Questions: game options and features.

WolfyBlah

Feature wise:

1) RWG - is Biome dithering ever making a return?

2) RWG - will we be getting more customisation options for this in game? (Id personally like to be able to remove radiation zones and landmines without needing to edit the XML everytime)

3) enemy spawning/behaviour - more options for this? Want a game where only zombie dogs spawn roaming outside buildings? Want more numerous but not running zombies? Want fewer zombies that sprint at you? The more options we get around this sort of stuff the better for everyone. (Decent options here would be to have an on/off toggle for spawning each specifc zombie)

4) Lock picking - are we still getting this feature? It was mentioned way back when safes were originally locked, personally always hated beatin on them to unlock them.

5) Craft/Loot timers - any chance of this being an option again, having to edit XML extensively for this gets old fast.

6) RPG/Leveling system - lots of options around this would be great, personally the ability to disable this would be appreciated.

Overall id like to see a lot more of these sorts of options in game.

-Edit

7)ziplines?

I think theres definitely a need for this now,with so many complaining over certain aspects of the game.

Being able to just switch on/off features on a page would give much more control over how you want to play and also resolve a lot of complaints over playing style/perks/mining etc.

It would also give TFP time to focus on other aspects of the game. win/win, although someone is bound to have an objection to that too! lol

I think theres definitely a need for this now,with so many complaining over certain aspects of the game.

Being able to just switch on/off features on a page would give much more control over how you want to play and also resolve a lot of complaints over playing style/perks/mining etc.

It would also give TFP time to focus on other aspects of the game. win/win, although someone is bound to have an objection to that too! lol

I actually think they shouldn't put a whole bunch of new settings yet ('yet', as in not now but later)

More settings = harder to balance if everyone is using something different.

I would like the default to be tweaked and balanced first.

Edit: but I do hope they add a lot of them, so ppl don't need to edit the .xmls for common things ppl want.

Roland posted somewhere about TFP planning to add more granular settings for zombie run behavior. I don’t recall all of the details, but it sounds like that will cover some of what you want.

Yeah one of the devs posted a screenie with more settings regarding run behaviour, be glad to get this back.

Yeah one of the devs posted a screenie with more settings regarding run behaviour, be glad to get this back.

Get this back? When did we have anything like this option before? The new option separates daytime/nighttime/regular zombies/feral zombies and horde night into 1 of 5 different selectable speeds for each.

Get this back? When did we have anything like this option before? The new option separates daytime/nighttime/regular zombies/feral zombies and horde night into 1 of 5 different selectable speeds for each.

Before feral zombies were shoe horned into the game we could choose wether zombies ran or walked, this is just more options around that (and finally only-walk is doable again without XML editing).

Lockpicking in particular looks LESS likely than before now.

Reasoning being the new convoluted house "dungeons" - most of those designs use locked and reinforced doors to maintain the look of a house while directing you in a linear path through the unlocked doors and wall holes.

If they allowed unlocking doors, with the POIs they have now, not only would the "flow" of their dungeons be ruined, but it would likely leave people struggling to find their way around these insane mega-houses.

Basically their own design choices have indicated they plan to continue treating locked doors as "always locked"

Lockpicking in particular looks LESS likely than before now.

Reasoning being the new convoluted house "dungeons" - most of those designs use locked and reinforced doors to maintain the look of a house while directing you in a linear path through the unlocked doors and wall holes.

If they allowed unlocking doors, with the POIs they have now, not only would the "flow" of their dungeons be ruined, but it would likely leave people struggling to find their way around these insane mega-houses.

Basically their own design choices have indicated they plan to continue treating locked doors as "always locked"

See no reason locks cant have tiers/difficulties like they do in TES/Fallout.

Still be an open path for those without lockpicking...

Before feral zombies were shoe horned into the game we could choose wether zombies ran or walked, this is just more options around that (and finally only-walk is doable again without XML editing).

Yes, so having two choices is the same as having 5....................ok dude. As I said, we never had anything like this option before - fact.

Yes, so having two choices is the same as having 5....................ok dude. As I said, we never had anything like this option before - fact.

Im not disagreeing with you that there are more options coming than we used to have, just stating my happiness that walk-only is doable again without XML edits.

Archived