Parkour is really overpowered

ArcticPrism

Being able to jump 2 or more blocks high is a HUGE game changer. 2 block jump height alone is amazing for a lot of reasons and 3 is just overkill. If anything is chasing you you can easily jump on something they can't reach or jump over walls they can't. You can also fall from any pretty much any height and survive even if you include skyscrapers. The immunity to sprained/broken leg also applies to attacks and not just from falling. There is also a hidden bonus that reduces jumping stamina costs. At level 5 the cost to jump is 5 stamina down from 20.

Being able to jump 2 or more blocks high is a HUGE game changer. 2 block jump height alone is amazing for a lot of reasons and 3 is just overkill. If anything is chasing you you can easily jump on something they can't reach or jump over walls they can't. You can also fall from any pretty much any height and survive even if you include skyscrapers. The immunity to sprained/broken leg also applies to attacks and not just from falling.

I never perked into it, I assumed the block jump height indicated how much higher you can jump "from" with out injury. Not how much higher you can jump. Can you jump 3 blocks high with this perk?

I never perked into it, I assumed the block jump height indicated how much higher you can jump "from" with out injury. Not how much higher you can jump. Can you jump 3 blocks high with this perk?

Yes, level 3 and 5 both give you 1 extra block jump height for a maximum of 3. The safe distance is a lot more powerful than it seems since the damage you take from falling doesn't scale quickly. It just means how far you can fall before you take 1 damage from falling.

Being able to jump 2 or more blocks high is a HUGE game changer. 2 block jump height alone is amazing for a lot of reasons and 3 is just overkill. If anything is chasing you you can easily jump on something they can't reach or jump over walls they can't. You can also fall from any pretty much any height and survive even if you include skyscrapers. The immunity to sprained/broken leg also applies to attacks and not just from falling. There is also a hidden bonus that reduces jumping stamina costs. At level 5 the cost to jump is 5 stamina down from 20.

I think that is the whole point, so you can have a chance to run away from ferals and such. Also yes PoppaTot it does up jump height to 3 blocks. Try to imagine it as you can jump 1 block higher then climb to get over a 3 block obstuction. I don't think its overpowered at all, Its mainly useful for running away and thats it. I mean sure you can jump into a poi but the noise from the landing will wake up the entire building for some reason. Dying light has a simmlar skill, yes you can parkour by default, but the skills make you faster, better, and have more stamina to do more.

If you feel its overpowered just don't... take the skill? why try to ruin it for everyone else?

I think that is the whole point, so you can have a chance to run away from ferals and such. Also yes PoppaTot it does up jump height to 3 blocks. Try to imagine it as you can jump 1 block higher then climb to get over a 3 block obstuction. I don't think its overpowered at all, Its mainly useful for running away and thats it. I mean sure you can jump into a poi but the noise from the landing will wake up the entire building for some reason. Dying light has a simmlar skill, yes you can parkour by default, but the skills make you faster, better, and have more stamina to do more.

If you feel its overpowered just don't... take the skill? why try to ruin it for everyone else?

I'll have to give it a try. I assume this jump height also equates to jump distance, correct? Be an interesting mechanic to use for base building.

It's a fun mobility perk, and I'd say working as intended. Combine it with Run'n'Gun, Rule 1, and Automatic weapons and you're practically in the matrix. You could probably take horde night on the ground without a base once topped off, just weave through (cleared) POI's, or go from rooftop to rooftop.

It's only overpowered in the sense of what it does for you after level 100. It takes so long to reach that I don't think it's overpowered in terms of balance.

At any rate it looks like a cool, fun perk. Don't give TFP any ideas. They love to nerf fun.

I agree with this guy, don't give TFP ideas as they seem to like to nerf anything that is actually fun lately. I know its probally not true, but thats how it seems to some people. Also yeah, in the game once you hit lv 100 your bascally endgame god tier powerful. If anything you shouldn't hit that point till 200+ if it was my choice. Honestly though I feel like all the level gates for most perks should be removed. Keep ones like the forge line/vechicle line, and a few others level locked but unlock stuff like the base stats, and alot of the other perks. They want us to specalize but you can't really specalize when everything is level locked. Most players in general are taking the exact same build because they are forced to.

You want inv space? more mats from mining? faster mining? you gotta max str, there is no ifs ands or buts about it. Wanna be able to craft? you have to max int no if ands or buts about it. I don't mind so much, the only stat I feel is pretty useless is perception, In none of my games have I ever spent a point in it and I never felt like I lost anything by not doing so. Now if I was to leave up str, int, fort or agility, there would be a very noticable loss.

I'll have to give it a try. I assume this jump height also equates to jump distance, correct? Be an interesting mechanic to use for base building.

True, it would help with base building as well, but the general idea of the perk I think is to use it to get away from zombies easier, same way rule 1 cardio is as well, its meant more as a way to get away easier if you need to.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh, just wait until you try jump jets.

Yeah I saw those in the xmls, wonder if its something they going to put in the game where you can actually loot/craft them. They sound fun.

Yeah I saw those in the xmls, wonder if its something they going to put in the game where you can actually loot/craft them. They sound fun.

Its fully functional and working armor mod.

You can get it through creative menu, unsure of it actually dropping in regular game.

It's only overpowered in the sense of what it does for you after level 100. It takes so long to reach that I don't think it's overpowered in terms of balance.

At any rate it looks like a cool, fun perk. Don't give TFP any ideas. They love to nerf fun.

The level 100+ is a fair point. Players are pretty unkillable at that point even without the perk.

I don't think there's really any good way for them to nerf it without making the perk useless besides the hidden stamina cost reduction. I agree it's a fun skill to use since I like platforming so I definitely wouldn't want it to go away completely.

Holy ♥♥♥♥ I love the double standard here. Its amazing what people choose to define as fun or not. "OMG zombie can dig, Pimps remove its no fun" "OMG Wandering Hordes can spot me Pimps fix it no GPS hordes" but then this comes along, and now its "Don't say anything Pimps may remove it".

Nerf Stamina! Nerf Blood Moon! More XP for Standing in the corner! THOSE all are great ideas right?

But the second something seems out of place everyone is shushed to silence because we can exploit this to our advantage. Im not advocating removing it but its just funny the battles you guys choose and the ones you ignore.

hmmm... Three metre jump height regardless whether fun or not, to me just feels unnatural and immersion breaking for what's supposed to be a survival game - I'm playing a survivor not a marvel superhero. I think that changing it to a three metre scramble up a clear vertical surface would feel better and more in line with the perk name. For now I've just tweaked the XMLs so it maxes out at two metres at perk level 4.

hmmm... Three metre jump height regardless whether fun or not, to me just feels unnatural and immersion breaking for what's supposed to be a survival game - I'm playing a survivor not a marvel superhero. I think that changing it to a three metre scramble up a clear vertical surface would feel better and more in line with the perk name. For now I've just tweaked the XMLs so it maxes out at two metres at perk level 4.

There's an idea, I might muck around and increase it to like 50 or something.... see what that's like... hehe.

They could just add some fumbling arm motion so you can immerse yourself thinking it's pulling yourself up rather than jumping if that helps with your immersion lol.

They could just add some fumbling arm motion so you can immerse yourself thinking it's pulling yourself up rather than jumping if that helps with your immersion lol.

I could black out the screen while you jump.

Totally immersive. DON'T PANIC!

There's an idea, I might muck around and increase it to like 50 or something.... see what that's like... hehe.

Look at the admin items. They are not disabled for experimental.

The level 100+ is a fair point. Players are pretty unkillable at that point even without the perk..

EVERYTHING becomes OP at level 100. Please don't pick on the one perk in the game that is genuinely FUN. There is so little pure unadulterated FUN left in A17, don't kill it off more, please?

I think it is not more OP, than purple AK with all related level 5 perks. Stealth is also sweet, and on lvl5 may seem OP.

However,

1) for Parkour you need actually something to jump on, in the most critical situations you don't.

2) for AK you need ammo

3) for stealth you need close quarters or darkness

and for all of these tactics you need a skill as a player to use them correctly.

Actually these new features are marvelous, as for balance - I don't see anything really bad right now. Especially for stealth - you accidentally jump off the table and a half of zombies in a house are hunting for you :D , and very probably you are dead in a couple of seconds. However, this makes stealth challenging and fun, I love it ;) .

Archived