rendering A17 as fast as the minibike worked in A16, not with the lag and rendering issues we have now.

Those values are normal speed and "sprint".

If you want to save your finger make both numbers the same and ignore sprint [like tons of Modders did in the first week] and make the value 15.

So:

Yeah the Turbo/sprint thing made sense for the bike, but not for the motorized vechicles to me. I might set all vechicles to 15 min/max speed, the progression to me is in storage size. That motorbike has 36 slots, I bet the 4x4 is 45, or higher minimum never built one yet. The minibike is ok to make, it doesn't really use that much resources. In my current game though I never got 2 wheels, or acid till I was past lv 50, so I went from no vechicle right to the motorbike. I got the steel as a trader luckally had a ton in stock.

I so much prefer the bike to the old minibike. In fact, my group hasn't made anything but bicycles when we go out questing, except that we keep one minibike at the base in case someone dies and needs to quickly return to the group. I only wish we could increase the storage capacity.

I can't imagine rendering A17 as fast as the minibike worked in A16, not with the lag and rendering issues we have now.

I set them to the old speeds and get a steady 40fps when travelling around and my system is not great but not crap either, i recommend giving it a try its fun ^^

The vehicles seem very underwhelming in regards to their speeds. The motorcycle and the 4x4 sound like they are hauling a$$ but they feel so slow. I may have to look in to increasing the speeds of the vehicles.

its super easy to change and only takes a min, the line to edit already been quoted above just find that line for each one on the vehicles xml and you're golden. Made them a lot more enjoyable to me and id wish id done it sooner.

dr.toast was wrong though all those vehicles he mentioned have the same speed do not (4x4 was higher than minibike for example) but setting them all higher is defo worth it man.

Next up on my list of edits is resource gathering. Do I edit singular tools? Buffs? Or is there one generic number that I can change to avoid all that hmms

Don't ever build the minibike, it's a waste of resources.

Go for Bicycle -> Motorbike -> 4x4

Motorbike is quickest vehicle and 4v4 has the most space.

I do it a bit differently, I build minibike -> motorbike. No need for anything else. Bicycle to me is pointless. I would rather wait a couple more levels and use the minibike for a back to my motorbike.

its super easy to change and only takes a min, the line to edit already been quoted above just find that line for each one on the vehicles xml and you're golden. Made them a lot more enjoyable to me and id wish id done it sooner.

dr.toast was wrong though all those vehicles he mentioned have the same speed do not (4x4 was higher than minibike for example) but setting them all higher is defo worth it man.

Next up on my list of edits is resource gathering. Do I edit singular tools? Buffs? Or is there one generic number that I can change to avoid all that hmms

Yea, I coulda sworn my 4x4 said it was 10m/s.... maybe I'm forgetful.

In 16.4 The simplest way to edit resourcing was simply to hyper inflate the perk buffs to make it seem like a better investment in those perks.

Currently its still the same.

But mudging around with the forge weights so each one produces more when processed is a viable option too. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Yep, the vehicle speeds are a bit disappointment.

Also the sound compared to current speed make it funny.

I ask Devs to make Motorbike and 4x4 more faster in next update

it is obviously a setting to prevent the scenery doesn't load as fast as the vehicle.

You can change that in the xml if you play solo or manage a server and your pc can support it.

The procedure is explained on the previous page.

At least the minibike doesnt go so fast you cant load the chunks quick enough anymore :p you used to have to slow down because you'd outpace the chunk loading xD

the 4x4 may not be as fast as some want it to be but look at that storage :p the mini bike and motorcylce are great for storage when you get them as well. Lets you loot extra stuff before heading back home from your 2k+ away looting/questing time.

An A17 motorbike is slower than a level 600 engine mini-bike was in A16. I believe this is deliberate because they had issues with chunk loading and vehicles falling through the world when the player was travelling that fast.

The one think I find stupid is that the mini-bike's top speed is the same as the cycle. We pretty much always skip crafting mini-bikes.

Archived