Does anyone use the Magazines?

gcomerfo

I haven't really used those magazines with the temp buff/perk yet. I always end up saving them for some "purpose" for later, but then never use them. I know lot of people sell them too.

Does anyone use these? and how do you use them to best advantage? does the perk many a big difference in any cases of note? Please tell me your thoughts on if I should use them, or sell them, or scrap em.

I wasn't sure about them at first. they could be very useful in certain situations but with everything else i was dealing with I never really took the time to figure out how best to use them and was mostly just selling them in the EG. now i just kinda use them as i get them whatever they are but i never carry them around

they're pretty trash. 1 point in a skill/attribute is worthless since the magazine bonuses are level gated, so you'd have to already be behind the curve on a skill where 1 point is make or break. which is int, and if you're behind on Int, odds are a magazine isn't your problem.

they're pretty trash. 1 point in a skill/attribute is worthless since the magazine bonuses are level gated, so you'd have to already be behind the curve on a skill where 1 point is make or break. which is int, and if you're behind on Int, odds are a magazine isn't your problem.

What he said^^

While hardly game changing I think people are dismissing the magazines a little here. Generally whenever I find one, I'll use it. Sure it might have limited effect as my skill tree level isn't high enough for it to be active, but it's either free perks or no negative, so why throw it away or ignore it?

I'm finding them useful. It's like renting skills for free (only the ones you have available to buy)

Basically I use them for those skills to which I dont put points.

farming? read magazine of miner 69 or mother lode ...

looting? From the shadows, hiden strike, skull Crusher, sexual tyranosaurus ...

؟why not? its free.

Personal experiences,

I read the better barter before going to the traders,

or read living off the land to make seeds without spending that point.

Just other day in mp server buy in trader the Grease Monkey magazine, why? beacause I still need another point to make the bike, and I didnt want to wait.

At first I thought it would be great to save them for bloodmoons but soon realised it was easier to just read them and move on, far too many slots taken up by paper because they don't stack.

Do you gain any benefit from them if you are maxed in the perk/attribute it buffs?

The descriptions of what and how skills and perks works is so poor who really knows what does what. They're just not worth the paper they're not printed on.

And given the nonsensical nature of a 30-minute increase in intelligence, it's just a dumb idea anyway.

Just vendor fodder for me, I haven't bothered to read to see what skill they are since I read the description on the first one and realized it was a lame temporary bonus that only worked if you hadn't capped out that skill already. If they reduced the drop rate to 1/10 or 1/20 of it's current value and made it a permanent skill point regardless of level gates they'd be great.

They can be handy for getting crafting related perks that you need, but can't/don't want to spend points on right now. Sometimes I read a few of them before a blood moon, but the effects are barely noticeable. I sell most of them, especially things like olympic swimmer and other minor stat boosters.

Maybe they'd be less niche if both the magazines themselves and the buffs they give actually stacked, or if they could buff you beyond your current level's restrictions. That way you could read up before tackling a difficult POI or a blood moon horde and have it make an actual difference.

They seem poorly thought out at the moment.

Just vendor fodder for me, I haven't bothered to read to see what skill they are since I read the description on the first one and realized it was a lame temporary bonus that only worked if you hadn't capped out that skill already. If they reduced the drop rate to 1/10 or 1/20 of it's current value and made it a permanent skill point regardless of level gates they'd be great.

OR permanent when not maxed out, 2 hour boost once maxed out (not stackable, lost on death)

They are either insta-read or insta-scraped in our crew. The paper they scrap to is actually worth more than the buff.

I'm sure the devs had this idea that they would be used while the death debuff was ticking down but with the number of people that either play dead is dead or shorten the debuff down to less than 30 minutes, magazines are largely a waste of space. As it is though, they are boobie prizes instead of useful schematics that DO actually have a significant impact on your progression.

I pretty much agree they are trash.

It just isn't worth an inventory slot to carry around 1 item that is of highly situational usefulness. Maybe if we had a portable magazine holder or they had a longer duration or something, but as it is the ones I think I may find useful sit in a chest, nominally for death debuff use, but generally forgotten. The rest get sold to trader.

I do not use them. They are just a waste of rare inventory slots. If I wanted to use them in situation they are useful, it would mean I have to carry them all the day with me, only just in case situation x will occur someday.

I wonder if the devs are using them?! Maybe they can explain for what exactly they made them...

I haven't really used those magazines with the temp buff/perk yet. I always end up saving them for some "purpose" for later, but then never use them. I know lot of people sell them too.

Does anyone use these? and how do you use them to best advantage? does the perk many a big difference in any cases of note? Please tell me your thoughts on if I should use them, or sell them, or scrap em.

So far I've never been in a situation where I would have benefited from one of the magazines I had.

I've never used a single one, and now have a storage box more than half full of them.

Not really sure why I'm keeping them. Might be worth selling once I have perked up my barter skills.

To me they seem stupid. Perhaps for people who can't plan and budget their skill points they might serve a purpose.

Archived