Parkour is really overpowered

ArcticPrism

With steel armor, mods and perks you get 93.5% damage reduction.

That's not so bad.

And what do you get with no armor, perks or mods? 0%

This systems perk 'choices' are laughable: you can either jump stupidly high or not

Have ridiculously high DR or not

Fight the stun mechanic or not

Worry about survival (food and water) or not

Weather survival or not

Harvest decent ammounts or not

All these choices basicly are falt on off toggles for gameplay mechanics.

The game should still be playable regardless of what perk choices you make.

RPGs that have leveling and attributes generally have scaling enemies too, the gamestage system is nothing close to this and kind of sucks in terms of enemy progression: enemies either turn feral (sprint, ignoring the zombie run setting) or irradiated (regen HP). Both of those are pretty cheap in terms of difficulty IMO and no replacement for actual enemy scaling

This systems perk 'choices' are laughable: you can either jump stupidly high or not

Weather survival or not

RPGs that have leveling and attributes generally have scaling enemies too, the gamestage system is nothing close to this and kind of sucks in terms of enemy progression: enemies either turn feral (sprint, ignoring the zombie run setting) or irradiated (regen HP). Both of those are pretty cheap in terms of difficulty IMO and no replacement for actual enemy scaling

heavy armor still counts for a lot. A full set of Scrap iron, out of the gate, is 50% DR. With some melee skills, you're pretty much a king 1-on-1. Steel goes close to 70-80ish (haven't checked in a while), so even without Heavy Armor, Pain Tolerance, or Healing Factor, you can take ludicrous amounts of punishment.

The biggest problem is bleed. Bleed progressively damages your max health, and that becomes the major limiting factor of having DR. Simply applying a bandage/FAK means having to stop dealing damage, and you're likely to just have Bleed reapplied immediately if you haven't withdrawn. Healing Factor is nearly negated by Bleed, and can't keep up with the max health damage. If you're on the ground with a BM, that's going to be the primary issue at hand.

Armor protects against effects like bleeding and Healing Factor is not intended to keep up with combat damage. Why do you think we have healing items in the game at all?

@ WolfyBlah

That's a very astute observation.

Armor or perks indeed do not help you if you don't have them. Neither do weapons.

Maybe we need to explain this more clearly.

On the issue regarding armour, I had followed a few streamers who were worried about mobility if you started to wear heavy armour. Many chose to go down the leather armour as it's still decent protection while being lightweight. I had followed suit and decided to do the same.

However I found a level 2 steel set of boots and chest plate. As I was struggling for inventory room and didn't want to scrap or drop I decided to wear it back to my base and see what to do then. On the way back I got caught up in a wandering horde with dogs and limited stamina. I was able to get up onto one of the large rocks and melee my way out of the situation I was however caught by a few at the start and was bitten at least 3 times by the dogs. Now previously in A16, even with steel armour, that would have been a very serious altercation ending with me dying, but no, the steel armour absolutely saved the day.

I found some mods to help with mobility a few days later and even though I have crafted some leather armour just to compare, I find the negatives in regard to the heavy armour were either unnoticeable or countered by mods.

With that in mind I've been using the steel armour ever since. I do have a military helmet and gloves rather than steel ones, but even then I feel pretty safe - even from a dog horde - wearing it. I certainly didn't feel like that in A16!

Armor protects against effects like bleeding and Healing Factor is not intended to keep up with combat damage. Why do you think we have healing items in the game at all?

@ WolfyBlah

That's a very astute observation.

Armor or perks indeed do not help you if you don't have them. Neither do weapons.

Maybe we need to explain this more clearly.

Whats the offical procedure for making a complaint against a staff member? Please do not insult me in this manner again gazz.

Whats the offical procedure for making a complaint against a staff member? Please do not insult me in this manner again gazz.

Oh don't be such a snowflake. :p

You walked right into that one, and it was funny.

Gazz's snarkiness is legendary and not gonna change, and if you don't take it overly seriously or personally then you won't be offended.

But seriously Gazz, I beg to differ about being invulnerable.

That other 6.5% can kill you, even with all the level 5s you can still get bled/stunned/sodomized...granted you have to be playing like Leroy Jenkins or AFK...but still, I did not feel like a god even at lvl 300 with fully modded out gear.

Oh don't be such a snowflake. :p

You walked right into that one, and it was funny.

Gazz's snarkiness is legendary and not gonna change, and if you don't take it overly seriously or personally then you won't be offended.

But seriously Gazz, I beg to differ about being invulnerable.

That other 6.5% can kill you, even with all the level 5s you can still get bled/stunned/sodomized...granted you have to be playing like Leroy Jenkins or AFK...but still, I did not feel like a god even at lvl 300 with fully modded out gear.

If im offended by gazzs ♥♥♥♥e attempt at humour then your direct insults are not going to achive a much better affect.

If im offended by gazzs ♥♥♥♥e attempt at humour then your direct insults are not going to achive a much better affect.

Wow, you truly are a snowflake. No sense of humour? I mean it's Friday FFS!

All good, it's just an affect with little to no effect.

Private Message Roland... let him know how mean and evil Gaz is.. and tell him you cancelled your monthly subscription and they are losing money -- THAT will get his attention.

Im still trying to find the official complaints procedure, oddly enough it seems there isnt one. Just another reason to point people away from TFP

You post hyperbole and sarcasm, get responded to with sarcasm, and are offended? Communication is a give and take.

Oof. Applying more humor sure doesn't work here. :D

I know it's way past the time of having a normal discussion about the post that got you the "gazzponse" and you're off on your crusade of the angry customer now, but let's try and see here:

Weather survival or not

While your point that progression and difficulty scaling is not as granular as you'd expect it in a generic RPG is somewhat valid, you kinda miss one thing: Ultimately you can do everything you listed, the choice is only in what order you do (unlock) it. You have to figure out what's most important to you to have early and what can wait a while, you can't have it all right away. That's the game now. Quite some people aren't happy with that system one way or the other and then a good bunch of people are. What would you suggest to make it better?

The gamestage topic is its own separate issue about progression and I'd have a bunch of criticisms and suggestions on that, but I'll wait with those til stable release, seeing how devs already stated they're working on balancing gs.

Also, yes dying light style parcours moves would rock. Cmon TFP, send madmole off to the mocap studio, right now! Let's see if he took care of rule 1, or just went for the gains :D

While your point that progression and difficulty scaling is not as granular as you'd expect it in a generic RPG is somewhat valid, you kinda miss one thing: Ultimately you can do everything you listed, the choice is only in what order you do (unlock) it. You have to figure out what's most important to you to have early and what can wait a while, you can't have it all right away....

I'd like to take that a step further.

Some people adapt the way they point spend on what the game is throwing at them. [Myself included.]

Each game offers different loot and different opportunities.

The chance to choose the order in which we level is not only helpful, but probably needed in high difficultly levels.

[i wouldn't know though, only played one step.]

Also, yes dying light style parcours moves would rock. Cmon TFP, send madmole off to the mocap studio, right now! Let's see if he took care of rule 1, or just went for the gains :D

Madmole is an artist and very good with photoshop. The photos he posts are his "alternate reality". Not sure you want him doing mocaps because in real life he has no beard, is 5'2" tall, weighs ninety seven and a half pounds and can barely lift his keyboard. Rule 1 is a requirement for him. :)

Madmole is an artist and very good with photoshop. The photos he posts are his "alternate reality". Not sure you want him doing mocaps because in real life he has no beard, is 5'2" tall, weighs ninety seven and a half pounds and can barely lift his keyboard. Rule 1 is a requirement for him. :)

Q&A stream with Pokket was a deep fake – confirmed. Damn you technology!!!

It's Friday Friday, gotta get down on Friday..... good luck getting that out of your head anytime soon bwhahahaha

I just sent that in to a record producer and they cut me a check for a bazillion dollars.....said it is probably the best lyrics out there today.

Update: They said they were going to give it to Bieber....I gave them back a bazillion and a half and told them NO!

You post hyperbole and sarcasm, get responded to with sarcasm, and are offended? Communication is a give and take.

Where exactly did i post hyperbole or sarcasm?

- - - Updated - - -

He responded respectfully. You responded with words like stupid. Get a grip.

Im sorry who responsed respectfully? Gazz made the implication that im stupid and that is the furthest thing from respectfull.

Oof. Applying more humor sure doesn't work here. :D

I know it's way past the time of having a normal discussion about the post that got you the "gazzponse" and you're off on your crusade of the angry customer now, but let's try and see here:

While your point that progression and difficulty scaling is not as granular as you'd expect it in a generic RPG is somewhat valid, you kinda miss one thing: Ultimately you can do everything you listed, the choice is only in what order you do (unlock) it. You have to figure out what's most important to you to have early and what can wait a while, you can't have it all right away. That's the game now. Quite some people aren't happy with that system one way or the other and then a good bunch of people are. What would you suggest to make it better?

The gamestage topic is its own separate issue about progression and I'd have a bunch of criticisms and suggestions on that, but I'll wait with those til stable release, seeing how devs already stated they're working on balancing gs.

Please dont tell me what my point was (especially when you mis represent it) i didnt state that i want more granular progression (id personally prefer NO progression, the beauty of options.)

My feedback was pointing out: that the current perks are boring as hell on/off toggles for gameplay systems.

Survival? Naw just perk you way to never worryig about it. Weather? Same

As far as what id suggest to make ot better: Options! give those that have no intrest in the RPG elements a wayb to turn it off. An option to go back to a system closer to A16 would also be great, had a lot of fun with a16s progression but 0 intrest in playing this dumbbed down fallout ripoff.

Can we stop saying granular things are a positive? Resources and the harvest system are granular and they suck ass compared to previous.

Please dont tell me what my point was (especially when you mis represent it) i didnt state that i want more granular progression (id personally prefer NO progression, the beauty of options.)

My feedback was pointing out: that the current perks are boring as hell on/off toggles for gameplay systems.

Survival? Naw just perk you way to never worryig about it. Weather? Same

And I didn't state that you wanted it. I'm not "telling you" anything, I'm interpreting what you write. I will admit to making the mistake of antagonizing you in my previous silly post, (definitely not apologize for it ;) ), but I tried to actually adress what you wrote. If I misinterpreted what point you want to make, it's quite possible that you phrased it in a way it could be misinterpreted. But that thought doesn't cross your mind of course, it's easier to believe you never make mistakes and reprimand others.

As far as what id suggest to make ot better: Options! give those that have no intrest in the RPG elements a wayb to turn it off. An option to go back to a system closer to A16 would also be great, had a lot of fun with a16s progression but 0 intrest in playing this dumbbed down fallout ripoff.

If you'd cut out the vitriolic phrasing and made your case, maybe people would like to talk to you more and Gazz would stay in his cave too.

And before you call me "fanboi" or whatever – I do partially agree on this.

Generally I do like and want a progression in this game as it provides your first set of goals to achieve in the game. Without any progression and things you have to work towards this game is going back to be casual and short af. You may as well start up a quick FFA in some generic shooter game.

If you want that (not saying you do, to be 100% clear) – you already have the option and it's called console commands. Namely "Giveselfxp" for circumventing level gates and unlock all those pesky perks right away and "cm" to enable the creative menu and you can grab whatever item you don't want to grind for right away.

I don't agree with the way both player and difficulty progression is handled in this iteration and tend towards liking a mixed system, where some stuff is gated by RNG (old schematics come to mind) and some by learning/using skills. It does make for more variety in different playthroughs. So yeah, I'm closer to the A16 system with my preferences. I'd love to see the ability to learn stuff in more than one way again, schematics/books or even NPC that teach you skills.

But by now I think TFP made it quite clear we're not going to see anything like that in vanilla – It's gonna have to be mods hopefully.

Can we stop saying granular things are a positive? Resources and the harvest system are granular and they suck ass compared to previous.

All a matter of perspective and preference. So no "we" won't stop saying anything. But you can always speak for yourself of course. ;)

And I didn't state that you wanted it. I'm not "telling you" anything, I'm interpreting what you write. I will admit to making the mistake of antagonizing you in my previous silly post, (definitely not apologize for it ;) ), but I tried to actually adress what you wrote. If I misinterpreted what point you want to make, it's quite possible that you phrased it in a way it could be misinterpreted. But that thought doesn't cross your mind of course, it's easier to believe you never make mistakes and reprimand others.

If you'd cut out the vitriolic phrasing and made your case, maybe people would like to talk to you more and Gazz would stay in his cave too.

And before you call me "fanboi" or whatever – I do partially agree on this.

Generally I do like and want a progression in this game as it provides your first set of goals to achieve in the game. Without any progression and things you have to work towards this game is going back to be casual and short af. You may as well start up a quick FFA in some generic shooter game.

If you want that (not saying you do, to be 100% clear) – you already have the option and it's called console commands. Namely "Giveselfxp" for circumventing level gates and unlock all those pesky perks right away and "cm" to enable the creative menu and you can grab whatever item you don't want to grind for right away.

I don't agree with the way both player and difficulty progression is handled in this iteration and tend towards liking a mixed system, where some stuff is gated by RNG (old schematics come to mind) and some by learning/using skills. It does make for more variety in different playthroughs. So yeah, I'm closer to the A16 system with my preferences. I'd love to see the ability to learn stuff in more than one way again, schematics/books or even NPC that teach you skills.

But by now I think TFP made it quite clear we're not going to see anything like that in vanilla – It's gonna have to be mods hopefully.

All a matter of perspective and preference. So no "we" won't stop saying anything. But you can always speak for yourself of course. ;)

That can be turned rigt back around, maybe my phrasing wouldnt be how you put it 'vitriolic' if the moderators and developers didnt have years of history or being rude and ignorig player feedback, no matter how its put to them.

Dont know what you were shooting for by telling me console commands that im alreadly clearly aware of.

Your 'going back to casual' line says a lot, i dont give a flying ♥♥♥♥ about casual or hardcore, we can (and used to) have game options to suit both those who want a more difficult experiance and those who dont.

And as far as the game bieng 'short' its always been my opinon that the player experiance should be focused around the first 7 days of the game, shouldn't have to go further than that to see the majority of the game.

Because i tend to play this game for the building aspect (the thing about the game that made it worth playing over another) and as a sandbox... i dont need the developers to give me goals (especialy not ones that invovle grinding exp) , i can make my own goals (and this will never include any form of grinding XP, its the least fun thing in any game as far as i am concered).

Archived