Anyone using dart traps?

secateurs

I've tried to build a fort where blockades encourage a singular path towards one face where overhead dart traps fire down when zeds step on pressure plates but the zeds seem to purposely avoid them, the traps activate too slowly and even on the easiest setting it still takes 5 darts to put down the weakest zed.

Dart traps aren't most powerful of traps, that's why you can load stacks of 750 darts intro them.

However a proper killbox can do wonders.

You might want to use motion sensor or trip wire instead of pressure plates though, I also had little luck with pressure plates and that's coming all the way from A16.

If you're not adverse to modding, you could make a Dart Turret.

I had them in A16 and I loved them.

Just copy the AutoTurret and change the ammo to darts.

Not only are they efficient, they aim!

Just adjust the damage or fire rate to your liking and you're set.

Ooh, that sounds really nice. I'll have to try that out. Some ideas in the same line of thinking I just thought of:

1. A turret that shoots shotgun slugs.
  2. A dart traplike thing that shoots bullets.
  3. A blunderbuss wall trap/turret.
  4. A turret that shoots poop.

Dart traps do respectable amounts of damage. The problem is that they're silly-hard to get access to, and are competing with blade traps for resources in their tier.

Dart Traps are good for killing door-bangers (set up facing across the doorway), they're good for killing wall bangers (set up facing along a length of wall). They're good hallway sweepers (face down a narrow corridor) when combined with barbed wire or an electric fence net.

I like them because they are effective and low maintenance compared to pricey spikes or other electrical defenses. As long as you control the approach routes, a dart trap will do work.

I do like this

Agree that dart traps will do work. I’ve been testing a base focused around dart traps, electric fencing, and of course, abusing zombie pathing. Everything is triggered with motion sensors and it seems to work rather well. Mobs get shot as they loop around, and anything stuck gets electrocuted while being shot. I built this in creative after the last patch because I needed a break from leveling. I’ll build a variation of this in my next survival game as the components become available at the trader and/or I get high enough level. I like that the traps can be hidden behind arrow slits, I set them back 2 blocks, and they take zero damage. I hate repairs, so I avoid spikes/blades/etc. Now I need to figure out a similar set up for the motion sensors.

1.thumb.jpg.bab7ac3602bdc353b9324361ca921858.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.41c1f3ba0f5a49850eb6cf0e727fd0b2.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.15d1684986942fff3cdf14d89af1b79a.jpg

Dart traps have metal material properties, wouldn't it be workable to make a hallway where the floor or roof is all dart traps triggered by a few cameras or plates or tripwires? Then you'd have you "open path to me" during a BM and yet you could probably just sit and sip tea while they got mowed down? Hmm, will have to try this...

Dart traps have metal material properties, wouldn't it be workable to make a hallway where the floor or roof is all dart traps triggered by a few cameras or plates or tripwires? Then you'd have you "open path to me" during a BM and yet you could probably just sit and sip tea while they got mowed down? Hmm, will have to try this...

I'm not 100% on traps but it seems to be 1 trigger to 1 darttrap or them being on/off.

I'm not 100% on traps but it seems to be 1 trigger to 1 darttrap or them being on/off.

I haven't tried, but could the output of a trigger be wired to a relay, then the output of the relay sent to multiple things to turn on?

- P

I haven't tried, but could the output of a trigger be wired to a relay, then the output of the relay sent to multiple things to turn on?

- P

You could easily make a hallway out of dart traps and have them all trigger with a motion sensor. If there are zombies in the hallway, then they would all be firing. Tons of waste that way but it is possible. Probably even possible to setup enough trip wires to be less wastefull. It would be a whole lot of work and probably cause a ton of lagg. I would just go with 4 dart traps in a single lane hallway. Two at each end and have them enter one end from the side and walk down the hall filled with barbed wire while taking darts in the face and knees both infront and from behind.

Archived