Display adapter crashes randomly during play

Solidsnake8774

I get random display adapter crashes through out play at random times. Even with graphics at the most minimal of settings, tiny ass box, with lowest settings on everything (just so I can get smooth enough fps that it doesnt stutter). Game can crash anywhere between a few minutes of playing to a couple of hours. Just pure random. What happens is I'll be playing, and then either my monitor goes black or the client goes black for a few minutes, and then everything slowly loads back up and the game becomes unresponsive (causing me to have to force the game to close through task manager)

i re-installed my drivers and it still happens.

I even forced the game to launch in D3D9 in launch options and it still happens.

A garranteed way to make it crash my display adapter is I found if I aim through the look of a compound bow.

Playing the game in A16 version doesnt cause any of this. And no other games I play do this.

(strangely changing texture quality to high has made it happen less often, it still does but not as frequent, using low or half texture quality made it happen more frequent, but even that still insues, as I still seem to crash at certain points even still, now with just a more horrible framerate.

Things I've noticed that garranteed crash for me is:

-Aiming down sights of a compound bow (no other weapon does it)

-Getting on a bicycle only when its leaning over (where you do the animation to pick up the bike and hop on)

- Visiting traders (This only happens like 50% of the time. Visiting a trader, soon as I enter thier door I crash)

Sorry for the delay. Was at work when reading your reply, got busy, and lost the post.

You have two issues.

First is that your GPU is at the bottom line of acceptable, and the rest of your system is just about at the minimum recommended.

The second is that you have a version mismatch between client and server. The world you are connecting to is from an older version.

Most likely the problem is that your GPU is failing. It is possible that the latest driver is causing an issue though since your card is outdated. You might try rolling back a version or two.

The GPU might be overheating, causing the display driver crash. You could use an app like HWMonitor or Afterburner to see if your GPU or CPU are overheating. If they are, then a good cleaning might help. A new GPU of course would be a better option. As a point of reference, My Nvidia 1060 with 6 Gigs of ram is struggling with A17 on low settings. A friend of mine with a 1070 seems to be doing better.

I have the same problem

I get random display adapter crashes through out play at random times. Even with graphics at the most minimal of settings, tiny ass box, with lowest settings on everything (just so I can get smooth enough fps that it doesnt stutter). Game can crash anywhere between a few minutes of playing to a couple of hours. Just pure random. What happens is I'll be playing, and then either my monitor goes black or the client goes black for a few minutes, and then everything slowly loads back up and the game becomes unresponsive (causing me to have to force the game to close through task manager)

i re-installed my drivers and it still happens.

I even forced the game to launch in D3D9 in launch options and it still happens.

A garranteed way to make it crash my display adapter is I found if I aim through the look of a compound bow.

Playing the game in A16 version doesnt cause any of this. And no other games I play do this.

(strangely changing texture quality to high has made it happen less often, it still does but not as frequent, using low or half texture quality made it happen more frequent, but even that still insues, as I still seem to crash at certain points even still, now with just a more horrible framerate.

Things I've noticed that garranteed crash for me is:

-Aiming down sights of a compound bow (no other weapon does it)

-Getting on a bicycle only when its leaning over (where you do the animation to pick up the bike and hop on)

- Visiting traders (This only happens like 50% of the time. Visiting a trader, soon as I enter thier door I crash)

the same thing happens to me friend

*ahem* your graphics card is - excuse me - a 7 year old piece of crap.

And was already back than never be intended to be a gaming device.

Watch this benchmark from 2011:

https://www.computerbase.de/2011-04/test-amd-radeon-hd-6670/3/

The GPU might be overheating, causing the display driver crash. You could use an app like HWMonitor or Afterburner to see if your GPU or CPU are overheating. If they are, then a good cleaning might help. A new GPU of course would be a better option. As a point of reference, My Nvidia 1060 with 6 Gigs of ram is struggling with A17 on low settings. A friend of mine with a 1070 seems to be doing better.

Do you mean your GTX 1060 6GB struggles only on low settings but performs better on high?

Because i own that Card too and have no issues with it. My settings are:

7D2D-Video_settings.thumb.jpg.691f314157b59e04ae6674849353085a.jpg

I have average 45 -50 but never below 30 FPS.

Windows 7 64bit SP1

AMD FX-8350

32GB RAM

GTX 1060 6GB

*ahem* your graphics card is - excuse me - a 7 year old piece of crap.

And was already back than never be intended to be a gaming device.

Watch this benchmark from 2011:

https://www.computerbase.de/2011-04/test-amd-radeon-hd-6670/3/

Do you mean your GTX 1060 6GB struggles only on low settings but performs better on high?

Because i own that Card too and have no issues with it. My settings are:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26347[/ATTACH]

I have average 45 -50 but never below 30 FPS.

Windows 7 64bit SP1

AMD FX-8350

32GB RAM

GTX 1060 6GB

Win 10

i7-3930l clocke at 4.2GHz

16GB RAM @900Mhz (Old DDR3 stuff)

GTX1060 6GB

I average 70-90FPS with it more regularly in the 100's. Do have the drops into the 47-60 range when in buildings.

Almost exact same settings, except I have SSAO and Sun Shafts turned off.

Win 10

i7-3930l clocke at 4.2GHz

16GB RAM @900Mhz (Old DDR3 stuff)

GTX1060 6GB

I average 70-90FPS with it more regularly in the 100's. Do have the drops into the 47-60 range when in buildings.

Almost exact same settings, except I have SSAO and Sun Shafts turned off.

I tested it now with SSAO and SunShafts Off - absolutely no difference.

I took some screenshots from location 1672 S 1661 E. Map Navezgane

With SSAO and SunShafts Off

FPS 33 looking in one direction

A17.0_B221-SSAO-SunShafts-Off-2.thumb.jpg.f54cb22fe81ca198398b8206c7323128.jpg

FPS 50 looking in the opposite direction

A17.0_B221-SSAO-SunShafts-Off-1.thumb.jpg.144047089d8d8194f50c975408da9174.jpg

With SSAO and SunShafts On - same position and same directions

FPS 33

A17.0_B221-SSAO-SunShafts-On-2.thumb.jpg.18399315df0a99d613e02444aebfe9f8.jpg

FPS 50

A17.0_B221-SSAO-SunShafts-On-1.thumb.jpg.1716dfdd00f15245d500153a8d5be1a2.jpg

Windows 7 64bit SP1