Steam reviews

Perramas

The best way to get action is to leave a negative steam review. A giant wall of red thumbs down at the top of 7D2D steam reviews will have a far greater chance of spurring action than another forum post that no one making decisions at TFP will read.

1. can you guys read?

Ooft... if you were looking for our subservience I think you are going about it the wrong way. I particularly like the "this is not a discussion thread" comment, wonderfully meta.

Not sure if you are a regular forum user (not just this one, others as well) but the bottom line is that you don't control what people post on your thread. That's the "beauty" of the public domain. :)

The best way to get action is to leave a negative steam review.

Does anyone actually read, let alone trust, Steam reviews? It's an ocean of ignorance and vitriol with little flotillas of fanbois dotted about.

Does anyone actually read, let alone trust, Steam reviews? It's an ocean of ignorance and vitriol with little flotillas of fanbois dotted about.

Whenever I am just perusing steam to find a new game that sounds interesting I definitely read the comments sections to see how games are performance wise. I don't want to buy a game that just crashes. I also read them for reviews like "this game took 25 minutes to beat"... I pass on those as well. Other things I look for is "this game was boring because xyz" if that xyz is something that I would find boring in general as well... I would pass there too.

Though the steam reviews are not a total "make or break" for me, they do give me insight to determine if I would generally feel the same way and that does have an impact on my purchasing choices.

Helps a lot reading them to identify all the ignorance, vitriol and fanboi-ism. And then pick out those that look neutral and unbiased enough.

I would never base my decision to buy a game solely on that one source though. But that's just me, can't speak for anyone else.

I don't think their influence is irrelevant though.

The best way to get action is to leave a negative steam review. A giant wall of red thumbs down at the top of 7D2D steam reviews will have a far greater chance of spurring action than another forum post that no one making decisions at TFP will read.

I beg to differ. If someone posts a negative review on an EXPERIMENTAL build, I’m inclined to completely ignore them for the rest of time. People who do this are mean-spirited and unreasonable and their review is therefore worthless to me. I have no problem with people posting negative reviews for a stable release.

I beg to differ. If someone posts a negative review on an EXPERIMENTAL build, I’m inclined to completely ignore them for the rest of time. People who do this are mean-spirited and unreasonable and their review is therefore worthless to me. I have no problem with people posting negative reviews for a stable release.

Reviews on an EXPERIMENTAL and being mean-spirited are not mutually exclusive though. Take for instance a well thought out and properly formatted review on someone thinking that A17e is going away from the things they feel A16.4 had done great and just needed fine tuning. The devs and moderators already confirmed that they are keeping the current mod system and will not revert back to A16.4. So how would be mean-spirited to comment on your preference of that regardless of EXPERIMENTAL or not? It has been confirmed that EXPERIMENTAL or STABLE will NOT change that. You just have to keep an open mind when reading them and try to process out the parts that are irrelevant to you. Get what I'm saying?

Archived