A few questions for those who have played a17 more than I have.

Mephistopheles

1. It appears Miner 69er has a new description that implies that it ONLY improves "power attack" damage. Is it correct to assume that there are no perks that would improve the performance of this auger I was lucky enough to find? Because it sucks ass compared to a16.

2. Where is everyone finding bones/glue/duct tape? I've harvested like every single "road kill" gore block I can find, and animal corpses by farm areas, but now I'm out of resources and feel like it's stupid af that they removed zombie corpses without providing an alternative to the usual methods of finding all the glue we need.

3. What's the best tool and swing to use to get the most bones harvested? I've messed around with hunting knives, axes, picks, stone axes, augers, and I haven't noticed a clear winner yet. I used to get 3-4 bones from corpses using a low quality hunting knife in a16, but so much has changed that I'm having to relearn a lot of mechanics that were changed (usually for the worse).

5. Why is there no #4?

6. I built a bike. Later, I wanted to build a minibike so I went to disassemble my bike to get the wheels so I could use those on the minibike, but found no option to tear the thing apart like you could do with minibikes in a16. Are all vehicles like this as well? If so, why not allow us the option to change or upgrade the parts and reassemble?

Auger lvl 6 with mods is usable (still sucks a bit)

Screamergeddon, 1/10 of the enemys are dogs

No idea Knife or machete i GUESS

Keep the bike for your mining tunnels.

Forget the minibike, build direct a Hog

This may not be possible as it needs over 30 forged steel and sometimes traders/loot won't get you any. The vechicles unlock a bit earlier in b208, for example the bike unlocks at lv 20 (4 int), but you need 3 int and lv 30 to make the workbench, so you have to find one in the world to be able to make them early. This happens again with the hog, it unlocks at 50, steel is not till 60+, so its either find or buy steel to make one.

1. Does seem correct.

2. Wolves, dogs and vultures together with prey animals still provide a lot of bones. But you're right that supply is lower than it used to be.

3. I think shiv, hunting knife and machete are considered "appropriate" tools for harvesting animals.

6. Nope, no disassembling.

1. It doesn't seem that miner69er effects auger, but looking at the auger data entry, there appears to be some perk that modifies its block damage. But its not clear which perk.

2. I've gotten most of my bones from animals in the wild, I also found a pig farm POI where I got a ton of bones, leather and meat from. Traders are generally the best source of glue or tape.

3. No idea which blade is the most effective.

6. There doesn't seem to be a way to get the wheels back, you just have to find or make new wheels.

Hope this helps,

- P

Thanks a bunch for the recent replies, good info and suggestions. That grip mod sounds cool. I sure wish mods were more common. I've only received one so far and it was useless in that it was designed to make a melee weapon a light source. It probably adds fire damage, but would attract every single zombie within 1.2km. I guess it would be ok to use during the day when a huge horde of walking zeds wouldn't be a big deal to handle.

50 tradervisits, no glue

well over 200 Tradervisits with full skill, only one lvl1 auger

Now that I think about I suppose I didn't really see glue much but I still very frequently see them carrying duct tape in quantities as high as 16 or 17 so I typically buy those when I'm low and simply save my glue.

Thanks a bunch for the recent replies, good info and suggestions. That grip mod sounds cool. I sure wish mods were more common. I've only received one so far and it was useless in that it was designed to make a melee weapon a light source. It probably adds fire damage, but would attract every single zombie within 1.2km. I guess it would be ok to use during the day when a huge horde of walking zeds wouldn't be a big deal to handle.

Could've just check your sneak bar and noticed that it remains unchanged. It's a free light source. And I've never seen an enemy 'burn', but it does have a minor damage boost on stats.

Could've just check your sneak bar and noticed that it remains unchanged. It's a free light source. And I've never seen an enemy 'burn', but it does have a minor damage boost on stats.

They used to burn with torches I believe and be relatively easily dismembered, but I haven't seen anything but the molotovs burn them as of yet in alpha 17 and dismemberment is mostly locked behind perks.

They used to burn with torches I believe and be relatively easily dismembered, but I haven't seen anything but the molotovs burn them as of yet in alpha 17 and dismemberment is mostly locked behind perks.

Confirmed that "Burning Shaft" mod sets zombies on fire at a low rate. Done it.

Btw my very first post was serious

2. Where is everyone finding bones/glue/duct tape? I've harvested like every single "road kill" gore block I can find, and animal corpses by farm areas, but now I'm out of resources and feel like it's stupid af that they removed zombie corpses without providing an alternative to the usual methods of finding all the glue we need.

Screamergeddon, 1/10 of the enemys are dogs

C46AAA9B299F593D45126465B8C51CD083D0E583

Best way to farm bones i found until now

(but let the dogs come so near you can butcher them ) (make the walkway 3 broad at end)

Confirmed that "Burning Shaft" mod sets zombies on fire at a low rate. Done it.

Do you play on MP or SP? I've been noticing quite a number of things don't work quite right on MP. I've gained about 8 levels since using burning shaft, and not once have I seen one catch fire. Even back in A15 using a torch to whack zombies has a pretty low rate of ignition, but yeah haven't seen a single zombie ignite after that many zombies.

Archived