Does anyone use the Magazines?

gcomerfo

I'm on the same boat as some others here.

For me, they are simply not worth the inventory space. I either use them instantly, usually not even reading the description or sell them if I happen to have extra space in the inventory.

EDIT: Well, if I were to do something to the magazines, I'd make them have more useful "generic" effects. A good example would be a 30-60min XP multiplier or straight up a free skill point or something (obviously this would have to be a true rarity).

(...) Well, if I were to do something to the magazines, I'd make them have more useful "generic" effects. A good example would be a 30-60min XP multiplier or straight up a free skill point or something (obviously this would have to be a true rarity).

XP multiplier is a good idea for a temp buff indeed. But I think we have that with "Grandpa's learnin' elixir" already.

If they gave a free skill point (instead of xp as I suggested), then you'd end up with more un-usable skill points when hitting the level cap. Can't decide whether that would be good or bad... :D

Good: A means to cut the grind to level 300 shorter.

Bad: Taking away the reward of achieving max level.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the magazine's where the old gun parts so I've been hording them!

That's the new schematics.

Some people play beyond their skill level and die a lot so it would be useful for them to negate the death debuff but that's really situational so pretty worthless overall. As someone said earlier, if you need these to boost important stats like int you have bigger issues.

I'm finding them useful. It's like renting skills for free (only the ones you have available to buy)

Basically I use them for those skills to which I dont put points.

farming? read magazine of miner 69 or mother lode ...

looting? From the shadows, hiden strike, skull Crusher, sexual tyranosaurus ...

؟why not? its free.

Personal experiences,

I read the better barter before going to the traders,

or read living off the land to make seeds without spending that point.

Just other day in mp server buy in trader the Grease Monkey magazine, why? beacause I still need another point to make the bike, and I didnt want to wait.

I think this kind of use, is the most obvious "good" way of using the magazines...

It, however, does not change the fact, that Im not going to waste my time with this micromanaging.

So I just use them as soon as i find them, and otherwise pay them no mind.

But they DO have a use, even if its a bit boring...

Archived