Mining.... like some of it, don't like some of it

pahbi

I like that its easier to get through the gravel to the ore veins and the gravel itself contains the mineral your after, in small but useful amounts.

I don't like losing lot of veins to sand slides, and the whole exercise turns into a giant top down strip mining operation.

I wish the gravel was a little less prone to sliding, and minerals would stick around a few minutes after they fall so you can pick them up.

- P

I haven't tried mining yet in A17 but I agree with part of your comment. Just how a pile of soil, sand or rocks evaporate after falling a meter or two always struck me as both a waste and unrealistic.

For the other part though, I'm in favor of sand and gravel being unstable. Mining should involve having to do some shoring up of your tunnels if the ceiling isn't solid stone. About the only wood needed in most tunnels in a16 was for ladders, bridging gaps and making level floors. Having to out in roof supports would balance the fact that you can go through gravel so easily. And of course you always have the option of triggering a fall to expose more rock face, just remember to dodge!

I like that its easier to get through the gravel to the ore veins and the gravel itself contains the mineral your after, in small but useful amounts.

I don't like losing lot of veins to sand slides, and the whole exercise turns into a giant top down strip mining operation.

I wish the gravel was a little less prone to sliding, and minerals would stick around a few minutes after they fall so you can pick them up.

- P

I was wondering if I was the only one who had resorted to strip mining. I'm gonna have a big fall pit soon...

Archived