a17 spikes

zymex

The stick spikes are fine. They kill zombies just fine. They obvious get wiped out in places during a horde night, but for the rest of the week they're MORE than enough.

And if you take advantage of the AI in their placement, they're fine on horde night too. Especially once you upgrade them to iron.

Only thing I use the current wood spikes for is to create a path that the zombies will avoid to funnel them where I want them to go. I've used them early game and, in my opinion, they were garbage for stopping zombies.

When I watched a few videos with the new spikes, i've think that is a upgrade to the old wood spikes something like this

1. (old) wood spikes <- weak like the new ones

2. (new) wood spikes <- way less weak than the tier 1

3. (new) iron spikes <- stronger than tier 2

I've (and a few other folks) imaginated that we will have more trap options, not less trap options :/

Only thing I use the current wood spikes for is to create a path that the zombies will avoid to funnel them where I want them to go. I've used them early game and, in my opinion, they were garbage for stopping zombies.

I mean, okay. But I'm playing on the normal mode and they kill zombies pretty quickly. Yeah, they break after a few hits, but it you make a decent-sized 1 block pit for them to walk through, you'll kill a bunch of them on their way to your base. We leave these pits around the perimeter of the base, and leave openings in a 2-high wall that funnels them into the pits. Works like a charm, especially when you upgrade them.

I mean, okay. But I'm playing on the normal mode and they kill zombies pretty quickly. Yeah, they break after a few hits, but it you make a decent-sized 1 block pit for them to walk through, you'll kill a bunch of them on their way to your base. We leave these pits around the perimeter of the base, and leave openings in a 2-high wall that funnels them into the pits. Works like a charm, especially when you upgrade them.

Honestly, the best home base (not horde base) defense I've found is to make blade traps as soon as you can. Get a 2 story building, place blade traps in the cleared out bottom section when you get to that level. Literally 10-15 forges going and no care in the world about screamers, they never even get a chance to scream, they just walk in, you hear the screamer whispers (or whatever you would classify that sound as lol) then you hear her shredded lmao.

I built a base once that looked like an old log fort, using wooden logs with the spikes on top. I'll miss being able to do that from a visual standpoint, but as a defense they were probably OP.

Yeah I'd like to see at least the wooden spike stay in for that reason alone.

Even if it doesn't have spike damage. Just to have it as a decoration block would be nice.

Honestly, the best home base (not horde base) defense I've found is to make blade traps as soon as you can. Get a 2 story building, place blade traps in the cleared out bottom section when you get to that level. Literally 10-15 forges going and no care in the world about screamers, they never even get a chance to scream, they just walk in, you hear the screamer whispers (or whatever you would classify that sound as lol) then you hear her shredded lmao.

Screamers die almost instantly on spikes. She's extremely fragile. The only thing you need blade traps for is actual tough zombies.

Also, is it just me or does she not scream very much anymore? I have pelted her with arrows and still not gotten screams. It seems like it's a lot harder to kill her these days.

Screamers die almost instantly on spikes. She's extremely fragile. The only thing you need blade traps for is actual tough zombies.

Also, is it just me or does she not scream very much anymore? I have pelted her with arrows and still not gotten screams. It seems like it's a lot harder to kill her these days.

Yeah it's like they aren't really paying attention anymore.

XadQnb8.gif

Apparently many people were complaining that she was too sensitive in A16???

Alrighty then.

Yeah it's like they aren't really paying attention anymore.

XadQnb8.gif

Apparently many people were complaining that she was too sensitive in A16???

Alrighty then.

I loot farmed her in A16.4, now in A17e early game, I XP farm her lmao. No winning with the screamer XD

They definatly look better and make more sense (especially the iron ones) problemn is, they are super weak and have no real killing potential and zombies avoid them like some gps system.

So a spikepit would still be nice ;)

If you put the one block down in the ground they happily walk on them.

Personally I agree. The new spike models look a lot better, especially the irons... I'm not even necessarily attached to the leg-splosions from A16. Hell, the new spikes do a hell of a lot of damage... but their HP is ass. Hence why I'm thinking they need a steel upgrade and the HP curve needs tweaked a bit more.

And not "I want 10x the HP" either. Irons have 2x the HP wood does, maybe a bump to 2.5 or 3 might do and steel twice that.

Yea I agree, the low HP is a downside. Hopefully they will add a steel upgrade.

No amount of balancing would have made log spikes look good or dangerous.

We could still keep them in the game as a decorative type block, and have them do no damage. I'm not a fan of removing anything from the game in most cases. The more content, the more variety, the better. :)

Log spikes should do damage around 10x slower in my opinion. Yes, this might be unbalanced in the sense that they would fall below the power curve for most circumstances, but then, the spikes would be just decorations, and there's nothing wrong with those. I think they would be nice, however, for those who build sprawling megabases, and don't want to replace spikes every horde night, especially if log spikes got another damage-per resource efficiency boost.

I loot farmed her in A16.4, now in A17e early game, I XP farm her lmao. No winning with the screamer XD

Heh, exactly. But if she touches our spikes she immediately dies even before we could provoke her! I've stood in absolutely full view pegging her with arrows and had her not scream.

Heh, exactly. But if she touches our spikes she immediately dies even before we could provoke her! I've stood in absolutely full view pegging her with arrows and had her not scream.

So what do you think?

A16 Screamers better than A17?

Or maybe something in the middle?

Archived