voorhees

Create a new folder in Unity in Assets. Open that folder. Then from your download from Sketchfab, drag the texture folder and the Jason .fbx file into that open Unity folder.

I cant fined assets in unity im using the windows installer do I need to install unity download assents

--up data--

there is a new unity build Unity version 2018.3.0. can I use it?

Yes. Load Unity 2018.2 using the unity download assistant.

I got unity 2018.3 and I did get Jason in unity but I cant do anything with him but I have to Jason's zips I downloaded

they are the same thing but made differently

the first one has to folder a source folder and a texture folder, in the source folder there is a zip that has a tex folder that has jpeg and a fbx and in the texture folder there's jpeg.

the second zip has a texture folder with jpegs, scene.bin file, and a scene.gltf

I'm not sure on what one to use, I tried the first one put the texture folder in and the fbx file, he shows up unity but I cant do anything with him, like I cant give him hit targets or animate him.

when I click on him I get a inspector that pops up and the transform and the animator are greyed out.

so what do I do so they're not greyed out.

You probably should watch a few more tutorial videos that explain the next steps. I made a series of character creation tutorial videos and some on animating the character using mixamo. Its a process with several steps that you will need to learn but its not hard.

You probably should watch a few more tutorial videos that explain the next steps. I made a series of character creation tutorial videos and some on animating the character using mixamo. Its a process with several steps that you will need to learn but its not hard.

I watched your character creation tutorial videos and you didn't finish the set up and animation up for it.

is there one I mist?

Yea, there is one on rigging in Mixamo

I watched all of your tutorial Videos and I did all of it but he will not animate. don't now what I'm doing wrong ill keep at it.

but I was wondering if you could make a tutorial on Animating a imported 3D Entity "like Jason".

if you can do it thank you? and I will be able to see what I did wrong.

• 11 months later...

sup I got Jason to spawn in-game but he will not move in-game he does turn to face u when u get to close and he will hit u but u will not see it.

I can't hit him and when I try to fix the mesh in unity the body part moves with the mesh. I'm loading him in throw XPath and I do have a controller on him. any ideas what could be wrong would be nice.

here's the modlet

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m3cnvk0fgqf1pgp/AAAMYmU08-44YbnM6FGD9c2ua?dl=0

sup I got Jason to spawn in-game but he will not move in-game he does turn to face u when u get to close and he will hit u but u will not see it.

I can't hit him and when I try to fix the mesh in unity the body part moves with the mesh. I'm loading him in throw XPath and I do have a controller on him. any ideas what could be wrong would be nice.

here's the modlet

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m3cnvk0fgqf1pgp/AAAMYmU08-44YbnM6FGD9c2ua?dl=0

You are using A17 movement properties not A18 properties like:

<property name="MoveSpeed" value="0.25"/>

<property name="MoveSpeedAggro" value=".8, .8"/>

<property name="MoveSpeedPanic" value="1.1"/>

And you A17 properties have typos in them like:

<property name="WanderSspeed" value="0.5"/> <property name="NightWanderSspeed" value="0.6"/>

so I fixed it and no go I exchange the XML for the zombieTemplateMale and i kept <property name="AttackAnimation" value="Attack0, Attack1"/> <property name="AttackIndexes" value="2"/>, do I need SDX or DMT to get him to move?

Yes, new entities require custom code, so you need to build this modlet along with the required dependencies with DMT.

If he is not moving in game, it is not the enemy tag causing it, which is E_Enemy. You either built the entity incorrectly in Unity, not building in DMT with the required Sphereii core modlet, or your xml is incorrect. Those are the ones I see all the time. If you want to provide me a link to a place where i can look at the .unitypackage and the mod folder with all the xml your testing with, I should have time this week to see what the problem is. Note, I cannot learn anything useful from the .unity3d file, I need the .unitypackage you build in unity as a different export option.

I replicated your issue. Im not certain of the issue but it seems the rigging is corrupted. Seems there is a mix of humanoid and generic elements in the model. I recommend you blow out the existing rigging them rerig in Mixamo.

Archived